Inn The Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Inn The Gardens Bed & Breakfast is a charming Country Inn, open year round, at the New Jersey shore. Enjoy a touch of country living while enchanted by the fresh ocean breeze in this scenic seashore haven.
Scenic, breezy porches, decks and balconies.Only 8-10 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk! Make "Inn The Gardens" your home away from home in America's greatest family resort - Ocean City, New Jersey! nn The Gardens Bed & Breakfast is only 8 miles from Atlantic City!
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."
Jennifer manages Inn The Gardens along with her husband Carlos. Their quest is to make it your seashore "home away from home" this year!
Inn The Gardens B & B is a part of the Ocean City Hospitality Association.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Jennifer and Carlos for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Travelers enjoy staying at Inn The Gardens because we are the only B & B located in the quiet residential section of town called "The Gardens". Everything is easily accessible, however set apart from the down town busyness. We also enjoy hospitality as many "Come as strangers and leave as friends".
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Inn The Gardens is known for the old fashioned charm and modern conveniences with breezy porches and balconies, hammock to bask in the sun, BBQ grill, outdoor shower, free WIFI and computer for guest use. Our reputation is also for the best coffee in town and a breakfast with a Colombian flair (Latin style eggs and lots of fresh fruit). Should you care to practice your Spanish, hostess Carlos & Jennifer will be glad to accommodate that, even as their bilingual dog will respond!
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Ocean City is not just a vacation, but a tradition! Many families have been making wonderful memories here for generations ! A clean and safe town with beautiful beaches, famous 2 1/2 mile boardwalk with; rides, shops, eateries and a music pier. A bay side full of adventure with; jet skiing, parasailing, fishing, pirate ship excursions, etc... As of 2013 a new bridge that you can walk, bike, or Segway or dock your boat while you fish on the pier.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
While the inn has received many comments regarding its cleanliness, scrumptious breakfast and affordability, I would have to say when a guest had mentioned that her stay "was like visiting your favorite aunt at the shore" was my favorite. Many will forget what was said or done, but not how you made them feel!
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
There are lots of beautiful areas to see and appreciate wildlife and nature on both ends of the island. The Cape May County Zoo is also a gem with beautiful animals and landscaping, and absolutely free!
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
The beach by day and boardwalk by night! Check out a concert at the music Pier, take a boat excursion in our bay and shop along the quaint shops on Asbury Avenue. Hiking or fishing in Corsons Inlet State Park on the South end and/or visiting the Historical Museum on the island. Rent a bike or bring your own as it is a fun way to get around town.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
The beach, boardwalk and bay are within walking distance as well as delicious eateries, deli, bike rentals and yacht club.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
For seafood, the Island Grill & Spadaforas are our favorite, for Italian Cousins and Voltacos.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Inn The Gardens has 7 guest rooms and 2 apartments.
Do you accept pets?
As a general rule, we do not accept pets, but have made exceptions on occasion for those staying in the ground floor apartments.
Included services and amenities:
- Complimentary beach tags provided by your hosts (Deposit required)
- Quiet surroundings. The only B&B in Ocean City's residential "Gardens" neighborhood
- Avoid downtown parking hassles
- Attractive and spacious guestrooms for couples and families
- Private baths, air condition, cable tvs,dvds
- Refrigerators in every room
- Computer available to check email
- Scenic, breezy porches and balconies
- Continental plus breakfast served from 8:00 to 10:00 AM with fresh fruits, yogurt, granola, muffins, bagels, scones, eggs, french toast, waffles, blueberry pancakes, bacon, cereals, coffee, juice etc.
- Outdoor enclosed hot/cold shower
- A family atmosphere
- Smoking prohibited indoors
- Afternoon beverages
- Reasonable rates
- English & Spanish spoken
- Free WiFi Internet Connectivity
- Laundry facilities available
Well-behaved children are welcome.
How to Find Us
From Philadelphia and Points West:
- Take Interstate 76 East to the Walt Whitman Bridge
- Enter New Jersey and take state route 42 following signs for the Atlantic City Expressway
- Take the expressway to exit 7S (south)
- This puts you on the Garden State Parkway southbound
From New York & Points North:
- Enter New Jersey and take the New Jersey Turnpike South to exit 11
- Then take the Garden State Parkway southbound
From the Garden State Parkway Heading South:
- Take exit 30
- Continue straight after exiting
- Obey local speed limits! Follow signs for Ocean City
- Proceed through Somers Point after light straight onto 9th street causeway
- Once in Ocean City, turn left on Wesley Avenue
- Go North 9 blocks until North Street
- Inn is located after North Street and before the light at Battersea on the left, #48
- Please note that Wesley Avenue becomes Wesley Road once you cross North Street
From Atlantic City:
- Take Atlantic Avenue southbound
- It becomes Ventnor Avenue
- Go through Ventnor, Margate, and Longport
- Cross over a small bridge, the road becomes Longport Blvd
- Proceed to the Ocean City-Longport toll bridge
- Take the toll bridge into Ocean City
- You'll be on Gardens Parkway
- In about ½ mile it merges with Wesley Road
- Pass the traffic light at Battersea Road and proceed to #48 Wesley Road on your right
From Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Points South:
- Interstate 95 North to 295 North, Delaware Memorial Bridge
- Once in New Jersey, take US-40 East to Mays Landing
- Take AC-559 to Somers Point Circl
- Bear right at the circle onto the 9th Street causeway
- Once in Ocean City, turn left at the first light onto Bay Avenue
- Proceed one mile and turn right onto Battersea Road
- Turn right at the first traffic light onto Wesley Road
- Proceed ½ block to #48 on the right