Colonel Spencer Inn
Table Of Contents
Experience the charm of the Colonel Spencer Inn, a cozy 18th century bed and breakfast steeped rich in America’s history. We are perfectly located between Plymouth and Campton in the surrounds of New Hampshire's spectacular White Mountains, Waterville Valley, Newfound & Squam Lakes Regions, all within view of a tranquil country pond and the Pemigewasset River.
Built in 1764, this historic year-around retreat is tastefully restored and furnished with antiques with period accents. This makes us your ideal destination for any 4-season White Mountain, Waterville Valley, Newfound and Squam Lakes activities that are all within minutes of the inn. Our location is perfect for biking, hiking, golfing, skiing, and especially travelers to Plymouth State University, The Holderness School, and others interested in antiquing, shopping, fine dining, local festivals and more!
Travelers are always looking formemorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Mary Jo & Scott Stephens for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Our location is perfect for biking, hiking, golfing, skiing, and especially travelers to Plymouth State University, The Holderness School, Laconia Motorcycle Week and others interested in antiquing, shopping, fine dining, local festivals and more!
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
18th century bed and breakfast steeped rich in America's history
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
We are perfectly located between Plymouth and Campton in the surrounds of New Hampshire's spectacular White Mountains, Waterville Valley, Newfound & Squam Lakes Regions
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"You arrive as a guest and leave as a friend."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
So much to do within minutes of the Inn – hike, bike, ski, art & cultural entertainment, lakes and mountains
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Same as above, plus great sight seeing trips in any direction.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Hiking and walking trails
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Six Burner Bistro in downtown Plymouth
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have six rooms all with in-room private baths.
Do you accept pets?
We accept dogs only – some restrictions apply, so please call or see our website.
Absolutely without exception, and only with express prior approval, are dogs allowed at the Colonel Spencer Inn. No exceptions if prior approval was not made, or for any other animals.
At the Colonel Spencer Inn, we genuinely love dogs and very much enjoy having well behaved pets stay with us. The great majority of dogs cause no problem at all. However, in consideration of all our guests and in light of some of our experiences, we need to explicitly state our dog policy.
Dog owners are charged a $25 non-refundable fee per night. Proof of vaccination and flea protection must be sent to us at time of reservation or 14-days prior to arrival.
Upon arrival we have you sign the following contract stating that you agree to abide by the following guidelines during your stay:
- My dog is not aggressive; up to date with vaccinations and is well socialized with other animals and people.
- My dog is free of ticks and fleas.
- My dog will be under my care at all times. If I leave my dog unattended, he/she will be crated, for the protection of guests and furnishings.
- I assume the responsibility for any and all damages to the inn and furnishings.
- At no time is my dog allowed on the beds or furniture.
- At no time is my dog to be in the dining room, sun porch or kitchen.
- When outside, my dog will be on a leash and under my control at all times.
- I will dispose of my dog messes, both inside and outside. Potty breaks should be confined to areas away from buildings. While we understand that “accidents” may occur in inappropriate places, please be kind enough to remove it. No one likes ruined shoes; especially other inn guests who may not be as pet friendly.
- I will clean off my dog if he/she is wet or dirty, using towels provided by Colonel Spencer Inn for dog care.
- I will notify the innkeepers immediately of any dog accidents.
- When away from the Inn, we will take our dog with us. The Inn is not a substitute for a kennel.
- No barking! Dogs that continuously bark or otherwise bother others will be asked to leave at the owner's expense.
We hope you and your pet’s stay is most enjoyable. We will gladly accommodate you in any way possible. By following these rules we hope to continue to add to everyone's Colonel Spencer Inn experience.