You enter through the living room of this Fireplace Suite, which is furnished with a pullout couch, wing chairs, coffee table and a beautiful antique desk. The living room is a great place to curl up and read a book in front of the gas fire and watch the snow fall outside. The bedroom features a king brass bed set against a rustic wall of barn boards, and décor of soft blues, greens and yellows.
Room 11 has hand-stenciled walls in a cheery Colonial pattern, exposed beams, and a collection of antique prints given to the Huebers by Phil's dad. The wing chairs, in sage green plaid, have a lap sized quilt made by Judy in complementary colors just for this room. Settle down on one of the rooms' two double beds, or at the enormous partner's desk to plan your day in the countryside.
Room 12 has French doors opening onto a deck, a perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner in the warm months. In winter, you can lie in bed and look at the winter wonderland outside the windows. Striking terra cotta wallpaper and two plush club chairs round out the decor of this comfortable guest room for all seasons.
Tucked in the back of the inn, with a lovely view of the back yard through floor to ceiling windows, Room 13 has two double beds and a couch, perfect to stretch out on for an afternoon nap. The walls are stenciled with trellised morning glories, in blue and pink, and the ceiling has exposed beams, giving the room a feel of rustic elegance.
Picture yourself snuggled in the King size Mission style bed with a fire in the fireplace and no place to go, no deadlines, and time to move at your own pace. This room has a serene ambiance with teal and mauve wallpaper and views of the meadow from its oversized windows. Two velvet wing chairs face the fireplace, just the spot for enjoying a cup of coffee and a chance to catch up with each other.
This cozy Fireplace Suite is tucked under the eaves with sloped ceilings, exposed beams and one wall made of lovely, antique barn boards. The king size bed with padded brocade headboard is the perfect place for enjoying the book you haven't had time to finish with life's constant interruptions. The living room has a pull out couch, wonderful built in bookcases, and an old wooden trunk cocktail table in front of the fireplace with gas stove. Escape the world here, in a hidden corner where no one can find you.
The cathedral ceiling frames the heavy carved mahogany four-poster bed in the center of this sunny second floor room. The handsome Empire table is a perfect place to plug in and log on to check your e-mail, or surf the web. Or you can finally stop "doing" and lounge in one of the comfortable chairs in front of the TV.
Walking into this room on a sleepy summer evening is quite a treat! The French doors open out onto a deck where you can look down onto the courtyard framed by beautifully landscaping and defined by walkways and plantings of the Johanna Wetherby building. Sit outside and watch the light fade in perfect privacy before you go down to dinner in our candlelit dining room. The loft, left from the days when this building was a barn, seems to float in the room, creating an intimate feel in the cathedral ceiling room. The king sized four-poster with handmade quilt waits for your sleepy head.
Who would expect celadon and purple wallpaper to look so pretty? Tucked away in the back on the second floor, the view of the backyard and the fireplace from the luxurious cherry bed make this a special place indeed. The fireplace is framed by barn boards with a brick hearth and two wing chairs placed just so to allow a cozy chat.
What an oasis! The first thing you see is the elegant bathroom with a skylight and deep two person Jacuzzi tub. Soak your cares away and then cuddle in the cherry pencil post bed in front of the fireplace. When you awake, have breakfast delivered to your room and listen to the birds sing as you dig into your omelet out on the deck basking in the morning sunshine.
The serenity of this space enfolds you as soon as you enter. The quiet gold and rust decor with comfortable chairs in front of the fireplace invites you to sit awhile and let the cares of daily life drift away. Reconnect with that special someone in the Jacuzzi tub, soothe your mind and body with a good night's sleep in the massive four poster bed, and wake refreshed when the sun peeks through the French doors to the deck.
The Johanna Wetherby Building is perched on the side of a hill with nice views from the terrace of the pond on one side. If you sit on the window seat you look down onto the poplar grove, leafy green in summer and quiet grey in the winter. The dÃ©cor is sunny yellow and blue with an unusual slate fireplace. Get a feel for Colonial times when you use the stepping stool to climb into the high four-poster bed.
