Adobe and Stars Bed & Breakfast Inn
Table Of Contents
Come see our starry skies! Taos, New Mexico bed and breakfast with 360° mountain views, kiva fireplaces, Jacuzzis, hot tub and a full hot breakfast.
In March of 1996, Adobe and Stars Bed and Breakfast Inn of Taos opened its doors to guests seeking a Taos bed and breakfast with striking accommodations and a high level of hospitality in a majestic setting. It is ideally situated between historic Taos and the Taos Ski Valley, surrounded by the ancient Sangre de Christo Mountains. A vast mesa rolls westward to the horizon.
The sky is the daily bread of our eyes. - Emerson
Spacious and contemporary, this luxurious B&B inn was designed especially with the views in mind. Big windows, decks and patios invite star gazing, sunset viewing and the pleasure of contemplation in the hot tub under the stars. Many traditional Pueblo style features have been included in our lodging to create warmth and Southwestern ambiance. Such features include: high viga beamed ceilings, kiva fireplaces tucked in the corners of rooms, and outdoor portals to shade the strong Northern New Mexico sun.
"Food, hummingbirds, staff, views, ALL GREAT. We extended our stay, hate to leave." Les and Christine, from OR
"The Taos stars last night lived up to the legends. Beautiful and amazing." Michael, from CA
"Beautiful views, wonderful food, welcoming atmosphere. We love it." Carol and Eric, from VT
"Yum! Great breakfasts. Great views of Taos. We loved it. " Don and Betsy, from NY
"4 years in a row & still our favorite place in the world and our favorite Taos bed and breakfast. " Barry and Becky, from TX
"The inn keeper even took me for a walk and sneaked me a treat. This Taos bed and breakfast is truly "pet friendly." Topper the Terrier, from TX
Days begin with fresh brewed coffee and a full country breakfast. Homemade muffins and biscuits, fresh fruit and juice and a hot entree with Southwestern touches can be enjoyed on the patio in the summertime or by the cheery dining room fireplace during ski season.
You will love the breathtaking views from all our windows, just like this one in our common room. This is a wonderful gathering place in the afternoon where we provide an early evening snack and native New Mexico refreshments. You can also pick a book from our library and curl up on the couch near the crackling fire.
To best accommodate our guests, we proudly offer special amenities and services including:
High speed wireless access ~ Hot Tub under the twinkling stars
Kiva fireplaces in all rooms ~ Jacuzzi tubs in most rooms
Delicious homemade breakfast ~ Fluffy robes & hair dryers
Telephone in each room with free local calls ~ Fax and copier service
Handicapped accessibility ~ Individually controlled radiant heat floors
TV in living room ~ Coffee, tea, soda always available in dining room
In room TV upon request ~ Ceiling fans ~ Local trail maps and brochures
Reservations for restaurants and local activities ~ Pet friendly
Outdoor enthusiasts are sure to appreciate our location at the entrance to world famous Taos Ski Valley. The hiking, biking and horseback riding trails of the National Forest are right down the road. There are nearby streams to fish, the Rio Grande river to raft, and the golf course is but few miles away. Many fine restaurants are in the vicinity and we will be happy to help you with you reservations. The galleries, shops and museums of Taos are a short drive to town.
Pet Friendly Rooms Available!
Two rooms are available to our guests who wish to bring their pets along on their Taos adventure. Please call to discuss visiting with your pet and the pet policy. 1-800-211-7076.
Reviews & Recommendations
Lonely Planet Guide Book - "Amazing rooms with real fire places and private entrances, fabulous mountains, visible through huge windows and simply wonderful vibes: this could well be the best B&B in New Mexico. It definitely wins the coveted Best View from the Hot Tub award."
Denver Post - "The elegant Adobe and Stars Bed and Breakfast Inn - only minutes from the town of Taos and Taos Ski Valley is one of New Mexico's Newest and finest B&Bs… especially designed with huge expanses of windows that reveal spectacular sunsets and star-studded nights".
