The Mooring Bed and Breakfast
- Please be sure of your plans before reserving! As a small inn dealing almost exclusively with advance reservations, all date changes and cancellations affect us significantly. Consequently, we require a minimum of two weeks advance notice of any change to your reservation, including a change of dates, change in number of nights, or cancellation. Provided this notice is given, we will refund your deposit less a $20 processing fee per room.
- Without this notice deposits are not refunded. The only exception will occur if we are able to re-rent the room(s) to fill the entire original booking, at which time we will make the same refund as described above.
- We realize that life and the weather are unpredictable, but we can't assume responsibility for either! We ask that you carefully consider our cancellation policy before making a reservation with us.
- Please note that we do have minimum stay requirements â€¦ three nights for summer weekends and some holidays, two nights the remainder.
- Reservations for a single night can sometimes be accommodated. Please call us for any one-night availabilities, as one-night stays can not be reserved on-line. Note also that we rarely have any openings for a single night stay on a Saturday!
- For bookings of two or more nights, a 50% deposit is required before your reservation will be confirmed.
- VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
- Please note that your balance is due when you check in with us, not when you depart.
- Check-in time is between 2pm and 8pm. Later arrivals can only be arranged with prior notice.
- Check-out time is 11am.
- We are sorry that we are not able to accommodate early check-ins or late check-outs, and be aware that we have no public restroom.
- If you arrive early, please visit the Cape May Welcome Center on Lafayette Street where you will find clean restrooms and knowledgeable staff to assist you with maps and information.
- We regret that we cannot accommodate pets, and children under 10 years are generally happier elsewhere.
All of our rooms and suites have private bath, air-conditioning, and complimentary WiFi. We have some rooms with ocean view and two with private porch. Our suites and premium rooms have flat-screen cable TV; each also has an assigned, on-site parking space. Our standard rooms do not have television or on-site parking. Free street parking is available just out front on Stockton Avenue.
Rates are for single or double occupancy; in the two rooms which can accommodate three, there is an extra charge of $35/night for the third person. Taxes are additional. During the spring and fall we offer discounts for weekday stays of two or more nights; sometimes last-minute specials are available for weekend stays during these quieter times, too. Please see our website for seasonal discounts, or just phone us and ask about the dates you have in mind!
Premium Rooms & Suites
Spacious 1st floor room with 12-foot ceilings boasting original crown moldings and ornate ceiling medallion. The color palette is royal blue and gold. This room has a queen-size and a twin bed, private bath with shower only, separate in-room sink with black granite top and gorgeous cabinetry, a sunny bay window sitting area, and an assigned parking space. Perfect for those who want to avoid stairs, or two friends preferring separate beds. $215/night. Room 1 can also accommodate a third person; the extra charge is $35/night.
Bold and breathtaking 1st floor suite with king-size bed, sun-drenched sitting area with comfy red leather club chairs, and two TVs (one with DVD player). The second room of the suite features a wet bar, table for two, small refrigerator and microwave. The color palette is Pompeiian red, butter yellow, and forest green. The private bath has a clawfoot tub with shower. The suite has an assigned parking space. Ideal for those preferring a self-contained retreat! $260/night
Large 2nd floor room decorated in warm gold and brown, with a little bit more masculine appeal. This room has a king-size bed, TV, and lovely Art Deco vanity. The private bath has a modern tub with shower. This room has an assigned parking space. A favorite of those who prefer a less Victorian style of decoration. $230/night
Our largest room, with bedroom, parlor, and porch! This suite is on the 2nd floor and its color palette is deep gold and plum. The bedroom features a lavishly carved king-size bed and ornate sink with black granite top and custom cabinet. The private bath has a second sink and a corner shower. The parlor is furnished with a chocolate suede loveseat, antique writing desk, and TV with DVD player. Pass through 10-foot tall French doors to the porch, which extends the full width of the inn. This porch is only accessible from Room 8 and Room 10, and there are two rocking chairs with tables on each side of the porch. To protect the privacy and ensure the comfort of the guests in these two rooms, we kindly request that you do not bring family or friends up to "share" your porch! This suite has an assigned parking space. Ideal for a honeymoon, birthday or anniversary celebration, or for anyone ready to splurge on a special getaway! $285/night
Without a doubt our most popular room! This is a large 2nd floor room with an ocean view from the porch. This room has a queen-size bed, TV, two wingback chairs flanking a decorative fireplace, and a private bath with corner shower. The color palette is Chinese red with gold and black accents, and a bit of an Asian flavor. Pass through 10-foot tall French doors to the porch, which extends the full width of the inn. This porch is only accessible from Room 8 and Room 10, and there are two rocking chairs with tables on each side of the porch. To protect the privacy and ensure the comfort of the guests in these two rooms, we kindly request that you do not bring family or friends up to "share" your porch! Room 10 has an assigned parking space. Book early, as this room quickly sells out! $240/night
Mystical, magical 3rd floor room with queen-size bed, TV, and a bit of an ocean view. The color palette is shimmering violet and soft sage green. Relax on the window seat with a good book and luxuriate in the afternoon sun! This room has a large private bath with shower. Room 12 also has an assigned parking space. $200/night
This large, bright 3rd floor room has an ocean view and is decorated in soft French blue and shades of taupe. There is a king-size bed and TV. The private bath was custom-designed by Vince, and features an oversize, tiled shower with glass wall and door; the hammered nickel sink and angled rose granite countertop are cleverly recessed into the dormer. Room 16 has a bit of a Parisian flair and is quickly becoming a guest favorite. This room has an assigned parking space. $235/night
This beautiful 3rd floor room has an ocean view from both the bedroom and the large private bath. Its color palette is deep plum and gold. There are two beds, a queen-size and a twin... perfect for friends traveling together. This room also has a TV. The oversize bath features a gilded clawfoot tub with shower and a large vanity with plenty of space for toiletries. Cat lovers especially appreciate the framed photographs of "I Gatti di Roma" (the cats of Rome), a souvenir of one of Leslie's trips! This room has an assigned parking space. It's a ladies' favorite, and can also accommodate a third guest (with an extra charge of $35/night). $220/night
The standard rooms are smaller than the suites and premium rooms. They do not have TVs and
do not have assigned parking spaces. Free street parking on Stockton Avenue, just out front, is available.
A lovely, lacy 2nd floor room with four-poster queen-size bed, this is our most feminine room. It is decorated in the palest pink with spring green accents, and has a nearly floor-to-ceiling window letting in lots of light. The petite private bath with shower features tumbled Italian tile. $185/night
This is a quiet, 3rd floor room with queen-size bed and private bath with shower. The wallcovering is an ivory and gold willow pattern, with a William Morris-inspired border of exuberant flora and fauna. $185/night