The Darby Field Inn & Restaurant
Mt. Washington Suite
Much as Mt Washington is the finest peak on the eastern seaboard, the Mt. Washington Suite is the most luxurious suite at the Darby Field Inn. It features a king sized bed, central A/C, and three panels of windows from which its namesake, and other neighboring peaks, can be viewed. The sitting room has a mini refrigerator and Flatscreen TV with DVD/VCR on a swivel platform, so you can watch from bed or the love seat. The private bathroom has a roomy two person Jacuzzi tub and shower combination. The two-sided gas fireplace can be enjoyed while in the sitting room or the tub! This suite is often requested for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays or any other special occasion...
"Thank you for our fantastic weekend in the Mt. Washington Suite. We loved it (especially the tub)! We'll be back next year..." - Salem, NH
The Shackford Suite
This elegant two room suite overlooks our gardens. It features a queen sized bed, central A/C, a sitting room highlighted with flatscreen cable TV with DVD/VCR and gas fireplace. The balcony provides an additional sitting area in summer, perfect for playing cards or sipping a chilled beverage, all with a mountain view! Follow the steps down for your own private access to our heated pool. The private bathroom has a roomy two person Jacuzzi tub and shower combination.
"We enjoyed everything! What a wonderful place with wonderful people.
We can't wait to come visit again!" - Penacook, NH
Almost all guests utter a reverent "Oooh" when the door first swings open to reveal Laura's Room. Named for the second lady of the house, Laura Shackford (Polly and Samuel Littlefield's daughter-in-law), this spacious, sunny room is highlighted with a beautiful antique queen sized bed, A/C, cable TV with DVD/VCR, gas fireplace, and a large bathroom complete with two person jacuzzi tub and separate walk-in shower. Great seasonal views of the summer gardens and winter woods make Laura's Room a year-round favorite.
"Truly an unforgettable weekend...one we'll remember for the rest of our lives! Thank you!" - Dracut, MA
The Littlefield Suite
This tastefully decorated two room suite is distinguished by a queen bed and huge bay window overlooking the mountains in the bedroom, central A/C, a sitting room accented with cable TV with DVD/VCR, and gas fireplace. The private bathroom has a two person Jacuzzi tub and shower combination. This suite faces the mountains, making it the most requested deluxe room among our return guests, especially during foliage season.
"We loved the Littlefield Suite! Great views and incredible food...thanks for the wonderful time." - Goffstown, NH
This spacious room is named for Samuel Littlefield, the original builder/owner of what is now the Darby Field Inn. It overlooks both the gardens and the mountains. It includes a king sized bed, central A/C, sitting area with cable TV and DVD/VCR, captain's window peeking out at the mountains, and gas fireplace. Double glass doors lead to a private balcony and sitting area with incredible mountain view. Steps lead you down to your own private entrance to the heated pool. The private bathroom features a two person steam shower. This room is on its own private third floor with one other room, giving it a very secluded feel...perfect for a romantic getaway!
"You can't put a price tag on happiness and the memories that were made here!"
- Nashua, NH
The Chase Suite
This special two room suite offers a queen sized bed, window seat overlooking the gardens, central A/C, a sitting room highlighted with cable TVand DVD/VCR and a gas woodstove. The private bathroom has a two person soaking tub with shower, and a skylight.
"What a wonderful hideaway...a jewel in the mountains! Our stay was very special and we heartily recommend the Darby Field Inn to all." - Contoocook, NH
This cheerful room is named for the Innkeepers' youngest daughter. She loved this room and so will you! Tess' Room has two large windows that overlook the mountains, a queen sized bed, gas fireplace, a/c, cable television w/ DVD/VCR, and private bath with skylight and walk-in shower. Located on its own private third floor with only one other room, Tess' Room has a special "tree house" feel that makes it instantly comfortable.
"The Darby Field Inn is the BEST!! We loved every moment and will tell everyone about this hideaway...it shouldn't be a secret!" - Boxborough, MA
These small, yet cozy rooms are all located on the third floor. They offer queen-sized beds, private bathrooms with bathtub/shower combination, a/c and spectacular mountain views. These rooms are perfect for those who will be out and about during the day, yet still want a warm and inviting resting spot for the night. These rooms do not have televisions.
"Beautiful Inn, actually didn't know what day it was. Time stands still here - thank you!" - Earlville, IL
These two smaller rooms do not sacrifice comfort along with size! The Basic Rooms are located on the second floor, and offer either a queen or a king sized bed. Both have private bathrooms with
walk-in showers, and beautiful mountain views. These rooms are perfect for those who prefer old-fashioned cooling to A/C - cool New England night air, ceiling fans and oscillating fans are available for your comfort during summer months. These rooms do not have televisions.
"Thanks for a wonderful stay, our first in New England, but not our last at your fantastic inn!" - Collierville, TN
- Daily B&B Rates (based on double occupancy): Room rates are before 9% tax and 6% service charge, and include room rental and full country breakfast. Rates are outlined below, with specific dates following. Please call 1-800-426-4147 to speak with a front desk agent if you have any questions, or require help booking your stay at the inn.
- Peak Season Dates for 2013: Valentine's Weekend: 02/16-02/18; Winter Vacation: 2/16 - 2/23; Fall Foliage: 9/20 - 10/20; New Year's: 12/27 - 1/01/2014
- Single Occupancy: Subtract $20 from B&B rates.
- Additional Person in Room: Some of our deluxe rooms have pull out couches, which can accommodate one extra person. The cost for this is $30 per extra person, per room, per night. We do not have roll-away beds or cots.
- Smoking: The Darby Field Inn is a nonsmoking establishment. Guests may smoke outside in designated areas.
- Children and Pets: We love kids, and pets too, but the Inn is not well suited for either. Your children must be over eight years old to stay with us, and we cannot allow pets of any kind.
- Dinner Options: You may add a romantic three course dinner to
- your stay for only $70 per couple, or join us on an ala carte basis.
- Our Dinner Menu is offered in either our mountain-view dining room, or in our cozy tavern. Please note: Our restaurant hours and days of operation change seasonally. Please enquire whether dinner will be available when reserving your stay.
- Minimum Stay: Minimum stay requirements apply during peak periods and most weekends, in DELUXE ROOMS.
- Call 1-800-426-4147 to speak with a Reservations Specialist.
- Deposits: We require a 50% (or one day, minimum) room deposit to confirm your reservation. Deposits are due at the time of booking. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express for your convenience. We send confirmation letters via email or US mail.
- Cancellations: We are a small country inn; cancellations affect us greatly. We cannot be responsible for weather, illness or injury...
- a $25 processing fee, per room, will be assigned to all cancellations or transferred reservations. Cancellations outside 14 days of the reservation will receive a refund of the remaining deposit. If we receive notice of your cancellation inside 14 days, your deposit will be refunded only if we are able to re-rent your room(s), and then minus a $25 processing fee, per room.
- Gift Certificates are a great way to say "thank you," "congratulations," or "I love you" to those special people in your life. Simply fill out our Online Form, or call us directly and we will send your gift certificate out to you immediately. Ask about our email certificates...perfect for last minute shoppers!
- Group Rates and Wedding Celebrations: The Darby Field Inn provides the perfect setting for intimate weddings, family reunions, and small business meetings. Please contact us via our toll free number, email, or visit our Wedding Page for more information.