The Veg News - "After a small and serenely beautiful ceremony...we returned to the enchanting Adobe and Stars Bed and Breakfast Inn just minutes away. Located midway between the Taos Ski Valley and the town of Taos, this Vegan friendly inn boasts gorgeous views of the beautiful mountains and luxurious Southwestern decor."
Come Visit Us At Adobe and Stars Bed & Breakfast Inn
The eight large guest rooms can only be described as luxurious. Owner Judy Salathiel has selected outstanding examples of handcrafted Southwestern furniture and regional art. She sought quality and imaginative design and it shows. Each room has a kiva fireplace and a light-filled private bath with elegant terracotta tile and either jacuzzi tub or a double shower. All rooms offer the warmth of radiant heat floors and large windows to let in the matchless expanse of sky and landscape. Upstairs rooms have the feel of a bedroom in an elegant home. Courtyard rooms provide private entrances and convenience to parking.
Every guest room has a kiva fireplace, beamed ceiling, private bath with jacuzzi or double shower, telephone, ceiling fan, quality furnishings, and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and mesas. Baths feature elegant decorative tiles, plush towels and robes, and luxury toiletries. Room rates include a complete breakfast with a different entree each day and afternoon "Get Acquainted Hour". Most Rooms have wireless access.
Luxury accommodations in Harmony with the Natural Beauty of Taos, New Mexico
Weddings and Romantic Occasions
Our specialty is small intimate weddings.
We can help you with any detail. Taos offers
great caterers, beautiful flowers, a variety of musicians and unique ceremonies in a majestic mountain setting. These pictures give you some idea of the lifetime memories we can assist you in creating.
How To Find Us
Directions from Albuquerque Airport to Taos, New Mexico
Please Print & Bring With You!
Take airport exit to I-25. Proceed North on I-25 to Santa Fe. Santa Fe is approx. 60 miles north of Albuquerque (1hour). Take 2nd Santa Fe exit (St. Francis Drive) North to Taos. St. Francis is also 285/84 to Espanola. Stay in the Center lane. Through Espanola. It becomes Hwy 68 to Taos. Taos is approx 69 miles north of Santa Fe.
Go straight through Taos; curving left as you leave the north end of town. Approx 4 miles outside of town is the intersection of state Hwy 150, Hwy64 and Hwy 522 forming a major intersections.
Turn right on State Hwy 150, (Ski Valley Road) and drive 5.9 miles to Adobe and Stars, on the left side of the road. Be sure to curve left as you leave Arroyo Seco which is 5.8 miles from the intersection. We are on the left hand side of the road and our sign is a BIG SILVER STAR (with no words).
Please call 1-800-211-7076 0r local 776-2776 if you have any questions.
For Your GPS:
North 36 deg 31.884 minutes
West 105 deg 34.373 minutes
Fun Things To Do
- Rafting - Los Rios River Runners, Outdoor Recreation Specialists - New Mexico's oldest and most experienced rafting company! ***Rafting is AMAZING this year, thanks to great snow fall during ski season!
- Ballooning - see the bird's eye view of the Rio Grande Gorge from a hot air balloon! Take a flight with Pueblo Balloon Company.
- Horseback Riding - at Cienegilla Stables. Ride with Melissa year round. Wander through the Rio Grande gorge historic trails, see spectacular vistas, amazing wildlife and world class geological points of interest. Call (575)751-2815 for reservations and further information.
- Hot Tub Under The Stars- enjoy our new hot tub under the stars. Its the perfect end to a long day of skiing, hiking, cycling, or anything else that makes you dream of a massaging soak. The sunset and sunrise are incredible too!
- Bird watching enthusiasts will love to meet out Magpies, Western Bluebirds, Redwinged Blackbirds, and several types of Hummingbirds.
- New Mexico Wine Country - New Mexico is home to over 22 professional wineries and is the oldest wine producing region in the United States. Annual Taos Winter Wine Festival at The Taos Ski Valley.
