Table Of Contents
So Near, Yet So Far is a perfect description of the Chocolate Turtle, a New Mexico Bed and Breakfast located in the picturesque Village of Corrales a historic farming community in the Rio Grande river valley of New Mexico. Relaxed and low-key, Corrales is a world apart - you'd never know that we are surrounded by two of New Mexico's largest cities: Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, and just a short drive to Santa Fe.
This inviting B&B is centrally located with easy access to the famous Sandia Peak Tramway, the Balloon Park, galleries, and convenient for day trips to explore cultural and historical sites as well as outdoor activities including hiking, golfing, biking, and bird watching. Moderate temperatures, 360 days of sunshine and the high desert climate distinguish Albuquerque, making outdoor recreation enjoyable year round.
Rooms & Amenities
Gracious hospitality and southwestern charm describes the experience awaiting you at the Chocolate Turtle. A classic adobe style home with four colorful, uniquely appointed guestrooms is just the beginning. Fresh flowers and delicious chocolate turtles await you in your room. And did we mention the scrumptious breakfasts served on the portal (weather permitting) or in the cheery breakfast room? With advance notice we can accommodate many special dietary needs.
Read, watch TV or gather in the Great Room to chat with your traveling companions or new-found friends. There you will also find a computer with high-speed Internet available for checking e-mails and printing boarding passes or if you bring your own computer there's wireless Internet connectivity available. In the cheery breakfast room, you will find an assortment of complimentary snacks, a refrigerator stocked with cold drinks, and an assortment of hot beverages 24/7. There's also a microwave for your use.
The portal and patio of this New Mexico B&B are surrounded by gardens filled with favorite plants of the region - chocolate flowers, penstemon, Artemisia, and a variety of salvias. The Sandia Mountains afford a beautiful and unique backdrop for weddings, outdoor receptions and other types of celebrations. Our meeting space provides a great way to retreat from the office hustle. This Albuquerque area Bed and Breakfast is a perfect choice for the business traveler offering late/flexible check-ins and early breakfasts, business services, and free high speed wireless internet.
Rates include a full breakfast, which in warm weather, is served on the portal where you will be entertained by the local wildlife/critters. Complimentary snacks and assorted beverages are available 24 hours a day. All of the guestrooms at our inn are smoke-free, uniquely appointed and include the following additional comforts:
In-room private baths
Wireless high-speed Internet available at no charge
Ceiling fans and air conditioning
Cozy, colorful bed linens
Iron/ironing board available
Comfortable reading chairs and lamps
CD players with selection of quiet music
- Rates are for single or double occupancy.
- A third person can be accommodated in the Sandia Room.
- There's an additional charge of $15 per night for individuals over 12.
- The State Sales Tax and Local Lodgers Tax which currently total 10.125% are additional.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests' pets.
- For the business traveler, we offer flexible check in and breakfast times to suit your schedule.
- Rates are subject to change and may vary for holidays, special events, such as the International Balloon Fiesta, and group bookings.
- Because of other guests' sensitivities and our dry desert location, the Chocolate Turtle is a non-smoking facility.
- Check-in/Check-out - Check in time is from 3-6 pm. Please contact us if late check-in arrangements are needed. Check-out time is 11 am.
- Payment - Payment can be made with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express); personal, business or traveler's check, or cash.
- Cancellations - Notice of cancellation must be received two days (48 hours) prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation fee equal to one night's room rate.
- Our cancellation policy may vary during Balloon Fiesta, other special events, holidays and for group bookings.