Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast with Stables
Horsemanship Workshop & GetawayAvailable dates:Price from: $845
Learn the fundamentals of horsemanship for 3-4 days in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It will be a fun-filled time designed for couples, families or singles who want to get away and reconnect by doing something together.It is geared towards the beginner/intermediate rider. There is a weight limit of 210 pounds and the person must be physically fit and able to mount on their own horse without assistance. They must be 12 years old or older for the workshop, but we also have 1 hour lessons for ages 7 and up. See our website for more information.
- Check in to the inn on Thursday evening for orientation
- Friday class starts at 8:30am after breakfast
- Break for lunch on your own 12:30-1:30pm
- Back to class until 3pm
- Includes 1 lesson and one trail ride and ground communication and handling
- View day schedules on our website
- Prices for 4 nights checking in Thursday and 4 days of instruction leaving Monday: For 1 person, 1 room: $845
- 2 people per room: $1425 (including tax), breakfast, and all instruction
- 3 nights and 3 days instruction also available(Call for pricing)
- Two room suites for 3-4 people available
- Alpine Moose Cottage also available(Sleeps 8 people)
- 3-4 nights lodging (including tax), breakfast each morning, and lessons including horse care, grooming, ground communication, lessons in the ring, trails and more!
Horsemanship Workshop Schedule
Rates and Rooms
Honeymoon or Elopement Package with a Gourmet DinnerPrice from: $710.00
- 3 night stay at the inn (2 nights are also available)
- Deluxe king or queen room with two-person jacuzzi whirlpool tub and fireplace
- Mountain views
- Full patio /fireside breakfast each morning
- Gourmet dinner for two
- Complimentary bottle of champagne
- Flowers or roses in your room or a bouquet to hold for elopment ceremony
- Box of chocolates or small wedding cake
- $710 includes tax
Get married in the gardens or any one of the great places on this 70 acre estate. Or why not get married on a sleigh ride for two or use the carriage as part of the ceremony or just for the two of you later when you have a chance to relax. Add on a romantic dinner for two at one of the innkeeper's preferred restaurants.
Call for fall foliage and holiday prices, and overall pricing. Prices are a bit higher.
Deluxe Romance & Relax Package: Gourmet Dinner & A Horse RidePrice from: $585.00
- Two or 3 night stay package with a Gourmet Dinner & Sleigh or Carriage Ride (or substitute 2 horseback rides)
- Holiday weeks & Holiday Weekends or Fall Foliage slightly higher price Includes
- Two or 3 night stay for two people in a super deluxe room with two-person Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs with fireplace
- King or queen bed with mountain views includes a full patio/fireplace breakfast each morning, a complimentary sleigh or carriage ride for two (mother nature permitting) on our scenic 70 acres (includes tax on room)
- Romantic dinner for two at one of the innkeeper preferred gourmet restaurants (Does not include restaurant gratuity or cost of alcohol)
- Package price: $750
- Holidays and holiday weeks: $770
- Two nights only: $585
- Call for fall foliage rates*
Romance & Relax Package with Dinner onlyPrice from: $510
- 3 nights: $700
- 2 nights: $510
- Holidays: $720
- Weekends: $510
- 2 night weekends and holidays: $520
Valentine's Special: Sleigh or Carriage Ride for 2 Lodging PackageAvailable dates:Price from: $390
- A two night stay with a private sleigh ride(on-site)
- Complimentary snowshoeing
- Queen with private bath
- Upgrade to a deluxe room with a two-person Jacuzzi and or fireplace is also available
- Small wedding cake
- Complimentary bottle of champagne
- Flowers to put in the cottage or to hold as a bouquet
- Add on a group wagon or sleigh ride or horseback rides
Elopement with an intimate circle of friends and family with a stay in the Alpine Moose Cottage.
This is designed for the couple that wishes to have a few family members and friends stay with them for a few days. This 4-bedroom cottage can take up to 8-9 people maximum. A two or three night stay is required for. Pricing depends on length of stay, number of people, time of year etc.
Get married in the cottage in front of the fireplace or on the scenic overlook to the mountains.
Nature Lover's Photography WorkshopAvailable dates:Price from: $581
Capture the beauty of the area on camera and learn how to enhance your knowledge of photography with professional photographer, Dan Houde of Wise Guy Creative. Lots of photo ops right outside our door! We are in a great location for scenic opportunities nearby. We are located less than a mile away from the White Mountain National Forest, Echo Lake, Cathedral Ledge and Diana’s Bath.
- 2 Day Photo Workshop and 2 nights lodging (includes 9% NH room and meals tax)
- 3 Day Photo Workshop and 3 nights lodging (includes 9% NH room and meals tax) 3 Sept. 11, 12, & 13: Thurs, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- All rooms with private bath, flat screen TV, and free Wi-Fi
- Full breakfast each morning on our patio deck overlooking the horses, gardens and mountains, with afternoon refreshments
- Lunch on the full day of the workshop
- Discounts on our on-site horseback riding, or carriage rides as well as area discounts
- All packages are non-refundable and non- cancellable
- See package policy page and more information on website
- Upon your arrival on Friday meet and greet the fellow photographers for appetizers around 7pm and discuss your interests
- Saturday, after an early, hearty breakfast you will spend one full day shooting with Dan
- On Sunday after an early breakfast, participants will spend time with Dan editing their photos
- Workshop packages start at $581 including tax (queen with private bath for 2)
- 1 workshop participant with 2 people to a room (deduct $149 from the price)
- Select from standard queen
- Deluxe rooms (jacuzzi and/or fireplaces)
- 2 room suites
- Rent the 4 bedroom cottage
- Guests receive $10 off per horseback ride or $10 off a Victorian carriage ride.
