Arbor View House Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Introduction to Arbor View House
Arbor View House Bed & Breakfast is located in East Marion, New York, near Greenport. We welcome you to our Historic Victorian House in Long Island's Wine Country where the art of relaxation has been perfected. Join us in an environment that has been developed to take you back to another time and place while you renew your body, mind and spirit.
We provide a romantic setting with inviting bedrooms. These rooms have comfortable Sealy Posturepedic and Shifman beds and luxurious private baths with whirlpool tubs.
A full delicious gourmet breakfast is served either al fresco on our deck, weather permitting, or in our formal dining room.
At Arbor View House Bed & Breakfast you have access to clean uncrowded beaches, water sports, golf, tennis, award-winning wineries, and restaurants. Walk to unspoiled beaches to collect shells, go antiquing, jogging, kayaking, cycling, or shopping at one of the country's largest discount mall.
Gift certificates & spa services available We host weddings, anniversaries, retreats, family reunions, sports and business meetings.
You'll receive warm personal attention or complete privacy; the choice is yours.
This house was built early in the 19th century (circa 1820) and was originally in the Federal style. In 1873 it was purchased, added to and renovated in the then current Victorian manner by Captain Vail. This is one of three remaining houses built or renovated by Captains. The captain is buried in the local cemetery.
Arbor View House is listed by the Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities (SPLIA) and is considered to be a fine example of Victorian architecture. It has been lovingly restored and renovated, preserving its artifacts and replacing any that may have been removed. The innkeepers, Veda Daley Joseph and Wilfred Joseph, have done a masterful job of restoring this old house to its former glory. Wilfred, who has renovated several old homes including one other Captain's home in the area, has made this his proudest project yet. The house has been completely updated for the twenty-first century with all the creature comforts needed to make this home truly a work of art but not a museum piece. It is comfortable and elegant.
The Basics of Massage
(60 min. - $100/90 min. - $150) Releases tension and promotes your body's natural healing with a full-body massage which combines a wide range of techniques such as Deep Tissue, Myofacial, Swedish, Shiatsu, Reflexology, and Trigger Point Therapy and Stretching.
(60 min. - $100/90 min. - $160) Perfect for active individuals with sore muscles or athletes with a limited range of motion, this massage focuses on deep massage and stretching to increase endurance and muscle elasticity. An ideal massage choice before or after athletic training and events.
(60 min. - $100/90 min. - $150) This massage addresses specific medical concerns of the client and focuses on a few areas of the body. Ideal for accident injuries, carpel tunnel, chronic headaches, and post-surgical recovery.
This ancient healing system from Japan works the energy points of the body, stimulating internal organs & alleviating pain. Traditionally, Shiatsu is done on the floor while wearing loose, comfortable clothes.
Thai massage practitioners use their hands, feet, arms and legs to balance & energize the body. Using very slow movements & stretches, Thai massage is also done on the floor while clothed. Thai massage is thought to be the physical manifestation of loving compassion. It is deeply relaxing.
Reiki is a Japanese form of hands-on-healing. Reiki means universal energy. The warmth from the practitioners hands is very warm and healing and a deep sense of well being is achieved.
(60 min. - $100/90 min. - $150) Specifically trained therapists help relax the expectant mother and relieve common problems such as lower back pain and water retention.
Beyond Massage Aromatherapy
Using pure essential oils, your massage is personalized to help the body in calming, detoxifying, energizing and relieving tired or sore muscles.
($60) This is designed to stimulate your senses; your sense of smell, sight, touch, hearing and allow us to draw your bath and set the mood for a romantic, relaxing or therapeutic bath. Candles, music and rose petals will complete the process. Our aromatherapy bath is formulated with essential elements to awaken the mind, strengthen the spirit, and refresh the body, while creating an aura of well being that enables you to abandon the daily rigors as you look upon the day in a new light. We will customize the essential oils to suit your needs.
Our therapists stretch out tight areas of your body to lengthen muscles and relieve tension. You are also taught exercises that you can practice at home. Perfect for athletes or those suffering from chronic pain.
One-on-one yoga sessions allow the client to learn about where they hold stress in their body, and how they can use breathing techniques to alleviate stress. Yoga is powerful for stress management. Public Yoga classes are available.
- $245 to $350 per night/room
- Includes room with private bath and full gourmet breakfast for two, $55 for additional person
- April to November- 2 night minimum on weekends and full rates are in effect
- 3-night minimum required on the following holiday weekends: New Year's, Memorial, Independence, Labor, Columbus and Thanksgiving Days
- Mid week specials are available
Prices subject to change without notice
Refund and Cancellation
- Full refund of deposit if notice of cancellation is given at least 14 days before the date for which the room is reserved, less $50.00 per room processing fee
- No refund if the reservation is cancelled less than 14 days or on the 14th day before the check in date
- Additionally, guests agree to be obligated for full payment for any or all rooms reserved for the entire period for which the reservations were made
- While Arbor View House will make every reasonable effort to re-rent a cancelled room or rooms for which reservations had been made, guest's request and acceptance of a guaranteed room reservation constitute a binding contract between guest and Arbor View House
No refund for early departures
- A fifty percent deposit is required to confirm your room reservation
- The fifty percent balance is due 14 days prior to arrival
- Full payment in advance is required for a single night
We accept cash, travelers cheques, or most credit cards
- Check-in is at 3:00PM
- Check out is at 11:00 AM
- Rooms will be held until 6:00 PM, unless prior alternative arrangements are made
- Guest's failure to check in by 6:00 p.m. on the day scheduled will be treated as a cancellation
- Children are welcome, however some weekends are not suitable to children; please call first
- Regretfully, we cannot accommodate any pets
- Arbor View House maintains a No Smoking policy