Table Of Contents
A true New England Bed & Breakfast, The Maples at Warner is located in the quaint village of Warner, NH, a short walk from restaurants, museums, shopping, and all the charms a small village has to offer. The home is surrounded by tall maple trees and a stream that meanders around the property. The splendor of Mt. Kearsarge is only a 4.5 mile drive to the summit.
For our bed and breakfast guests, we serve a bountiful breakfast featuring an entrée plus homemade muffins, breads, pastries, granola, fresh fruit, gourmet coffee and tea each morning.
The Maples at Warner is a small intimate Inn offering five tastefully appointed guest rooms most with king or queen feather beds, fine linens, plump duvets and lush robes. The Inn is available as a large private guest house or by the individual room on a bed & breakfast basis, daily, weekly, or monthly. For a limited time only, take $20 off any room per night - just mention you found us on BBOnline!
History of the Inn
The Maples at Warner is a beautifully restored 1835 Federal Colonial, located along the Willow Brook, the site of many early businesses in Warner. During the time period between 1858 and 1893, the home was a lodging house originally known as "The Maples." It is rumored that the spirit of Frank Watson, one of the original owners, still walks the hall to care for his daughter-in-law.
Its popularity as one of Warner's lodging facilities grew as Warner became one of New Hampshire's premier ski resort areas. Warner was a popular destination for the famous ski trains which ran from Boston during the time period between 1917 and 1944. In addition to lodging, the Inn offered homemade dinners on Sunday to ski travelers and during this era, became known as “The Old New England Dining Room".
After extensive renovations, The Maples at Warner returns as a fine lodging establishment providing guests a true New England bed & breakfast experience!
- Warm and luxurious feather beds
- Down comforters
- Individual climate control and A/C in summer
- Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Tastefully appointed rooms with king or queen beds, private baths and fine linens greet you during your stay
- Elegant Egyptian cotton towels and sheets
- Luxury bath amenities
- Down comforters
- Lush bathrobes in each room
Because our inn is small and cozy and one of our top priorities is a great night’s sleep, telephones and televisions are available only in the parlor and first floor hall.
While you relax as our guest, there are many pleasant diversions just minutes away. You can choose from local museums, galleries and concerts. Or, as an alternative, you can enjoy shopping at one of the many specialty stores in town. For the more active guest, Warner has nearby boating, fishing, skiing and golfing and summertime swimming in the gentle river.
The Inn is ideally located to both Sunapee and Pat’s Peak for ski enthusiasts and Concord, NH’s many attractions including the Christa McAuliffe Planetarium, The Museum of Natural History, the State House, and the Capitol Center for the Arts.
From your base at The Maples, explore the historical, cultural, and recreational opportunities that surround historic Warner in the heart of the Dartmouth-Sunapee region. Visitors are always amazed at the variety of options to explore
Things to do:
- Rollins State Park
- Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum, Education and Cultural Center
- New Hampshire Telephone Museum
- Warner's Firefighter's Museum
- Upton Changler Museum and Warner Historical Society
- Main Street Bookends of Warner
- Historic Warner Village
- Yankee Farmer's Market
- The New London Barn Playhouse
- The Capitol Center for the Arts
- Canterbury Shaker Village
- The Fells John Hay National Wildlife Refuge
- Sunapee Cruises
- Kayak Country Paddlesports
- Skiing and snowboarding
- Antique shops
For a more expansive list and description of all of the wonderful activities that Warner has to offer, please visit our website.
From the South:
- Take Route 93 North into Concord, NH
- In Concord, take Route 89 North, going north
- Take Exit 8. At end of exit ramp, bear left to end of road
- Bear right onto Route 103
- The Maples is 8/10th of a mile on your right
From the North:
- Take Route 89 South to Exit 9
- At end exit ramp, turn left heading towards downtown Warner
- The Maples is just past the center of town, on the left after you pass the Post Office