- Wine seminars, two grand tastings, 50 winemakers, 10 winemakers dinners...$25 to $50 per person. You can get all the details, register and buy your tickets online or call 505-776-2291 Ext. 1427
- Visit some of Judy's Favorite wineries La Chiripada near the Rio Grande Gorge for wonderful wine with spectacular views, Black Mesa Winery on your way into town and Ponderosa Valley Vineyards and Winery along our favorite National and State Scenic Highway (4).
- Lama Trek - Wild Earth Llama Adventures offers guided pack-trips, gourmet lunch day hikes, and custom wilderness experiences into the Sangre de Cristo Mountains near Taos and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Our experienced guides and lovable llamas will help you to create the wilderness experience of a lifetime. For further information call 1-800-758-LAMA or e-mail LlamaTrek@aol.com.
- Our Favorite Restaurants - enhance your unforgettable Taos experience with fantastic food at some of our favorite restaurants.
- Sabroso Restaurant & Bar - American and Global cuisine. Our guests give them rave reviews.
- Stakeout Grill and Bar - experience blazing sunsets, 360° vistas, fantastic steak, seafood, and signature margaritas.
- Rock Climbing - Mountain Skills rock climbing school can guide you on a mountain peak adventure or teach you the skills and techniques of the vertical world! Guides and instructors are chosen for their enthusiasm and ability to teach with patience and effectiveness for climbers of any skill level, beginner to advanced. E-Mail or call (575)776-2222.
- Night Sky Adventures - On a clear cool night from a dark location, you can see 2000 stars. Let us show you the other 999,998,000. Geoff will be visiting Adobe and Stars as a guest performer several times a year. Please ask us about dates. Come explore the galaxy with us!
- Fishing - Los Rios Anglers, Inc. - finest tackle, equipment and clothing and we book quality guided fly fishing trips.
- Hiking - Kit Carson National Forest - has miles of hiking, biking and riding trails. You will enjoy some of the best sight seeing and historic sites that New Mexico has to offer. Pet friendly trails!
- Guided Tours and Storyteller - Extraordinary storyteller, Roberta Meyers spins enchanting stories with words, guitar, and Native American flute. Meyers' characters and stories include Native American Coyote Stories, Cowboy/Cowgirl Yarns, Everyday Kid Tales, Taos Painters, Georgia O'Keeffe, Sagajewea, Kit Carson, Mabel Dodge Luhan, Josefa Carson, Billy the Kid and many others. Performances include audience interaction with question/discussion periods. She is also available for private and group guided tours of Taos. Roberta is a featured surprise breakfast performer at Adobe & Stars. Roberta will be visiting Adobe and Stars as a guest performer on holiday weekends.
- View romantic sunsets over the Valdez Valley from our patio across our bridge surrounded by the scent of native wildflowers. Enjoy your glass of complimentary wine as evening colors paint the mountains chased by a starry sky. The bubbling Acequia Madre is the soundtrack for this enchanting scene.
- Cycling - One of owner, Judy Salathiel's favorite Taos activities. Enjoy both mountain biking and road cycling in Taos. Judy will be happy to tell you about her favorite rides. Bring your own bikes or rent from the local professional bike shop Gearing-Up by calling (575)751-0365.
- Massage by Taos Healing Arts - indulge and relax in the comfort of your room with a massage by Nationally Certified Massage Therapists. Specialties:
- Body Mind Therapy
- Swedish, Sports and Deep Tissue Massage
- Salt-glow Spa Treatment
- Herbal Facial Spa Treatments
- Hot Rock Massage
- Skiing - pound the powder in the Taos Ski Valley. World class skiing in a majestic setting.
- Snowmobiling - cruise through the beautiful forest around Hopewell Lake on a guided tour provided by Native Sons Adventures. For more information please call 1-800-753-7559.
- Golf at the Taos Country Club - hit that ball farther than you ever have before at an elevation of 6900ft. Full 18 hole golf course with rolling greens nestled in the high desert sage and with endless views of Sangre de Christo mountains most spectacular peaks.
- Hot Springs - Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs