The Bartlett House Inn
Guest Room 1
Standard Queen Room located on the second floor
This room's décor is Italian inspired. We like to think of it as having the feel of an Italian jewelry box (but bigger than that, really!). It has a Queen Bed, antique gold dresser and hand painted pastel pieces and a flat screen TV. A large east facing double window makes it bright and cheerful. Its private bathroom has a large tiled shower. This elegant room is decorated in dusty blue, soft gold and silver tones.
Guest Room 2
Deluxe King Room located on the second floor
This rooom is the home’s original Master Bedroom. Quite spacious, its décor has an American Victorian character. It has a period mahogany four poster King Bed, wood burning fireplace, and large private bathroom with 20” deep soaking tub and shower, and a dramatic stained glass window facing south. A large round oriental rug draws your eye to the beautiful parquetry floor. A settee, large arm chair and tasseled ottoman provide comfortable seating to view the fireplace, or the large flat screen TV. Nearby is a vanity/writing desk so you can do a little work, or apply touches to become even more beautiful.
Guest Room 3
Superior Queen Room located on the second floor
This mid-sized room has Mahogany furniture, Queen Bed, writing desk and arm chair, creating the feel of a bedroom typically found in 19th century Washington DC townhomes. Paintings of the Capitol, the White House and other DC scenes, by renowned Artist G. Harvey and others, add the feel of the Nation’s Capital to this very comfortable room. It has an extra large bathroom with stained glass window and a 20” deep soaking tub with shower. This bathroom, in former days the main bathroom for the 2nd floor, still contains ceramic wall tiles over 100 years old.
Guest Rooms 4 & 5
The Friends and Family Suite - Two Standard Queen Rooms located on the second floor
These cozy rooms comprise our only two bedroom unit. Each room is furnished with a Queen Bed with antique metal headboard, French Demilune table with over-sized mirror, and a French accent chair. Each also has a flat screen TV. This very economical Suite is favored by couples, families or groups of four traveling together, and twosomes preferring separate bedrooms. Leaning towards French Country décor, it’s furnished in beige, black and white in toile, stripes and checks. The two rooms share a fully restored connecting Jack & Jill bathroom with tile shower.
Guest Room 6
Standard Queen Room located on the second floor
This room is one of our most requested standard-sized rooms. With an English Country motif it’s a lovely room, bright and sunny. It has a white four poster Queen Bed, chest of drawers, and a comfortable chair for reading or watching the flat screen TV. The room’s large double windows overlook the old Village Church and its gardens. The small white bathroom has a walk-in tile shower, with a window through which the Church’s steeples may be seen. The room is dressed in a soft Wedgwood blue with white accents.
Guest Room 7
Deluxe King Room located on the third floor
This is one of our largest rooms. French inspired, it has a King bed with a luxurious mattress with pillow topper. That, together with the serenity and privacy which pervades the third floor, allows many Guests to achieve longer and more restful sleep, we are told, than they achieve elsewhere. The bed is set in a large double windowed alcove looking out into the treetops. The room has a lovely sitting area with a sleeper sofa, chair, ottoman, and large flat screen TV. Completing the room’s appointments are a beautiful hand carved bombe chest and a large full length mirror. The tile bathroom has a 20” deep soaking tub with shower.
Guest Room 8
Deluxe King Room located on the third floor
This room is another of our largest rooms. Truly unique, this Asian inspired room has a King Bed with a full sized Chinese lacquer screen serving as its headboard. The room contains paintings and other artifacts - acquired by Innkeepers Jack & Diane during their trip to the Coronation of the present King of Bhutan - which give the room a truly special flavor. There is also a comfortable sitting area with sleeper sofa, chair and ottoman, and a large flat screen TV. The large bathroom has a 20” deep soaking tub with shower. Asian accents and artwork are throughout this especially tranquil room. It really has to be seen to be appreciated.