Step off the wrap-around porch of the Johanna Wetherby Building and into the soft blues and sage of this snug hideaway. Judy's enamel pitcher collection sits high on the top of the armoire for everyone to see. Enjoy the views from the private brick terrace, surrounded by gardens in warm months, or from the window seat near the fireplace in the colder months. This is a place for quiet contemplation, a chance to be with your loved one away from the world.
This room is a warm blend of Victorian and Colonial, with details like the rose glass collection on the mantel and the antique butter churn near the fireplace. From the welcoming pine bed, you can wander over to the window seat and look out at the meadow, or open the French doors that lead you onto the private terrace. The view of the serene winter meadow and the warm fire in the fireplace makes this a cozy respite from the world.
This is Judy's favorite room! The bright greens, blues, and pinks of the wallpaper strike a cheerful welcoming note as you enter. The four-poster bed with handmade quilt is situated so that you can see the fireplace and the terrace gardens with your head still on the downy pillows. Venture out onto the brick terrace and lounge at the cafe table in the morning over coffee and mocha chocolate chip muffins.
Guest Information & Policies
The Inn's setting takes full advantage of the beautiful natural surroundings of the Connecticut River Valley. Our guest rooms are nestled in the original inn and the adjacent Johanna Wetherby Building. Judy and Phil built the Wetherby Building in 1992, naming it for the property's first owner from the late 1700's.
In these busy times, when the lines of work and leisure are blurred, you can still remain as connected as ever with friends and business associates during your stay at the Chesterfield Inn. We have all of the modern conveniences that you're used to, and you can choose to use them or not (it's nice to "unplug" every now and then!)
Our guest rooms have:
- Free wireless service
- Good cellphone signal
- Land line telephone
- Flat screen TV's
- Mini fridge
- Air conditioning
- Wake up calls
- Iron and ironing board
- Private bath
- Radio/CD player
- Gas fireplaces in 10 guest rooms
- Ability to print e-mailed documents at the front desk
- All rates are per room, double occupancy
- There is a $20 charge for each additional person in a guest room
- We do not take deposits but we do ask for a credit card to guarantee the reservation
- All rates are subject to 8% New Hampshire Room and Meals tax
- Gratuities for the housekeepers and breakfast servers are left to each guest's discretion
- All major credit cards are accepted
Check In/Check Out:
- Check in is after 2:00 PM and Check out is by 11:00 AM.
- We will honor a late check out if possible and at your request
- If you will be arriving after 10:00 PM please let us know and we will make arrangements for late arrival
- We have a two night minimum stay on holiday weekends, and during foliage season
- Rates are also $25 higher during these times
- In the event of cancellation no charge will be made if cancellation is more than 5 days prior to arrival
- If cancellation is less than 5 days prior to arrival, there will be no charge if we are able to rebook the room
- If we are unable to rebook the room, your credit card will be charged for the number of reserved days that we were unable to rebook
- Full country breakfast cooked to order is included
- Breakfast is served from 7:30 until 9:00 on weekdays, and 8:00 until 9:30 on weekends and holidays. Afternoon tea & cookies is also included
- Room service is available for both breakfast and dinner during meal service hours
- Dinner is served from 5:30 until 9:00 Monday through Saturday nights
- Reservations are suggested
- The dining room setting is elegant with fresh flowers and candlelight
- We do not have a dress code
- Room service is available for both breakfast and dinner during meal service hours
- Smoking is not permitted in the inn
- A $200 cleaning fee will be charged if you choose to smoke in your room
- Children of all ages are welcome
- We can supply a cot or crib if needed with a $20 charge
- Rooms accommodate a maximum or two adults and two children
- We welcome well-behaved pets but ask you to reserve a room in the exterior buildings if you are traveling with your pet
- Dogs must be crated if left alone in the room and you are responsible for any damages