The Bartlett House Inn
Guest Room 1
Located on the second floor, its décor is Italian. We like to think of it as having the feel of an Italian jewelry box (but bigger than that, really!). It has a queen bed, antique gold dresser and hand painted pastel pieces. A large east facing double window makes it bright and cheerful. It’s private bathroom has a large tiled shower. This elegant room is decorated in dusty blue, soft gold and silver tones.
Guest Room 2
Located on the second floor, this is the original Master Bedroom. Quite spacious, its décor has an American Victorian character. It has a period mahogany four poster king bed, working fireplace, and large private bathroom with soaking tub and shower, and a dramatic stained glass window facing south. A large round oriental rug draws your eye to the beautiful parquetry floor. A settee, large arm chair and tasseled ottoman provide comfortable seating in front of the fireplace. Nearby is a vanity/writing desk so you can do a little work, or apply touches to become even more beautiful.
Guest Room 3
Located on the second floor, this mid-sized room has Mahogany furniture, queen bed with rice carved posts, writing desk, wing chair and ottoman, creating the feel of a bedroom typically found in 19th century Washington brownstones. Its extra large bathroom with stained glass window and a soaking tub with shower certifies that this is one of the original bathrooms of this house.
Guest Rooms 4 & 5
Located on the second floor, these cozy rooms comprise our only two bedroom unit. Each room is furnished with a queen bed with antique metal headboard, demilune table with over-sized mirror, and a French accent chair. Each also has a unique in-wall storage area with shelves as well as hanging areas. This unit is favored by couples, families or groups of four traveling together, and twosomes needing separate bedrooms at an economy price per bedroom. Leaning towards French Country décor, its furnished in beige, black and white in toile, stripes and checks. The two rooms share a recently renovated connecting tile bathroom with shower.
Guest Room 6
Located on the second floor, it is one of our mid-sized favorites. With its English Country mood it is a special and lovely room, bright and sunny with a queen white four poster bed, chest of drawers, and a comfortable chair for reading or TV watching. Its large double windows overlook the old Village Church and its gardens next door. The small white tile bathroom has a walk-in tile shower stall. The room is dressed in a soft Wedgwood blue with white accents.
Guest Room 7
Located on the third floor, this is one of our larger rooms. French inspired, its bed is a unique oversized queen four poster with a luxurious mattress with pillow topper. That, together with the serenity and privacy which pervades the third floor, allows many Guests (we are told) to achieve longer and more restful sleep that they achieve elsewhere. The bed is set in a large double windowed alcove looking out into the treetops. There is a lovely sitting area with a sleeper sofa, chair, ottoman, beautiful hand carved bombe chest and a large floor standing mirror. The bathroom has a soaker tub with shower.
Guest Room 8
Located on the third floor, this is one of our largest rooms. Truly unique, this Asian inspired room has a king bed with a full sized Chinese lacquer screen serving as its headboard. The room also has a large sitting area with sleeping sofa, chair and ottoman. The newly renovated large bathroom has a soaker tub with shower. Asian accents and artwork are throughout this large, especially tranquil room. It really has to be seem to be appreciated.
Guest Room 9
Located on the third floor, this is one of our larger rooms. African inspired, it has a queen bed, complete with mosquito netting. There is a reclining daybed in the large windowed alcove. Original Batiks, carvings, photos and other special pieces acquired by your Innkeepers while in Africa, lend a special feel to this charming room. As do the two giraffes who watch over you in this very quiet corner of Africa. The newly renovated bathroom has a tiled shower stall. Neutral tones, hand painted pieces and crisp white moldings make this a sunny and peaceful cocoon in which to rest.
Guest Room 10
Located on the first floor, and furnished with Edwardian period pieces, this room was originally Assemblyman Bartlett's library, and later the Convent's Chapel. Which may account for the serenity and restful sleep that many Guests report. The bedroom has a queen bed with an antique Eastlake headboard, marble top dresser and night stands, and a mahogany chair. The newly renovated bathroom has a walk-in shower. This room looks into the Village Church's grounds and gardens. Plus it has a stained glass window that changes color as the daylight passes. A neutral tone-on-tone cream décor enhances the tranquil feeling in this lovely room.
Rates & Policies
Included in all guest rooms:
- Private bathroom with shower stall, or tub with shower - our private two bedroom unit shares a bathroom with ceramic tile shower stall
- Cable television, most of which are flat screen models
- Access to our Wireless Hi-speed Internet
- Linens of the finest quality
- Furnished with American, European or Oriental antiques, as well as newer quality furniture selected to fit the design theme of each room
High Season - May 1st through November 30th
- Weekends: $199 - $299 per night, and the 2 bedroom unit is $370 per night
- Weekdays: $185 - $275 per night, and the 2 bedroom unit is $350 per night
Low Season - November 1st through April 30th
- Weekends: $185 - $275 per night, and the 2 bedroom unit is $350 per night
- Weekdays: $175 - $250 per night, and the 2 bedroom unit is $320 per night
- Rates are for single or double occupancy
- Add $50 per night for each additional person
- Rates are subject to NY and Suffolk County Taxes that currently total 11.625%
- A large European buffet breakfast is included for each Guest. No one leaves Bartlett House hungry!
- Check-in is 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Key arrangements MUST be made for late arrivals. Early arrival may be available. Please call.
- Failure to check-in by 6:00pm - without prior arrangement - will be considered a cancellation, in which case your deposit will be forfeit.
- Cancellation Policy 14 Days before scheduled arrival
- If the cancellation is received at least fourteen (14) days prior to the first night of the reservation, your deposit will be refunded, less a $35 handling fee.
- If cancellation occurs, regardless of the reason, less than the 14 day period, you are responsible for the full room charges for the period you reserved.
- When we accept your reservation we must turn others away; the room is held exclusively for you, and if you do not honor your reservation it may go empty as a result. We will attempt to fill the room, and if we do your charge will be refunded.
- Special event reservations where 5 or more Guest rooms are reserved -
- such as Wedding Parties, Reunions, Retreats and Meetings, etc. - are not cancelable. You are responsible for all changes for all rooms for the entire reserved stay.
- Credit Cards: Visa and Master Card accepted.
- Personal Checks: We will be pleased to accept your personal check for your entire stay if we recieve it at least two weeks prior to your scheduled arrival.
- Minimum Stay:
- Two night minimum on Weekend reservations May 1st through October 31st and New Year's Eve.
- Three night minimum on major Holiday Weekends.
- No minimum stay is required Sunday through Thursday
- Bartlett House Inn Information:
- We are open year round.
- All Guest rooms and public areas are air conditioned.
- Children over 10 yesrs old are welcome.
- Pets are never allowed and smoking is permitted outside only.
- Gift certificates are available.
- We can arrange for delivery of gift baskets, flowers, wine, cheese, etc.
- For early arrivals / late departures - we will hold your luggage for you.
- Bicycle friendly - two uncovered outdoor areas are available for storing and chaining bicycles.
- Ice chests and/or food is NOT permitted in the guest rooms as the ice chests may cause damage and the food may attract insects