The Ocean View Inn
Table Of Contents
The Ocean View Inn, a century old inn, will enchant you with an exotic Caribbean decor. Big city style abounds in the casual luxury of this Bed and Breakfast that features 15 stylishly decorated rooms and suites. Open year around, the Ocean View Inn is located one block from the Atlantic Ocean and walking distance to downtown Ocean Grove with its many unique shops and cafes, as well as Asbury Park with its art galleries, antique shops, boutiques and boardwalk. Attention to detail with a personal touch is our way of making The Ocean View your private beach house any time of the year!
All of our Deluxe Guests Rooms and Suites are decorated in the Ocean View's Caribbean theme and include private baths with toiletries, , heat and air conditioning, ceiling fans, cable TV, WiFi and maid service. Continental breakfast is served daily on The Ocean Plaza's second level wrap-around porch (our sister property located just across the street) during the warm weather months offering sweeping ocean views, and in the warmth of our parlor during the winter months.
Guests may take pleasure in unwinding on our wrap around porch while enjoying scenic ocean views, or relax in the casual elegance of our parlor. Located one block from the ocean in the historic Victorian town of Ocean Grove, the Ocean View Inn provides the perfect setting for family vacations, relaxing getaways, business travel, family or group get togethers and weddings. New Jersey Transit and bus transportation from the City are within walking distance. The Ocean View's peaceful surroundings will serve to calm your senses as the hectic pace of the real fades away. Pamper yourself and reserve at The Ocean View Inn...Your beach house anytime of the year!
Weddings often bring together families and long distance friends from far away.
With so many out of towners on the scene, it’s no longer just a wedding – it’s a weekend long extravaganza. Providing one location for all of your overnight guests affords everyone the opportunity to visit and enjoy time together in between events without the hassle and expense of having to be shuttled to and from different locations. Many activities can be scheduled around the big day such as a Welcome Cocktail Party, Rehearsal Dinner and/or Day After Brunch. In addition to the planned social events for the weekend, it is also nice to provide your guests with a list of “local” attractions they can visit on their own.
The Inns of Ocean Grove are located in one of New Jersey’s finest seaside resorts, Ocean Grove. Open year around and located one block from the beach, The Ocean Plaza and the Ocean View Inn provide the perfect setting for your “Beach House Weekend Wedding”. The Ocean Plaza blends the charm of the Victorian era with state-of-the-art amenities, while the Ocean View Inn’s interiors will enchant your guests with an exotic Caribbean décor. The Ocean Plaza’s second level wrap around porch boasts magnificent ocean views and is enclosed and heated during the cooler weather months. Seating up to 45 guests, it provides the ideal location to host your Rehearsal Dinner, Cocktail Party or Brunch.
With a history of over 25 years in the wedding business, our management team has a great deal of experience in organizing and catering wedding events. We can take the stress and worry out of the planning for you by customizing and making all the arrangements for your Beach House Weekend Wedding.
To customize your Weekend Wedding Package choose one or more of the following amenities:
- Beach Ceremony – Say “I Do” on a beautiful white sandy beach with sun and surf in the background. We will make all of the arrangements for you from location and set up to providing a wedding coordinator on site that day.
Overnight Accommodations –
- A block of rooms can be arranged for your overnight guests at a discounted rate;
- or you can rent the entire inn for the weekend and make it your own private “beach house”;
- Bradley Suite - Perfect for the Bridal Party and/or Wedding Couple... two levels with a spiral staircase, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 2 private decks with ocean views, living room, full kitchen and Jacuzzi
- Welcome Cocktail Party – Your guests will enjoy beverages and hor d’oeuvres on our 2nd level wrap around porch with the Atlantic Ocean as the backdrop.
- Rehearsal Dinner – All menus are customized, however, our “Barbecue Rehearsal Dinner” menu is a favorite!
- Bridal Spa Packages – Arrangements can be made for Bridal Day Spa treatments
- Day After Brunch – A custom Omelet Station, Challah French Toast, and homemade Fruit Salad are just some of the highlights of our Day After Brunch, which also boasts sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- List of Local Attractions – In Ocean Grove, everything is within walking distance! A list of “local attractions” will be provided for your guests to visit on their own
- Coming Soon…a 65 ft. private party yacht for charter!
Directions to The Inns of Ocean Grove
From the North:
- Take the Garden State Parkway S. to Exit 100B (Ocean Grove/Bradley Beach)
- *Take Rt. 33 East (Corlies Ave.) to its end (apx. 6 mi.)
- Turn left at light onto Rt. 71 (Main St.)
- Turn right at first light onto Main Ave., Ocean Grove
- Continue down Main Ave. for 9 blocks
- Turn left onto Central Ave. (Nagles on left corner)
- Continue 4 blocks and turn right onto Ocean Pathway
- The Ocean View Inn and The Ocean Plaza are one block down on right
From the South:
- Take the Garden State Parkway N. to Exit 100A (Ocean Grove/Bradley Beach)
- *Follow Directions above
Train: NJ Transit to Asbury Park Train Station - www.njtransit.com; 1-800-772-2222
Bus: Academy Bus Service - www.academybus.com; 1-201-420-7000 NJ Transit - www.njtransit.com; 1-800-772-2222
This year plan to visit beautiful, elegant Ocean Grove, where time has taken a vacation.
The wonder of our tree-lined thoroughfares, historic architecture & gracious townsfolk await you.
New Jersey's finest year-round family seashore resort, this one square mile of natural beauty has welcomed and delighted vacationers, including U.S. presidents, for over a century. On Ocean Grove's tree-lined streets is the largest assemblage of authentic Victorian architecture in the nation. In 1976, the town had the honor of being entered in the National Register of Historic Places and in 1977, the New Jersey State Register of Historic Places.
Days and nights at the Grove are filled with arts and craft shows, our annual Giant Flea Markets in June and September, and a host of other exciting events. A casual stroll along Main Avenue and the streets leading to the Great Auditorium offers the rich reminders of Victorian life, as gracious shopkeepers welcome browsers in the many gift and antique stores. There are special Theme Parades where history unfolds itself, and a host of year-round cultural events.
During the busy days, one can swim, sun, surf and sail. Attend a concert, go for a bike ride, take a stroll on the boardwalk, play a round of mini-golf. We are in close proximity to New Jersey's largest fishing marina. Golf is available year-round at many fine courses in the area. If horses are your thing, pleasure riding, as well as Monmouth Park Race Track, and the historic Freehold Race Track are a short drive away.
Excerpt from http://www.oceangrovechamber.org