Glynn House Inn
Table Of Contents
"New Hampshire's Finest Small Inn" Located in the heart of New Hampshire's Lakes & Mountains, the historic Glynn House is one of the most highly regarded small inns in New England. It provides the perfect setting for a romantic getaway or an elegant retreat. Four pet friendly rooms are available
Awards & Accolades
With elegant guestroom accommodations and luxurious amenities, this NH inn has won many awards and accolades. The Glynn House is also a member of Select Registry, Diamond Collection & Karen Brown's Distinctive Inns.
Perfect New Hampshire Location
Situated on a quiet residential street, but centrally located to all the attractions make New Hampshire's Lakes & Mountains so special. A five-minute walk brings you to the quaint village of Ashland. Restaurants, recreation activities art galleries & antique shops are minutes away. Guests enjoy hiking, skiing boating, fishing, golf, wildlife viewing, museums and so much more.
Breakfast, Refreshments plus Wine & Hors d'oeuvres
The Glynn House offers the type of gourmet breakfast you expect from top quality bed and breakfast - sweet and savory entrees, fresh baked goods, seasonal fruit and more. Our New Hampshire inn also offers afternoon refreshments, wine & hors d'oeuvres and traditional English afternoon teas - services are unique to New Hampshire!
A Picture Perfect Romantic Setting
Are you looking for a picture perfect backdrop to set the scene? You can stop agonizing about where to find a private, peaceful romantic getaway, one providing the perfect romantic mood. At The Glynn House, you'll indulge, relax, unwind, explore and rejuvenate.
Let your beloved canine pal travel in luxury with you at The Glynn House Inn... where dogs are welcome! Your four-footed friend will love our three pet friendly suites & pet friendly bedroom. Dogs get a kick out of our special pet activities & services too.
The Glynn House is a Green Inn Committed to a Green Environment
- Bedding: We use the highest quality Serta & Simmons mattresses. Our beds are tripled sheeted with luxurious Egyptian 100% cotton sheets, which are 300 - 600 count, and are topped with comforters in rich bold fabrics. Hypo-allergenic foam pillows are provided. Feather pillows are available on request. You'll sleep like a baby!
- Bathrooms: Thick, thirsty English 100% cotton towels are incredibly soft. Our sensuous Turkish bathrobes are really comfy. Hair dryers and Natural Earth bath amenities kits are placed in your bathroom. Spare toiletries are available, if you've forgotten something.
- Romance: Fireplaces provide the perfect romantic setting. Bubbling double whirlpool baths (suites only) are relaxing beyond belief. Cozy Afghan blankets provide a nice touch on a cold winter evening.
- Technology: LCD TV's are connected to Direct TV. DVD players and iPod radios are also provided. WiFi can be accessed in guest rooms and common areas. Central air conditioning keeps guests cool on hot summer days and evenings.
- Always available: soft drinks, bottled water, nuts, pretzels, sweets, tea and coffee
- Ice Machine: The ice machine is located in the kitchen. For convenience, ice buckets are also available in the kitchen.
- Wake-up Calls: Available from 7.00 a.m. Please contact the innkeepers prior to 7.00 p.m. to arrange one.
- DVD Library: A selection of complimentary movies is available in the kitchen. Please make your selection prior to 7.00 pm.
- Laundry Services: We are pleased to offer laundry services to our guests. The charge for this service is $15 per load. Please notify us of any special laundry instructions. As an alternative, we can recommend a local Laundromat.
- Postal Services: We would be happy to mail your "wish you were here" postcards and charge the postage to your final invoice.
- Concierge: For directions, reservations or suggestions for sightseeing, please contact one of our innkeepers.
- Bell Service: We will be happy to assist you with your luggage. Please contact the innkeepers.
- Gift Shop: Open during office hours from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Always available: soft drinks, bottled water, nuts, pretzels, sweets, tea and coffee
- In-Room Massage: Indulge yourself! Experience a therapeutic massage in the calm and comfort of your guest room. Your body and soul will be utterly restored. Treatment options available.
- 70. & up *24 hours notice required
- Always available: soft drinks, bottled water, nuts, pretzels, sweets, tea and coffee
- Parking: Complimentary off street parking is provided.
- Cookies: Afternoon refreshments include tea, coffee and freshly baked homemade cookies.
