Elmira's Painted Lady
This grand second floor suite offers over 575 square feet of pure luxury in two elegant rooms! A spacious bedroom, large sitting/entertainment room with television/DVD player, two fireplaces, and ensuite private bath with luxurious whirlpool soaking tub make this the ultimate getaway retreat. The Victorian bedroom features a stunning Victorian wrought iron pillow top queen bed - perfect for the Wine Country enthusiast! Rich wine and gold wall coverings, linens and window treatments add to the regal atmosphere and are complemented by an antique gold with burgundy accented tapestry bedding ensemble.
Period hand carved Victorian settee, salon chairs, beautiful artwork and antique gilt framed mirrors top this room off with an elegant flair! A soft amber glow illuminates the room from a collection of Tiffany lamps. The perfect choice for a wedding night, honeymoon retreat or anniversary! The spacious living/entertainment room offers plenty of comfortable seating for reading, playing games, or watching television. Gorgeous fireplace adds to the overall charm and ambiance.
Regular Rate: $230
Quiet Season Special (November 1 through April 30): any night - $175 (Holiday time periods excluded)
Samuel Clemens Hideaway
Named after Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain), this spacious and formal second floor room features a king sized cherry Victorian style sleigh bed. Large bay windows and romantic mahogany remote controlled fireplace, wingback chair and gentlemen's armchair set the tone for romance! Oversized ensuite bathroom with luxurious whirlpool soaking tub, and pedestal sink create a relaxing atmosphere. Features cozy entertainment area with television and DVD, with over 420 square feet of pure elegance, guests who stay in this suite feel like royalty!
Regular Rate: $195
Quiet Season Special (November 1 through April 30): any night - $145 (Holiday time periods excluded)
Stunning first floor retreat featuring queen-sized draped canopy bed surrounded by bay windows. A period marble fireplace sets the mood for romance and has been updated with a remote controlled insert for year around enjoyment! Ornate gilt pier mirror rises to meet the 12' ceilings, setting an impressive backdrop for the reflection of this grand room! Also features cozy entertainment area with DVD and television and guest refrigerator. Oversized coordinating velvet upholstered sofa offers plenty of relaxing seating for television viewing, reading or napping! Private ensuite bathroom features a luxurious whirlpool soaking tub to help you relax and unwind at the end of the day! Lavishly adorned in purple and gold Victorian linens (also known as our Elmira College Soaring Eagles room.) Nearly 30 feet in length, this former salon room is both spacious and elegant!
Regular Rate: $190
Quiet Season Special (November 1 through April 30): any night - $145 ( Holiday time periods excluded).
Olivia's Rose Garden
Named after Mark Twain's loving and faithful wife, Olivia Langdon, this elegant second floor guest room features a Wingback recliner chair with a romantic antique bed and miles of exquisite sheer fabrics in soft pink and sage green hues including an elaborate bed surround. The television and DVD are tastefully displayed on an antique dresser with matching vanity, chair and mirrors. Also included is a full length mirror and decorative Oak working fireplace. Step down into the luxurious ensuite oversized sunken bathroom with whirlpool soaking tub, Refrigerator and comfortable period chair. Sheer romance awaits as you step back in time!
Regular Rate: $175
Quiet Season Special (November 1 through April 30): any night - $135 (Holiday time periods excluded)
Named for Tom Sawyer's devoted sweetheart, this romantic room exudes the same comfortable warmth that Twain instilled in his beloved characters. Elegant, blue and cream French Country wall-coverings, furnishings and linens grace this beautiful room. Additional luxury amenities include: original marble fireplace mantel, antique slipper chairs, TV/DVD, refrigerator and private ensuite bath with Jacuzzi tub. As with all our rooms, spa robes and bath products offer the finishing touch to a relaxing day! If you can't get away to the south of France this year, why not spend a few nights in Becky's Sanctuary for a taste of a French summer's day! A little bit of Provence in the Finger Lakes!
Regular Rate: $170
Quiet Season Special (November 1 through April 30): any night - $130 (Holiday time periods excluded).
Elmira's Painted Lady is pleased to offer five elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites featuring queen-sized pillow topped beds, private baths with luxurious whirlpool soaking tubs, color television/DVD with free cable and movies, imported Turkish spa robes, iron/board, hair dryer, salon quality hair and skin products, herbal bath teas and loofahs, air conditioning in summer, fresh flower arrangements, and much more! Most rooms feature Dimplex fireplaces for year-round use.
If you need to stay connected to the office or with family, we offer free wireless high speed internet access! All guests are welcome to use the common areas including our 1880's Victorian billiard parlor, formal parlor, dining room and furnished porches. A three-course gourmet breakfast is served by candlelight each morning! All rates are per night and based upon double occupancy. 12% state and local taxes will be added to each reservation.
- A two-night minimum stay is required for all Saturday evening stays from May through November, as well as during holiday periods from December through April. On rare occasions, last-minute rooms may be available for a single Saturday evening stay and we welcome your inquiry
- Special rates on our website are not reflected on Webervations pages, but will be correctly shown on your e-mail reservation confirmation
- $75 per night's stay prepayment/deposit required at time of reservation
- For reservations including packages, one half the package price is also required at the time of reservation and treated as a prepayment/deposit
- Payment may be made by personal or corporate check, cashier's check, money order, traveler's check, Visa/MasterCard/American Express, or cash upon arrival -- One form of photo identification is required
- Your prepayment/deposit is refundable with 14 days notice of cancellation, or shorter notice if your accommodations can be re-booked for your entire stay
- Each cancelled room reservation is subject to a $25 cancellation fee
- Check-in occurs daily between 3 and 6 pm (Alternate times must be pre-approved and we do not check-in after 9 pm)
- Check-out is 11 am. Late check-out will be pro-rated beginning at half day rates
- Elmira's Painted Lady offers breakfast seatings each morning at 8:30 and 9:45 am (seating is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Breakfast is Innkeeper's choice, however, we would be happy to accommodate special dietary needs if requested at time of reservation
- No smoking permitted on property
- Well behaved children over 12 are welcome but must be accompanied by parent at all times (including in guest rooms)