The 1910 House Bed & Breakfast
The Crystal Room
The Crystal Room is our largest guest room situated at the front of the house on the second floor. Its three windows flood the room with natural light which create a bright and cheerful atmosphere. Guests can relax in the comfort of the full-sized circa 1860 Renaissance Revival antique bed replete with luxurious linens and topped with a European Down Feather Bed.
They may also enjoy sitting with a good book in the pair of Ladies and Gents Rococo Revival Style chairs in front of the warmth of the lovely electric fireplace. The Crystal Room also features Eastlake furnishings including an antique rocking chair, marble top nightstand, mirrored dresser, and center table, all of which are circa 1850 to 1880.
The modern conveniences include cable TV and Wireless Internet. This room shares a lovely hall bath. The inspiration for this room came from the dangling crystal prisms of the Art Deco ceiling fixture; this theme is carried throughout the entire room with the addition of Early American Pressed Glass and Brilliant Period Crystal Pieces.
The Harrison Fisher Room
The Harrison Fisher Room is a double occupancy second floor guest room with courtyard views. It has a calm and tranquil atmosphere created by its peach, cream, and pale green color palette. Guests can relax in the comfort of the full-sized circa 1880 Renaissance Revival antique bed with its luxurious linens and European Down Feather Bed topper. This room features an antique-style secretary desk where guests may conduct business or enjoy the pleasure of reading one of the several circa 1910 novels housed within, illustrated by the room's namesake.
The Harrison Fisher Room also features a peach-hued Art Deco period ceiling fixture and circa 1880 Eastlake furnishings, including an antique dresser-washstand and marble top table. The guest/desk chair is from the Renaissance Revival period complementing the antique bed and desk.
The modern conveniences include cable TV and Wireless Internet. This room shares a lovely hall bath. The inspiration for this room came from the original early 1900's prints adorning the room. Harrison Fisher was an American Illustrator whose works graced the pages of many publications, such as The Saturday Evening Post, The Ladies Home Journal, and Cosmopolitan.
The St. Bernard Room
The St. Bernard Room is a cozy single occupancy second floor guest room with a side yard view featuring a magnificent Sugar Maple Tree where guest can enjoy its multi-seasonal colors. The inspiration for this room came from the antique art featuring the popular Victorian Era theme of children and St. Bernard dogs.
Guests can relax in the comfort of the twin-sized with its luxurious linens and European Down Feather Bed topper. This room features an antique Governor Winthrop slant-top desk/bureau, from the same period as the bed and also has an attractive blend of antique pieces in dark walnut and mahogany woods from the Eastlake and Renaissance Revival eras. Period lighting also graces the room. The ceiling fixture is from the Art Deco Era and the globe of the Gone with the Wind table lamp complements the Wedgwood blue tones found in the bedding.
The modern conveniences include cable TV and Wireless Internet. This room shares a lovely hall bath.
2014 Holiday and Special Events dates are: 1/1, 4/18-4/20, 7/4-7/5, 11/21-11/29, 12/19-12/31
2 Night Minimum stay for reservations beginning on 11/26-11/28, 12/23-12/26.
2015 Holiday and Special Events dates are: 1/1, 4/3-4/5, 7/3-7/4, 11/20-11/28, 12/18-12/31
2 Night Minimum stay for reservations beginning on 11/25-11/27, 12/23-12/31.
- Rates are subject to change without notice
- All rates are per night, single or double occupancy except for the St. Bernard Room, which is single occupancy only.
- 7% New Jersey Sales Tax and 5% New Jersey Occupancy Tax added to all lodging.
- (Reservation and Cancellation Policies may be modified without notice)
- Check-in time: 3 to 6 PM. Arrivals later than 6 PM will require advance notice. Check-out time: 11 AM.
- Reservations confirmed upon receipt of deposit. Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
- Checks are accepted and the reservation is confirmed upon clearance, however, a valid credit card is still needed to secure the balance of your reservation (see standard cancellation policy below).
- A deposit one night's stay is required to confirm your reservation for stays up to seven nights. For stays longer than one week, 15% of the total booking is required. Taxes are included in the deposit. This deposit is normally charged to your credit card at the time of making the reservation, but, reservations made 60 days or longer in advance will have the deposit charged at 60 days prior to the arrival date.
- Payment in full is due upon arrival. For stays exceeding 7 nights, payment is due weekly in advance for the upcoming week with the deposit being credited toward the last week.
- Cancellations made at least two weeks prior to the check-in time of your scheduled arrival date will have the deposit refunded less a $15 administration fee. Cancellations made less than two weeks but greater than 72 hours will have their deposit refunded less a $25 administration fee but only if the room can be re-booked. Cancellations less than 72 hours are as follows: a) Reservations of 2 days or less will have the balance of the reservation charged to the credit card on file (including taxes), b) Reservations greater than 2 days will have the balance of the first 2 days plus 50% of any days over the first 2 days charged to the credit card on file (including taxes).
- Smoking is not allowed indoors nor is cooking allowed in the guest rooms. If you choose to smoke indoors, your credit card on file will be charged a $300 cleaning fee. Check with the innkeeper for designated smoking areas.
- While the 1910 House Bed and Breakfast has resident pets, no Guest Pets are allowed.
- While well behaved children age 10 and over are welcome, only the Crystal and Harrison Fisher rooms have double occupancy and the child must be included in the double occupancy and share the bed.