Follansbee Inn on Kezar Lake
Rylee Rose Suite
Family Suite - RubyGail/Alma
Our 3rd floor Family Suite is RubyGail/Alma, which sleeps up to four. RubyGail has a queen-size bed, whereas Alma has two twin beds. A private door separates the two areas, which share an A/C and bathroom with a clawfoot tub/shower.
Talbot is a third floor corner room with three windows. It has a king-size bed with a luxurious mattress topper as well as a daybed and is decorated in many lovely shades of green. It also includes private A/C and the largest bathroom in Follansbee.
Jean has an antique arts and crafts queen-size bed. It is a 2nd floor corner room on the lakeside with four windows. The bathroom has a bathtub/shower.
Deborah Ann is a 2nd floor room with two twin beds. It is brightly decorated with flowers, birds and butterflies for a pastoral feel. The small bathroom has a shower. It is an ideal second room for those families with older children.
Jennifer's soft shades of blue, green and winter whites highlight the relaxed, contemplative feel. Located on the lake side of the 2nd floor, this Suite has a daybed/sitting area for lounging and reading. Includes a private A/C and bathroom with a tub/shower.
Inspiration for our Nancy room came from the world's wine countries. Crisp linen whites, chardonnay greens and cabernet reds with arts and craftsman decor are accented by sky blue and earthy taupes. It is a 2nd floor corner room with 3 windows. The small bathroom has a shower.
Alexander is decorated with a cape cod beach theme and includes two twin beds. It is a corner room with 3 windows located on the second floor. The small bathroom includes a shower.
Cabin by the Lake
Enjoy the simple life and take it easy on your vacation by staying in the Cabin by the Lake. Located on an elevated portion of the inn property, you will enjoy privacy, a pretty view and a cozy atmosphere, with just a walk down the property to reach the lake. The cabin has a small living area with cable television, two bedrooms (one with 2 twin beds, the other with a queen bed), a bathroom with a tub/shower, and a small, galley kitchen. The Inn's WiFi can also be accessed in the cabin. Outside, the cabin also has a picnic table and a gas grill. Use of our lakefront, kayaks, canoes, bicycles & snowshoes is also included. See our Lakefront Page. You can walk around the lake, enjoy kayaking or canoeing, take hikes, fish or ski or snowshoe in the winter. There are also many historic sites, cultural and fun activities in the area. So stay where couples, honeymooners and families have stayed since the 1920's--and you too will understand why people have come back for years to enjoy their vacation or getaway at our cabin by the lake.
The cabin is perfect for two people or a couple with one or two children. If you rent this and you are four adults, you need to really like each other and be able to share! The kitchen has a small gas range, microwave, refrigerator and sink. It is stocked with dishes, cutlery and basic pots/pans. It is not designed for those who wish to cook large, gourmet meals indoors. There are many restaurants in the area if you wish to not cook at all. See our Dining/Fun Page. There is an indoor dining table by the front window which can be pulled away to seat four. There is also a round table and four chairs for the front porch. The cabin does not have a dishwasher or laundry facilities (there is a laundromat conveniently located about 10 minutes away). The Cabin by the Lake will be enjoyed by people who wish a natural, outdoor experience and basic, simple and private cabin life.
- The Cabin by the Lake is available for four night minimum stays in June/July; seven night minimum stays (Sat. to Sat. only) August-October; two night minimum stays any other time
- Cabin stay does not include daily housekeeping or breakfast
- We supply sheets,bedding,bathroom towels, & cleaning supplies
- $200/night or $994/week (Sat. to Sat.) [taxes not included]; Check-in time is 3:00 p.m.-Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- 4 person maximum
- 4 night minimum June/July
- 7 night minimum Aug-Oct (Sat. to Sat. only)
- 2 night minimum all other times
- Sorry, there can be no early check in at the cabin (we want to make sure it is spotlessly cleaned for you!)
Rooms & Amenities
Each of our 17 guest rooms have been decorated to reflect an individual lakehouse decorating style. Your room is named after one of the ancestors of the town, maybe Abigail or Ichabod or Hannah. Each is comfortably accommodated with king, queen, full or twin-sized beds, covered with quilts and comfy pillows. Several have special lake views. We also have several very special suites.
A note: Our inn is simple, unpretentious and reflects its historic past. We think you will enjoy our inn if your idea of quality time is hiking, biking, boating, swimming or snowshoeing. If you prefer wildlife to window shopping, sand to cement, open windows to sealed environments, casual to ornate, then you should feel right at home!
- A night's lodging
- Ski & Stay Packages are available--go to our Winter or Specials Page for rates
- Rates range from $137 to $198 per night
- Nightly rates are for double occupancy
- There is an 9% state tax added for lodging, meals and beverages
- A full breakfast, served family-style in our dining room overlooking the lake
- Relaxation in the sitting rooms and wrap-around front porch
- Use of our lake front and boats, including rowboat, canoe, kayaks, and paddleboat
- We have windsurfers for experienced boarders
- Bicycles are available for use on the lakeside road, including a tandem (bicycle built for two)
- Our Suites and King rooms have their own A/C
- Weather permitting, the lake is available for skating, snowshoeing or cross country skiing in the winter
- Snowshoes are available for our winter guests
- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m, but we can make other arrangements if you let us know when you make your reservation
- Check-out time is by 11:00 a.m.
- We are open year round
- There is a two night minimum on weekends between June 15th and Oct. 20th
- There is a three night minimum for lakeside rooms and suites on Columbus Day weekend
- Due to our environmentally friendly nature, we are a non-smoking inn
- For your rest & relaxation, our inn is "unplugged"--there is no television, and we ask that you use your computer in your room
- Our inn is wireless, if you have your own compatible laptop
- We can recommend a nearby kennel for your pet
- Children over 10 years old will enjoy our inn
Cancellation Payment Policy
- We take only firm reservations guaranteed by Visa, Master Card or personal check
- Rooms cancelled within 14 days of the stay date may be subject to charge