Table Of Contents
An inviting Bed & Breakfast in Clinton, New York
The Arbor Inn at Griffin House is located less than one half mile from the Hamilton College campus (25 minutes from Colgate University) and just 10 minutes from the Westmoreland exit #32 of the NYS Thruway. Situated in the Mohawk Valley of Central New York, our Bed and Breakfast rests on five peaceful acres and provides a quiet country setting, yet the historic Village of Clinton is just a short drive down “the hill” where you can enjoy our local shops and restaurants or stroll around the “New England style” village green. Our location is also convenient to many area attractions and events including the Turning Stone Casino, the Madison Bouckville Antique Show and the Utica Boilermaker Race. The neighboring towns of Utica, Rome, Vernon, Oneida and New Hartford are all within easy driving distance.
Our Bed and Breakfast provides lodging in five well appointed guest rooms and suites located in both the Main House and the Courtyard Wing. Our 1800's farmhouse has been beautifully renovated and expanded resulting in a wonderful combination of elegance and vintage charm. All accommodations include complimentary wireless internet access, private baths, televisions, 24 hour coffee/tea availability and morning breakfast. The well kept grounds are filled with gardens and the front porch is the perfect spot for enjoying the upstate New York surroundings.
For your comfort and convenience:
- Complimentary high speed wireless internet access.
- Central air conditioning and ceiling fans in every room.
- Televisions with DVD players.
- AM/FM Radio with CD player and alarm clock.
- Bath amenities including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and hairdryers.
- Irons and ironing boards.
- Breakfast included in room rate (Arbor Inn guests only). Continental buffet with multiple choices available Monday through Friday. Full breakfast served on weekends.
- Freshly brewed Green Mountain coffee and assorted teas are available any time of day using the Keurig Coffee System.
- Home baked cookies for hungry travelers.
- Local restaurant menus.
To further accommodate our guests, The Arbor Inn recently opened a second lodging option in the picturesque Village of Clinton. Our new Williams Street Lodging location is the ideal choice for guests seeking an accommodation that is private but convenient to the bustle and activity of the village with restaurants and shopping just steps away. The two side by side upscale guest suites at #8 and #12 Williams provide the comfort of king beds, queen sofa-sleepers, sitting areas with electric fireplaces, two large LCD televisions, complimentary wireless internet access and kitchenettes with mini refrigerators, microwaves and single serve coffee brewers.
For whatever reason your travels bring you to Clinton, New York, our goal at both The Arbor Inn and Williams Street Lodging is to make your visit a memorable one.
Complimentary wireless high speed internet access
The Arbor Inn is just a short drive (less than two miles) to Clinton, NY. Our quintessential New England style village surrounds "the green" where in the summer months you might be fortunate enough to catch an evening band concert in the gazebo or attend the weekly Farmers Market with an abundance of locally grown produce. When in the mood for browsing there is an array of specialty "one of a kind" shops that include a bookstore, cheese shop, health food store, bead shop, flower boutique, dessert shop, custom jeweler, gift shop, decorator, art gallery and much, much more. When you have finished shopping we highly recommend one of our coffee cafes or restaurants and during the autumn you must include a stop at the Clinton Cider Mill with its fresh pressed cider and warm donuts. For those would like to learn more about the area you might enjoy a visit to our local historical society. Throughout the year, The Kirkland Art Center sponsors many gallery exhibitions and musical performances. The beautiful Hamilton College campus is also close by and there you may enjoy a self guided walking tour of their arboretum or explore the Root Glen gardens. After visiting Clinton, New York, you will also find many other area attractions and points of interest located within easy driving distance.
