The Sea Gypsy Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
If you are looking for the excitement and adventure of the Wildwoods as well as serenity and a good night's sleep, come stay with us at The Sea Gypsy. Our fully restored circa 1900 Queen Anne Victorian home is located on a neighborhood street, just blocks away from the beach, boardwalk, and amusement parks. Interior and exterior detailing make this charming Bed and Breakfast a pure delight. Hardwood floors, antique furnishings, a turret and spacious verandahs conjure memories of a special time in history.
There are numerous delightful taverns and restaurants within walking distance and Cape May is just 10 miles away! Bring the entire family for seaside fun, adventure and comfort. For late fall or early spring beachcombers, we are open year-round.
- Full hot breakfast including fresh baked goods and fruit
- Old fashioned candy cupboard with candy, cookies, popcorn and other goodies
- Centrally located microwave and refrigerator
- Living room with TV and VCR and DVD
- Extensive video and DVD collection, books and games for quiet evening entertainment
- Complimentary wine and lemonade, when available
- Use of common facilities after checkout
- Daily chambermaid service
- Shuttle service to bus station
- Heated Jacuzzi on front verandah
- Bicycles for touring the Wildwoods
- All non-smoking rooms. Smoking is permitted outside on the verandah
- Central air conditioning
Directions to The Sea Gypsy
From New York: Take the Garden State Parkway South to exit 4B (Wildwood, Wildwood Crest. Follow Rt. 47 into Wildwood (Rio Grande Avenue).
From Philadelphia: Take the Ben Franklin Bridge or Walt Whitman Bridge to Rt. 42 to Rt. 55 South. Rt. 55 turns into Rt. 47 South. Continue on 47 until you are in Wildwood (Rio Grande Avenue).
From Rio Grande Avenue in Wildwood: Make a left from Rio Grande onto Atlantic Avenue. Approximately 2 miles, turn left onto Magnolia Avenue (St. Anne's Catholic Church is on the corner.) The Sea Gypsy is on the right at 209 East Magnolia Avenue.
When you arrive at The Sea Gypsy, park your car on the street or in the driveway. Use the outside stairs to go up to the second floor to check-in. Please ring the bell so that we know you have arrived.
Wildwood is located on Five-Mile Beach which is the southernmost barrier island on the Jersey Coast. The sandy beaches, salt marshes, and dense forests are a vital stop in the Atlantic Flyway. Our coast is a treasure for bird watchers and dolphin/whale spotters. Eco-tourism activities include:
- The Cape May County Park and Zoo
- The Wetlands Institute
- Cape May Bird Observatory
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary
- Whale and Dolphin watching cruises
- Guided Kayak tours