Under the Elm Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The Under the Elm Bed and Breakfast is an historic bed and breakfast on a quiet, private setting of 40 acres with pastoral views. One of the few surviving Elm Trees in New Hampshire stands on the west of the Inn, 80 feet tall and dwarfing the Inn as it has over the past 100 years, a reminder of days of old.
Anyone who has stayed at the Inn compliments the full breakfast that includes home baked muffins or bread and fresh fruit. The "Under the Elm" breakfast is served any time between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. on the screened porch or in the dining room with a fireplace, early paneling and wide pine board floor. If you need to make an early start, a continental breakfast is available anytime.
All uniquely and tastefully decorated guests rooms has A/C, cable TV, DVD or VCR (large assortment of DVDs and VCR tapes available at no charge) as well as books and magazines.
Sit on the deck or by the beaver pond, relax and enjoy the tranquiliity or travel short distances to recreation NH sites. Swimming, hiking, fishing, boating, NASCAR, and more.
From the screened porch it is common to see deer grazing in the lower pasture. During season, you may want to pick your own blueberries, raspberries, Concord grapes or apples.Wireless access available throughout our B&B. You are truly a guest at this historic landmark.
Baths are available as private or shared. Please specify when making your reservation. We have a downstairs bath which has a tiled bath with shower (no tub).
Also an upstairs bath with large tiled bath with an over-sized shower, and whirlpool tub.
This large room was the original house in 1781. The fireplace is surrounded by early paneling. The floors are wide pine and the dining table is Shaker style. This is where most people take their breakfast,chat and make new friends.
Three Season Porch
The porch is a guest favorite. Views of the seasonal changes and the back pasture where it is common to see the deer graze. Screened during mild weather and glassed when the weather changes. Many read here and some take their breakfast.
This room is where our guests relax and discuss the events of the day. Games and cards are available as well as books to serve many interests. TV, DVD and VCR with many DVD and VCR movies are also available.
"I have to say that you have greatly exceeded our expectations. All of your generouus "extras" made this stay that much more enjoyable. You have a beautiful home & property & your cooking is fanstatic! Thanks so much." - John and Erica MacDonald, Upper Golden Grove, NB
"Thank you so much, we loved it." - Dawn and Gary Martin, Stonington, CT
"Can't wait to return to the wonderful ambiance." - Liz Tracy, South Windsor, CT
Seasonal Activities Nearby
- 1 mile walk to Bow Lake Beach and boat launch
- 5 minutes to the many antique shops of Northwood (Antique Alley)
- 5 minutes from the Northwood Meadows State Park
- 10 minutes to hiking up Parker, Blue Job or Saddleback Mountain
- 10 minutes to Nippo Lake Golf Course
- 20 minutes to the campus of UNH
- 30 minutes to NH International Speedway in Loudon or Lee Speedway in Lee
- 30 minutes to the picturesque, port city of Portsmouth , Shaker Village, Krista McAuliffe Planetarium, Odiorne Point, and outlet shopping
- 30 minutes to water Amusement Park
- 40 minutes to the beaches of the NH seacoast
- 45 minutes to Water Amusement Park
- 50 minutes to Gunstock Recreation Area
- Local 5k/15k Bow Lake Dam Race In June. Runners pass our B&B