Guest Room 9
Superior Queen Room located on the third floor at the rear of the house
This very quiet room is one of our larger ones. Travel inspired, it has a wonderfully comfortable queen bed, and there is a reclining daybed in the large windowed alcove. Eclectic pieces and decor create an especially tranquil and charming space. The newly renovated, bright and sunny bathroom has a tiled neo-angle shower. Neutral tones, hand painted pieces and crisp white moldings make this a sunny and peaceful cocoon in which to rest. Or if you'd rather watch TV, it has a large flat screen with all the premium channels! And just outside your door is a full length mirror that all our Guests want to own because it makes everyone appear thin! And that's what you look into as you walk down the long hallway to your very private and serene room!
Guest Room 10
Standard Queen Room located on the first floor
This roo has its own foyer with French doors, creating a serene buffer from the rest of the Inn. Furnished with Edwardian period pieces, this room was originally Assemblyman Bartlett's library, and later the Convent's Chapel. This may account for the serenity and restful sleep that many Guests report! The bedroom has a Queen Bed with an elegant antique Eastlake headboard, marble top dresser and night stands, and a mahogany chair. The newly renovated bathroom has a walk-in shower. This room looks into the Village Church's grounds and gardens. Plus it has a stained glass window that changes color as the daylight passes. A neutral tone-on-tone cream décor enhances the tranquil feeling in this lovely room.
Rates & Policies
Included in all guest rooms:
- Private bathroom with shower stall, or tub with shower - our private two bedroom unit shares a bathroom with ceramic tile shower stall
- Cable television, most of which are flat screen models
- Access to our Wireless Hi-speed Internet
- Linens of the finest quality
- Furnished with American, European or Oriental antiques, as well as newer quality furniture selected to fit the design theme of each room
- Rates are for single or double occupancy
- Add $50 per night for each additional person
- Rates are subject to NY and Suffolk County Taxes that currently total 11.625%
- A large European buffet breakfast is included for each Guest. No one leaves Bartlett House hungry!
- Check-in is 3:00 pm to 6:00pm. Arrangements MUST be made in advance for late arrivals. Call to check for early arrival. Check-out is 11:00 AM. Late check-out can impede our turnover operations and, therefore, may incur an additional fee.
- Failure to check-in by 6:00pm - without prior arrangement - will be considered a cancellation, in which case your deposit will be forfeit.
- Credit Cards: Visa and Master Card accepted.
- Personal Checks: We will be pleased to accept your personal check for your entire stay if we recieve it at least two weeks prior to your scheduled arrival.
- Minimum Stay:
- Two night minimum on Weekend reservations May 1st through November 30th and New Year's Eve.
- Three night minimum on major Holiday periods.
- No minimum stay is required Sunday through Thursday, excluding July and August
- Bartlett House Inn Information:
- We are open year round.
- All Guest rooms and public areas are air conditioned.
- Children over 10 yesrs old are welcome.
- Pets are never allowed and smoking is permitted outside only.
- Gift certificates are available.
- We can arrange for delivery of gift baskets, flowers, wine, cheese, etc.
- For early arrivals / late departures - we will hold your luggage for you.
- Bicycle friendly - two uncovered outdoor areas are available for storing and chaining bicycles.
- Ice chests and/or food is NOT permitted in the guest rooms as the ice chests may cause damage and the food may attract insects
Cancellation Policy: 14 days before scheduled arrival for regular reservations; 30 days before scheduled arrival for Holiday (3 night) reservations. Also see below for Special event reservation cancellation policy.
If the cancellation is recieved at least fourteen (14) days prior to the first night of the reservation, thirty (30) days prior for Holiday reservations, your deposit will be refunded, less a $35 handling fee per room.
If cancellation occurs, regardless of the reason, less than the 14 day period, or the 30 day period for Holiday (3 night) reservations, you are responsible for the full room charges for the period you reserved.
When we accept your reservation we must turn others away; the room is held exclusively for you, and if you do not honor your reservation it may go empty as a result. We will attempt to fill the room, and if we do your charge will be refunded, less the $35 per room handling fee.
Special event reservations where 5 or more Guest rooms are reserved - such as Wedding Parties, Reunions, Retreats and Meetings, etc. - are not cancelable. You are responsible for all changes for all rooms for the entire reserved stay.