- Breakfast: A full gourmet breakfast - served at separate tables - includes a choice of entrées.
- Wine and Cheese: Wine and delicious hors d'oeuvres are served each evening.
How About Giving A Gift Certificate From The Glynn House As A Gift For Any Occasion A Perfect Gift For A Night Of Indulgence With A Delectable Breakfast...
We can do it all over the Internet; it's that simple. You can choose any price range for any day of the week, or just let them choose their own date. Give us a call, or e-mail and we can mail your gift certificate today!
The inn is located in the heart of New Hampshire's Lakes & Mountains Regions and just 1 hour from Manchester, 2 hours from Boston, 3 hours from Montreal & Providence, 4 hours from Hartford and 6 hours from New York City.
DiningDining and More
The delectable food at our elegant New Hampshire inn prompts guests to
return again and again. Our innkeepers are committed to providing creative breakfasts, healthy alternatives plus an ever-changing array of irresistible treats.
Morning Beverage Service
Coffee, tea, hot chocolate or juice served adjacent to your room by 7.30 a.m.
Breakfast is served at individual tables in the tranquility of our elegant Victorian dining room. As you indulge your taste buds, soft music sets the mood. Breakfast starts with fresh fruit, a choice of juices, and freshly baked muffins or breads. Each morning we offer several sweet and savory hot entrée selections plus a cold breakfast option.
Gluten Free Gourmet Breakfast*
Breakfast starts with fresh fruit, a choice of juices, and freshly baked gluten free muffins or breads. Each morning we offer a range several gluten free sweet and savory hot entrée selections plus a cold gluten free breakfast option. All cooking surfaces utensils and ingredients are gluten free. Soy cheese is always available.
*Please let the Inn have 24 hours notice should our gluten free menu be required .
Refreshments are available every afternoon. Guests love our homemade chocolate chip cookies and old-fashioned fudge brownies. Complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks and bottled water are always available.
Wine & Hors d'oeuvres
In the evening, you can join other guests and the innkeepers for complimentary wine, cheese and scrumptious hors d'oeuvres.
Weddings & Romance
The day when you and your fiancé unite, as one is a very special experience you'll want to cherish forever. Let the Glynn House Inn be your venue when you start your new life together. Have photos taken in our delightful gardens or with a Victorian backdrop in the grand hallway or sitting room. Enjoy the company of your guests in our elegant sitting room or on the delightful wrap around porches. You've found the perfect setting. You'll also receive personalized help to address all those 'oh so important' details.
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Bridal Luncheon
Max Capacity: 20-49
Things To Do
Recreation Services at Glynn House Inn
The inn can arrange guest passes to a full-service gym - Fitness Edge - for a modest daily fee. www.thefitnessedgenh.com
The inn can arrange rental of downhill or cross-country skis and boots. Snowshoes can also be rented. Discounts are offered to inn guests. www.skifanatics.net
Sailboats can be rented. Sailing instruction is also available. www.squamlakes.org
- Canoes & Kayaks The inn can arrange rental of canoes and kayaks. Discounts are available to inn guests. www.skifanatics.net
- Beach Supplies Beach towels and picnic coolers are available. Please ask one of our innkeepers.
- Bikes Road and mountain bikes are available for rent at Rhino Bike Works, which is located seven minutes away in Plymouth. www.rhinobikeworksnh.com
- Massage We will be happy to arrange a massage, either at a local spa or in the comfort and privacy of your own room. Advanced reservations are advised.