Clinton: For current and upcoming events please visit the Village of Clinton at: www.villageofclinton.com
- Kirkland Art Center (5 min.) : www.kirklandartcenter.org
- Emerson Art Gallery - Hamilton College (1 min.) : www.hamilton.edu/college/emerson_gallery/index.html
- Department of Theatre and Dance Hamilton College (1 min.) : www.hamilton.edu/academics/theatre/
- Spring Farm Cares (15 min.) : www.springfarmcares.org
- Chamber of Commerce : www.clintonnychamber.org
- Hamilton College (1 min.) : www.hamilton.edu
- Colgate University (25 min.) : www.colgate.edu
- Utica College (15 min.) : www.utica.edu
- Suny Institute of Technology (20min.) : www.sunyit.edu
- Mohawk Valley Community College (20 min.) : www.mvcc.edu
- Syracuse University (50 min.) : www.syracuse.edu
Utica: (20 minutes)
- Munson-Williams-Proctor Art Institute : www.mwpai.com
- Stanley Performing Arts : www.cnyarts.com
- Mohawk Valley Ballet : www.mvballet.org
- Utica Boilermaker Race : www.uticaboilermaker.com
- F.X. Matt Brewery Tour : www.saranac.com
- Utica Zoo : www.uticazoo.org
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad : www.adirondackrr.com
Surrounding Area: (up to 60 minutes)
- Erie Canal Village - Rome, NY (25 min.) : www.eriecanalvillage.net
- Fort Stanwix - Rome, NY (25 min.) : www.nps.gov/fost
- Turning Stone Casino - Vernon, NY (20 min.) : www.turning-stone.com
- Madison-Bouckville antique area (20 min.) : www.bouckvilleantiqueshows.com
- Oneida Silver Outlet - Oneida, NY (20 min.) : www.oneida.com
- Oneida Community Mansion House - Oneida, NY (20 min.) : www.oneidacommunity.org
- Cooperstown Hall of Fame - Cooperstown, NY (60 min.) : www.baseballhalloffame.org
- Boxing Hall of Fame - Canastota, NY (30 min.) : www.ibhof.com
- Old Forge, NY (60 min.) : www.oldforgeny.com
- Carousel Center Mall - Syracuse, NY (50 min.) ash; : www.carouselcenter.com
For additional information on "what to do and where to go" when visiting the Mohawk Valley
contact the Oneida County Visitors and Convention Bureau: www.oneidacountycvb.com
Directions to our Clinton, New York Bed & Breakfast
(We encourage you to follow our directions rather than those available online.)
From the East or West
- Take the NYS Thruway (I-90) to the Westmoreland exit (#32). You are now just four turns and 10 minutes away from The Arbor Inn and Williams Street Lodging.
- Pass through the tollbooth and turn right (turn #1) at the traffic light.
- Turn left (turn #2) at the second traffic light onto Route 233 South. Continue for five miles until you reach the blinking red light where Route 233 and College Hill Road (412) intersect. The Hamilton College Sign will be on your right. (For guests going to The Arbor Inn continue to follow these directions. For guests going to Williams Street Lodging see additional directions below).
- Turn right (turn #3) onto College Hill Road and proceed up the hill through the Hamilton College campus for just under one mile. Halfway up the hill is the sign indicating the turn for Admissions (Siuda House). Drive carefully through the main student crosswalk before reaching Griffin Road. Look for our sign on the corner.
- Turn right (turn #4) onto Griffin Road and continue for just over one half mile. The Arbor Inn is #3919 on the left side of the road. After you turn into the driveway you may park in the large parking area immediately to your left with your car facing The Inn.
Directions to Williams Street Lodging
- Turn left (turn #3) onto College Street and continue into the Village of Clinton.
- Turn right (turn #4) at the second traffic light which is Williams Street. #8 & #12 are located on your right.
From Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey or Other Points South
- Follow Interstate 81 north through Binghamton, NY to Route 12, (exit 6).
- Stay on Route 12 north for approximately 50 miles through the village of Sherburne.
- Turn left onto 12B north and follow for
- approximately 35 miles.
- About 3 miles north of the village of Deansboro, turn left onto State Route 233 until you reach the flashing red light at the intersection with College Hill Road (412). The Hamilton College sign is on the corner.(For guests going to The Arbor Inn continue to follow these directions. For guests going to Williams Street Lodging see additional directions below).
- Turn left onto to College Hill Road and proceed up the hill through the Hamilton College campus for just under one mile. Halfway up the hill is the sign indicating the turn for Admissions (Siuda House). Drive carefully through the main student crosswalk before reaching Griffin Road. Look for our sign on the corner.
- Turn right onto Griffin Road and continue for just over one half mile. The Arbor Inn is #3919 on the left side of the road. After you turn into the driveway you may park in the large parking area immediately to your left with your car facing The Inn.
Directions to Williams Street Lodging
- Turn right onto College Street and continue into the Village of Clinton.
- Turn right at the second traffic light which is Williams Street. #8 & #12 are located on your right.