There are many many cultural, educational and recreational activities available in this richly-endowed pocket of New England. Murray and Karen are happy to help you find entertainments to your liking.
231 Dogford Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Our warm and welcoming country home, 231 Dogford, is nestled on a New England hillside, amidst woods, meadows and gardens. Only six miles from Hanover and Dartmouth College, two miles from the Connecticut River public docks and 10 miles from the Dartmouth Skiway, it offers many cultural and recreational opportunities, or can just be a place to relax and unwind.
Your hosts, Murray and Karen Washburn (founders and former owners of Peter Christian's Taverns), anticipate sharing this very special place with you.
To celebrate the peace and quiet of our hillside retreat, we offer only one booking at a time. We invite our guests to enjoy our home as their own. Have a steaming cup of tea and read a good book by a glowing fire, contemplate the sun setting over the Vermont hills from our screened porch, wonder at the vibrant fall foliage from a meadow perch, snow-shoe to the top of Lord's Hill and revel in a 180° view of rolling hills.
The available suite includes one double bedroom, one single bedroom, a sitting room with DVD player and bathroom.
Things To Do
- Downhill skiing at Dartmouth Skiway.
- Cross-country skiing and sledding at Hanover Country Club.
- Skating on Occom Pond
- Hiking on the Appalachian Trail, Hanover town trails, top of Lord's Hill with 180° views.
- Bicycling on the Northern Rail Trail and back roads.
- Dartmouth College's many sporting events.
- Canoeing and kayaking on the Connecticut River.
- Swimming at Storrs Pond Recreation Area.
- Tennis at Storrs Pond.
- Play golf at Hanover Country Club, Carter Country Club in Lebanon, Bradford Golf Club or the Quechee Club.
- Hopkins Center at Dartmouth College.
- Northern Stage Theater in White River Junction.
- Opera North in Lebanon.
- Hood Museum of Art at Dartmouth College.
- The area has many unique and wonderful opportunities. You're sure to fine a place to suit your individual taste and budget. Check out uvfood.com for special deals.