- Powerboats Guests can chose from a diverse rental fleet on Squam Lake. From small aluminum runabouts to roomy and comfortable pontoon boats, select a vessel to match your idea of fun - gentle cruise, fishing or waterskiing. www.riveredgemarina.com
What To Do in Our Area
- Alpine Skiing, Antiquing, Auctions, Art Galleries & Shows, Apple Picking,
- Beaches, Birding, Boating, Boogie N' Blues Festival, Breweries,
- Canoeing, Canterbury Village, Castle in the Clouds, Country Fairs, Cycling,
- Dog Sled Races,
- Fishing, Franconia Notch,
- Hiking, Horseback Riding, Hunting,
- Ice Climbing, Ice Fishing, Ice Skating,
- Laconia Motorcycle Week,
- Marathons, Moose Tours, Museums,
- NASCAR, NH Highland Games, NH Music Festival, Nordic Skiing,
- Rafting, Rock Climbing,
- Sailing, sleigh rides, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, Squam Lake,
- Theatre, Triathlons,
- White Mountains
- Zip Line Adventure Tours
- Fitness Center
Guest Comments"Thank you for making us feel welcome guests in your wonderful New England home! Our room was everything we imagined it would be and more! The personalized attention and care you give your guests is very special! We look forward to returning"-Julie and Gary Hazen"All the people are great but Maggie is the treat of this inn. Too cute! You lovely threesome made our stay a delight. You make a great team, and I’m sure we’ll be back – so generous of spirit, so welcoming, so kind. Thanks so much!"-Jack Kelly"Mission Accomplished! We came here to relax and The Glynn House provided the perfect getaway. Thanks for all your hospitality, especially the cookies!"-Bill & Toni Margarella, Burlington, NJ"There is no better place to be, before the mental and physical challenge of a long triathlon, than home. The second I walked through the door, you guys made me feel like you had known me for years. What a great way to begin to unwind and relax before the big day. Thanks so much for making me feel at home and for a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Will definitely see you soon."-Mark Vartabedian, Westwood, MA"Dear Pam and Glenn, To often we miss the simple moments in life and how much they can recharge us. Thank your for reminding Woody and I about relaxing in a beautiful, quiet atmosphere. We enjoyed our getaway very much, especially all the special touches you added. Your company and surroundings were just what we needed. Thank you again."-Dawn and Woody, Manchester, NH"I have experienced several B&B’s during our travels, and yours rates right at the top. Everyone was so accommodating with everything and made us feel right at home. . Thanks to everyone who helped arrange my special diet. I know. I know you have only been in the business five weeks, but you handled our stay like pros, and the professionals you really are. Thanks for making this special weekend special to us. Your hospitality and ability to make uscomfortable no matter what we were doing was superb. Good luck with your new adventure + journey. Your success has already been achieved in the “customer service” aspect of your business. Congratulations on your new purchase. Thanks again for everything." (our 34th wedding anniversary)-Joel & Debbie Losyznski, Lake George, NYYou guys are the greatest! We loved our get-a-way weekend and you have truly put more ambiance in the Glenn House Inn and it is very noticable. This is the way an Inn should be. We can't wait to come back in the fall.......When we come back from Ireland, we'll give you a call to book something in September or October. Keep up the good work. Your the best.P.S. Say Hi to Maggie! and Shirley of course (she is a doll)-Lin & Ray LebrunThis was our first experience staying at a B&B. It makes me want to be pampered like this all the time. "Leaf peeping" season, combined with the comfort and genuine hospitality provided at The Glynn House, made this one night getaway better than we could have ever imagined. Breakfast made me want to take culinary lessons! Phenomenal food. Sincerely enjoyed the comforts of home away from home. You can't beat sharing with the one who makes you smile either. Thank you so much. We're already planning a return visit.-Katherine and GerardThe warmest and friendliest welcome. It almost feels like we're family! There's such a degree of genuine helpfulness, we almost have to do a double check: is this really just an inn? Of course not. This is not just any inn - it is an exceptional inn. One that truly makes you feel so at ease that one could relax fully and totally enjoy everything it's got to offer. We're so pleased we've come across both Pam and Glenn. Thank you so much for your 1st class hospitality!-Kevin & Estee Middleson England, UKWhat a wonderful, wonderful week we have had here at Glynn House. My husband and I have never stayed at a B&B before. I do not know what any other B&B's look like, but I know this one is fabulous. Glenn and Pamela went out of their way to make us feel at home and make our stay memorable. Breakfast every morning was delicious to say the least. I never could eat it all, but it was so very, very good. The fall foliage, which my husband and I had never seen before, was breathtaking. Glenn and Pamela were both very helpful with anything we required or information we needed. They went out of their way to help us every day. I hope one day, in the near future, we can come back and stay here again.-Buddy & Delores, Baton Rouge, LouisianaWarm, inviting and charming were our first impressions of the Glynn House. But, by the time we ended our brief stay with you, the absolute family feeling we walked away with had completely delighted and whelmed us. Your attention to detail and graciousness were well beyond our expectations. We really look forward to our next visit! Spending Thanksgiving here was amazing, especially the delicious meal! Hello to Maggie as well. Wishing you the best!-Greg & Melanie, Princeton, NJ
Our son and daughter-in-law gave us a two night gift certificate here as a "thank you" for their wedding reception. What a romantic place! It was rejuvenation for a couple that has been married for 36 years. We thoroughly enjoyed everything including the two-person hot tub. Pam came to the rescue with nail polish when I chipped a nail before going out to dinner! This is a place that goes above and beyond to be sure all guests are happy. Glenn was great at finding wonderful restaurants to suite our tastes.Aloha to all - Pam, Ingrid and Glenn, I've lots of wonderful things to say about our wonderful stay at The Glynn B&B Inn. I chose Aloha because of its so many meanings from the warmest greeting to never saying goodbye, just safe journey until we meet again. If that alone doesn't sum up our visit, here are more thoughts. During this trip, we covered 3500 miles. Only at The Glynn House Inn did we found solitude. It was like coming home. We were met and greeted by name. We settled in quickly with delicious chocolate chip cookies. The Eisenhower Suite soothed us with its heart tub. The sheets freshness can only be compared to sun dried in a light breeze after a rain-wash. The grounds were manicured with precision and the flowers were just beautiful. Everyone always greeted us with smiles, interest and a helping hand. All our needs were met. I've saved the best and most important meal for last - breakfast. Wake up to a staff that gives you a "full tank" of coffee to run or relax on for the rest of the day. Whatever is served, you won't be disappointed, in fact, quite the opposite - fresh fruit, impeccable service, exquisite taste, interesting conversation - everything just perfection. Aloha until next time.-Michael Bergstion and Debbie Drinthe.Dear Glenn, Pam, Shirley - Thank you so much for a beautiful time spent at your inn. We were very comfortable. Everyone is so friendly. Shirley - you were great to my husband and I. Glenn thanks again so much for your hospitality. We'll be back.-Brenda and Tom Mckeon, Long Island, NYWe thought the scenery in New Hampshire would be the highlight of our autumn drive to view the covered bridges - until we were welcomed here at Glynn House! Your hospitality after visiting 15 bridges, driving all day and being very tired was a delight! Our room is appointed with perfection, as is everything we've seen in this stunning Victorian! We were not surprised that breakfast was also a 5 star experience! We will certainly visit again and recommend Glynn House to all! Warm Regards,-Linda and JoelDear Pam, Glenn, Ingrid &Maggie - Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. It was a treat to celebrate our 5th anniversary in such a warm and cozy place. Your hospitality and humor really made our stay special. The decadent breakfasts didn't hurt either! Very best regards,-Katey and John Grammatteo, Middlefield, CT
How to Find Us
Driving from the South:
Take I-495 to I-93 North. Use exit 24/Ashland taking U.S. 3 South for 1.5 miles until you reach the Cumberland Farms convenience store on the right side of the road. Turn left onto Highland Street at the traffic circle, which is located just prior to the Meredith Village Savings Bank. Drive approximately 1/3 mile. The Glynn House Inn is on the left.
From Boston (Logan Airport):
Take I-93 North to exit 24 /Ashland taking U.S. 3 South for 1.5 miles until you reach the Cumberland Farms convenience store on the right side of the road. Turn left onto Highland Street at the traffic circle, which is located just prior to the Meredith Village Savings Bank. Drive approximately 1/3 mile. The Glynn House Inn is on the left.
Take Route 25 West to Center Harbor. Turn right on Rt. 25B; go 3 miles and turn right on U.S. 3 North. Proceed for approximately 9 miles to Ashland. Turn right onto Highland Street at the Meredith Village Savings Bank.
From Canada & Points North:
Take I-93 South . Stay on I-93 to exit 24/Ashland taking U.S. 3 South for 1.5 miles until you reach the Cumberland Farms convenience store on the right side of the road. Turn left onto Highland Street at the traffic circle, which is located just prior to the Meredith Village Savings Bank. Drive approximately 1/3 mile. The Glynn House Inn is on the left.
Manchester Airport, Manchester, NH, approximately 1 hour 15 minute drive
Logan Airport, Boston, MA, approximately 2 hours drive
Montreal Trudeau International Airport, Montreal, QC, approximately 3 hours drive
JFK International Airport, Jamaica, (NYC) NY, approximately 5 hour 20 minute drive