- An extra night for 25% off the rack rate price
- 1 or 2 horseback ride(s) for $50
De-Stress & Rejuvenate after Tax SeasonAvailable dates:Price from: $420
Try our fly-tying and fly-fishing class and a 2 night stay lodging Package. Enjoy the serenity when you pick up this new hobby. Learn how to tie your own fly as well as learn to cast. You will be ready for this fly-fishing season! Come learn from a registered New Hampshire guide. Check out our website for more information!
- 2 night stay in the room or suite of your choice
- 2 morning sessions of instruction
- 2 lunches one day when you go fishing, fly tying
- Fly fishing materials
- Breakfast each morning
- Discounted price on horseback rides
Mountain Biking in the White MountainsPrice from: $475.00
- Two nights of lodging including tax
- Full breakfast
- 3 hrs of beginner to advanced guided riding
- Discount on horseback riding and other area discounts
- Lodging for two queen with private bath with 3 hrs bike riding $475 (upgrade to deluxe rooms available)
- Lodging for 4 in a 2-room family suite and bike riding $775
Trek out for an adventure in nature! Your cycling guide will take you off the beaten path for a three- hour bicycle adventure. Join your IMIC/IMBA guide, Chris Krug of Eastside Bike Guides. Great for couples or the family!
Bring your own bikes and helmets or they can be rented. Add on more people to this adventure and rent out our Alpine Moose Cottage!
Murder Mystery Dinner Train with 2 nights of Lodging PackageAvailable dates:Price from: $455.00
- Two night accommodations for 2 people in a queen room with private bath (including 9% room tax)
- Complimentary split of Champagne with your stay
- Two tickets for the Murder Mystery Dinner Train including tax and gratuity
- Full fireside breakfast each morning
- Afternoon refreshments
- Stables-special discounted rates for guests
- Upgrades to jacuzzi and/or fireplace rooms, deluxe rooms, and two room suites also available
- Prices are per couple per room with queen bed and private bath starting at $455
- Fall Foliage, Oct. 25,& 26 from $535
- Enjoy the romance and add on a horse-drawn private Victorian carriage ride for 2 or trek out on horseback special rate of $10 off per ride
Two night “Murder Mystery Mayhem” Package: Lodging plus mystery theater, gourmet dinner, and a train ride-all rolled into one! This year's theme is: Death at Club 54 – It’s a Groovy Kind of Murder!
Call for upgrades. Hurry! Packages need to be booked two weeks prior to scheduled trains. Packages are non-refundable and non-cancellable. Prices are per couple, per room and are subject to change.
For more information see our Spring and Summer Packages
Family Fun-Stay and Horseback RidePrice from: $525.00
- Full breakfast each morning
- Tax included
- Area discounts
- Two complimentary horseback rides(can be substituted with a wagon ride for 4) at our award- winning public stables
- Three night stay: $690 for a family of 4
- Two night stay: $525 for a family of 4
- 5th person can be added to the room at $25 more per night
- Holiday weeks, holiday weekends: Add $20 more per package
- 3 night stay for a family of 3-5
- Deluxe 2-room suite and private bath
- King with fireplace room with TV and a -queen & single bedroom with TV)
- Includes 2 horseback rides total (Must be 7 yrs of age & under 235 pounds) which can be substituted with a wagon or group sleigh ride for 4
- Includes room tax
- Two, 2- deluxe room suites with private baths to select from:
- 3 night stay for a family of 3-5
- Deluxe 2-room suite and private bath(between the two rooms)
- Queen with fireplace and flat screen TV and couch-makes out to twin bed
- Father’s room: queen bedroom
You don't have to go West to have a quality horse experience Even though there are no bunk beds here, there is old-fashioned New England charm. Age & height restrictions apply for horseback riding. Guest riders have to 8 years old and under 235 pounds to ride a horse. Pony rides or a wagon ride can be substituted. More horseback rides can be added at a discounted rate of $440 per Pony ride.
Family Fun with Horses is a 2 or 3 night stay(including tax) with 2 complimentary horseback rides which can be substituted for a family wagon or carriage(slightly higher price).
3 Night Stay Includes
North Woods/Father’s SuiteWant to stay longer? Add on more nights for an extended stay rate! Call for fall foliage prices. Cannot be used with other promotions. Add $30-50 for a weekend or holiday stay or between June 20th to Aug 30th. More horseback rides can be added at a discounted rate of $40/ride. Pony rides available also(weather permitting).
Polar Express Lodging Packages November - December 2014
- Two night stay with tax
- Tickets for the Polar Express
- Full fireside breakfast
- Gift from the elves
- Parting gift from the Farm by the River
- Complimentary on-site snowshoeing
- Pony rides availabile (weather permitting)
- Discount tickets for tubing, skiing and mountain coastering at nearby Mr. Cranmore
- Discounts for selected restaurants
- Add on a group or private family sleigh ride at a discount
- One room accommodations for 2-3 people
- Two room family suites for 3-4 people
- Deluxe family suite for 4-5 people
- A cottage that sleeps 6-8 is also available
- Add a sleigh/wagon/ride or pony rides to the season's festivities (Available to inn guests at special guest rate and open to the general public)
All aboard for the "Sleigh Ride Express." Polar Express Two Night Lodging Packages: Last Week in November and First Three Weekends of December. We also have year round horseback riding-even in winter-trek out on freshly fallen snow. You don't have to be an inn guest to take a sleigh ride at the Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast with Stables. The stables is open to the general public daily, year round.
For an old-fashioned winter experience, Currier and Ives could have done it better! Tickets are available now. Reservations being taken for the upcoming season.