Wooden Duck Bed & Breakfast
Harlequin Deluxe Guest Room
A luxurious deluxe suite with a 2-person soaking tub and double-sided gas fireplace, Harlequin's private balcony is an ideal site for sipping an early morning cup of coffee while spotting wildlife such as deer, wild turkeys, woodpeckers, and more.
Golden-Eye Deluxe Guest Room
Located on the main level of the inn, Golden Eye is warmed by the sun from early morning until late afternoon. Guests are free to enjoy their private balcony, or soak in the 2-person soaking tub, mesmerized by the beautiful double-sided gas fireplace.
Bufflehead Semi-Deluxe Guest Room
Bufflehead is a very cozy room that is tucked away in the quietest corner of our inn. With its own private parking space and entry via the rear door, this is the perfect hideaway for soaking in the 2-person tub and enjoying the elegant electric fireplace.
Canvasback Semi-Deluxe Guest Room
A tastefully decorated room, Canvasback provides plenty of room to relax. Two queen beds, a separate seating area, a 2-person soaking tub, refrigerator, and a Majestic electric fireplace make this romantic room very desirable.
Mallard Premium Guest Room
Located upstairs in the front of the Main House, Mallard is a spacious room. The oversized bathroom has a tub with a shower, as well as a makeup table. An electric fireplace, western exposure, and high 4-poster bed add to this room's special attraction.
Ruddy Premium Guest Room
Ruddy is located upstairs in the Main House and overlooks the in-ground pool and back garden. The electric fireplace and ceiling fan contribute to this room's delightful appeal. An oversized bathroom with makeup table and tub/shower combination helps to provide all the comforts of home.
Scoter Guest Room
With a queen bed, a twin bed, and a pull-out sofa for one, Scoter is a unique room and the price is based upon occupancy. Guests have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy their stay. Located in the lower front corner of the inn, one can park around the back and access this room via the rear door.
Pintail Guest Room - Carriage House
Located in the upstairs left of the Carriage House, Pintail is a wonderful retreat. Guests enjoy climbing into the high, 4-poster bed or viewing the wildlife through the expansive picture window. The bathroom has a tub/shower combination.
Old Squaw Guest Room - Carriage House
Old Squaw, with a stall shower, is upstairs on the right side of the Carriage House. Guests can relax and unwind, watch TV, use their computer, or just sit and read. This room provides a wonderful refuge.
Wood Guest Room - Carriage House
Wood is ideally located on the ground level of the Carriage House. It has a seated shower with a grab rail--a plus for guests with limited mobility. Easily accessible, guests will find everything they need for a comfortable stay.
Guest Rooms & Policies
Ten spacious guest rooms offer modern amenities such as queen beds, sitting/work areas, air conditioning, and private baths. Each room is also equipped with a telephone, satellite TV with VCR, and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Our in-room availability of robes, hair dryers, toiletries, irons, and ironing boards will provide additional convenience. Seven of the guest rooms are located in the Estate House, and three are in the Horseless Carriage House, which is located just across the driveway. The two Premium rooms in the main house have electric fireplaces and ceiling fans. Each of the four Deluxe rooms has a two-person soaking tub as well as a fireplace and DVD player; two include a private balcony. Ample free parking surrounds the inn.
- Rates: Daily rates are $125 to $299, plus applicable taxes, and they are based upon double occupancy. A hearty country breakfast is served in the dining room and is included in the rate. Weekday single/corporate rates are available upon request. Additional charges apply for more than two guests in a room.
- Deposits: A non-refundable $25 per night per room deposit is necessary to confirm your reservation. If it cannot be charged to a valid credit card, then a cash or check payment will be necessary to hold the room. We will send a confirmation upon receipt of your deposit. The deposit will be credited to your last night’s stay. In no case will it be refunded. Additional requirements apply to special-event weekends or multi-room/multi-day reservations.
- The Wooden Duck's buildings are smoke-free; however, we do provide ash trays outside the entrances to allow for outdoor smoking. We do not accept children under the age of 12. We cannot accommodate pets of any kind; however several kennels, including the Newton Veterinary Hospital with its own B&B program for animals, and Northcliff Kennels are nearby.
- Payment: Payments made by cash, money order, or traveler’s checks are preferred. We also accept most major debit and credit cards.
- Cancellations: After applying the deposit, we will charge your credit card for the balance of one night if you cancel your reservation within seven (7) days of arrival. In the case of a no-show, we reserve the right to charge your credit card for the balance of the entire reservation. Additional restrictions apply to special-event weekends or multi-room/multi-day reservations.
- Check-in: 2pm to 8pm. Check-out: 11am. Other times possible by prior arrangement.
- Give the gift of hospitality with a Wooden Duck gift certificate! We take phone credit card orders and deliver the gift certificate by return mail.