Table Of Contents
Located in Clarence, New York, our spacious grounds full of herbs and flowers are enjoyed from many porches and balconies. Experience world-class cuisine and full country breakfasts with delicious regional accents. Often upon arrival you will find the aroma of fresh pies and breads lingering in the air! Clarence is known throughout the east for its antiques and treasures. Only 28 miles from Niagara Falls and 15 minutes from the Buffalo International Airport and the Amtrak Station.
A diverse selection in a warm country setting, all of our bed and breakfast guest rooms are furnished with antiques and period reproductions. Guests are romanced in the winter by the glowing fireplaces in most rooms. Each has been created with its own distinctive character.Gift certificates available for Dinner, Lunch, Tea, & Getaway Packages. Certificates can be made out in any amount and are good for 5 years.
- Voted #1 Bed & Breakfast
- Most Historical Charm
- Most Romantic Setting
- Results of "Best of Buffalo" News Survey
- Best Historical Charm, Best Dinner
- Best Service/Hospitality
- Best Special Occasion
- Best Romantic Setting
- "Best of the Best" readers choice survey conducted by Bee Publications
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Bob for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Guests stay to visit Niagara Falls, Niagara wine region, Erie Canal cruises, Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex, special theater events, visit relatives, business appointments, shopping, to break up a long trip and just to get away and relax.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Comfortable rooms and relaxing atmosphere, good food, good hospitality. Enjoy the many warm, friendly guests from all parts of the country (and Europe).
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
A variety of attractions with a convenient location.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"This is the best Inn we have ever stayed at."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit the local unique shops - including Antique World, feed the ducks at the town park, hike or bike the area trails, cruse the Erie Canal, enjoy wine from over 20 local wineries, take in a play at the Lancaster Opera House, visit Niagara Falls, check out the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, spend a day in Letchworth State Park, or just relax on one of the Inns porches and read a good book.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Town park with its pond, gardens, tennis and swimming, Clarence country store, family chocolate shoppe, and a variety of other small independent shops and fine restaurants.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Outside of our 'Ransom Room' dining, we enjoy The Clarence Hollow Bistro.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
Yes, two of our rooms accommodate pets.
Inn Amenities include:
- Full country breakfast
- Fireplace in nine of ten rooms
- Private bath, radio & hidden TV/cable
- Free wireless internet
- Individual heat and air-conditioning
- Hair dryers, irons & ironing boards
- Refrigerator in selected rooms
- Handicapped accessible
- Porch - rooms 5, 8 & 9
- Balcony - rooms 6 & 7
- Appropriate for quiet & well-supervised children
- Pets accepted - rooms 5 & 8
The Asa Ransom House offers a variety of wonderful and original gifts in their Sunshine Square Gift Shop. Clarence abounds with Antique shops many within walking distance. The Town Park, just a few steps away, offers tennis, swimming and twilight outdoor concerts.
Fine Country Dining Restaurant
Our dining room is open on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. by reservation. Friday and Saturday reservations begin at 5:00 p.m. On Monday only Bed & Breakfast is available.
Our restaurant serves the public as well as inn guests for dinner. We are licensed and have an extensive wine selection. To ensure your preferred dinner time, reservations are recommended in advance. Shorts are inappropriate in the main dining room, but are permissible on the veranda or in the snug. The same menu is offered in all dining areas.
Our seasonal dinner menu is offered Sunday, Tuesday - Friday. On Saturday we offer a five course dinner, included with MAP rate, otherwise $40-$55 per person for the public.
The five course elegant dinner on Saturday includes: hors d'oeuvres, choice of appetizer, salad, choice from six entrees and homemade dessert & coffee. Seating times on Friday and Saturday are 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us. Our toll free number is 1-800-841-2340. View our menus on our website!
Small Weddings, Receptions, and Showers
We shall be delighted to plan all of the details for your special event. Imagine your perfect day, surrounded by your loved ones. Accenting the beauty of your celebration is a backdrop of green gardens and the charming, historic inn. Invite your friends and family to afternoon high tea, or simply chat and laugh over catered hors d'oeuvres. This setting is perfect for intimate weddings, wedding receptions, bridal or baby showers, or any other memorable special event.
Find the following on our website:
- Private Party Dining
- Afternoon Tea Menu
- Special Event Lunch Menu
- Breakfast / Brunch Event
- Roving Receptions
- Terms of Agreement
Clarence abounds with Antique shops many within walking distance. New to the 'Hollow' is the Clarence General Store, The Perfect Setting, Bellus Art Gallery and The Hollow Bistro & Brew.
Visit old favorites like Adventures in Heat, The Podge (food and more from around the world), Dkd. Studio (exclusive jewelry designs), USA Bird Supply among many others.
The Town Park, just a few steps away, offers tennis, swimming and twilight outdoor concerts.
If you feel like venturing a bit further out, we are only minutes from Buffalo New York, including the Buffalo International Airport and Buffalo Amtrak Station. We are only 30 minutes away from Niagara Falls. So if your romantic weekend includes a visit to those historic falls, Asa Ransom and Clarence New York are perfectly located for a Niagara Falls visit.
If you need directions, please refer to our Clarence map on our website.
Clarence and Western New York Attractions
- Amherst Old Colony Museum — For current events visit their calendar — Amherst
- Bicycle Pedaling History Museum — Orchard Park
- Clarence Hollow Antique & Village Shops — Clarence www.Clarencehollow.org
- Kutter's Cheese Factory- Corfu
- Doors Open Niagara — tour many Western New York and Ontario historical landmarks that are normally not open to the public
- Downhill & Cross-country Skiing
- Herschell Carousel Museum — North Tonawanda
- Holland Land Office Museum — Batavia
- Lake Erie Winery Region
- Lancaster Opera House — Musicals, Plays, Dance Variety, Classical, Jazz & Family — Lancaster
- Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises — Lockport
- Niagara Wine Trail- 15 wineries between Niagara Falls and Lockport
- Salon in the Tower - Full service spa salon on Main Street, within walking distance
- Spa Hollow-full service spa within walking distance
- Six Flags Darien Lake Amusement Park — 15 minutes away in Darien Center
- Spruce Meadow Farm - Summer Camp, Riding lessons and Parties
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery — Buffalo
- Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra & Pops — Buffalo
- Burchfield-Penney Art Center - works of art, ceramics, glassware, jewelry, books, notecards, and more. — Buffalo State College, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
- Martin House by Frank Lloyd Wright — Buffalo
- Miss Buffalo Cruises — Buffalo
- Museum of European Art — 10545 Main St, Buffalo
- Shea's Performing Arts Center — Buffalo
- Theodore Roosevelt Historic Site — Buffalo
Asa Ransom House is 15 minutes from the Buffalo International Airport and the Amtrak Station.
Niagara Falls Attractions
Spectacular Niagara Falls is a short 28 miles away from Asa Ransom House and is a must-see for Buffalo-area visitors. Niagara Falls is made up of three waterfalls separated islands, each impressive in its own right. Horseshoe Falls, on the Canadian side, is the largest and most recognizable of the three. The American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls, the smallest of the three, stand on the near side of Goat Island.
You can explore Niagara Falls in a variety of ways. Maid of the Mist boat tours are one of the most popular ways to see the falls. The tour gives you a unique perspective of the power of water as the boat glides past the bottom of the falls. A bridge above the American Falls gives cars and pedestrians access to Goat Island and its several viewpoints, and the Rainbow Bridge spans the river just downstream of the falls. Walking paths and observation towers on both sides of the river offer scenic vistas. For a colorful Niagara experience, visit the falls at night, when the falling water is illuminated by multicolored lights.
The falls are not the only worthwhile attraction on the Niagara River. Here are other area attractions to round out your Niagara getaway.
- Artpark offers a range of summer events at its mainstage theater, theater terrace lounge, and outdoor ampitheater on the heights of the Niagara River Gorge. Check the schedule for Broadway musicals, celebrity performances, free concerts, and more.
- Old Fort Niagara, a New York State Park and National Historic Landmark, is one of the most popular attractions in the area. Learn how this historic fort at the entrance to the Niagara River shaped the future of the United States, Canada, and the Iroquois Six Nations people.
- Niagara Power Vista invites visitors of all ages to explore the world of hydroelectricity with interactive exhibits and spectacular Niagara River Gorge scenery.
- Niagara Wine Trail- 15 wineries located between Niagara Falls and Lockport. www.niagarawinetrain.org