Candlewycke Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Ranked #1 With TripAdvisor Guests And Reviews!!
Welcome to the Candlewycke Inn in Bigfork Montana where Flathead Lake begins. I've been compared to the Select Registry Inns which are the finest Inns in the world. I am open year round, with an escape from your busy lives and extreme weather during any season. Country, folk-art theme decorated rooms create a warm and inviting atmosphere. This majestic, lodge style home has been chosen by Frommer’s Travel Guide as the "Star Find" in Bigfork, Montana.
I am secluded on 10 wooded acres just minutes away from the quaint Village of Bigfork, Flathead Lake and Jewel Basin hiking. West Glacier in Glacier National Park is only 45 minutes from the Inn.
Montana is a storied place filled with wild trout streams made famous by authors who witnessed breathtaking experiences by day and relaxing hospitality by night. You can make your stay a destination home away from home for all the activities our Flathead Valley offers. Book your family's holiday retreat at the Candlewycke Inn.
Quilts and antiques complement each king and queen size room to provide a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere to all travelers. Spacious rooms and pillow-top beds ensure the best night’s sleep you will ever experience away from home. Sani-jet pipeless whirlpool hydro-therapy tubs are available in my 2 deluxe king rooms. Plush spa-robes are available for the Jack and Jill rooms with the adjoining bathrooms. Relax, reminisce and plan another enchanting day under Montana’s Big Sky.
Enjoy the cozy fireplace in the Great-room, popcorn and a movie or relax with a hot cup of tea or a glass of fine wine. Good food and friendly people from all over the world make my Inn their own vacation home for unforgettable memories. You’ll be planning your next trip before you get home.
Whether you fancy warm or cold weather activities, throughout all the seasons, we offer relaxation and recreation to fill your heart, mind, body and soul.
Private catered parties are available in the off season, September 15th - May 15th. I can lodge family reunions up to 14 people, but accommodate birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers, holidays or personal parties up to 25. Choose from a brunch, appetizer or our dinner menu and create a memorable event for you and your friends. Lodging is not necessary for private parties. These parties are available when the Inn is not rented to lodging guests. Minimum of 6 please.
A full nutritious breakfast, with attention to dietary needs, is included in the bed and breakfast price and served each morning at 8:30am sharp in our spacious country Dining Room. Dinners can be reserved by 12 noon each day or in advance online when you make your reservation. We do not serve meals in the rooms nor do we approve of bringing food into the rooms. We have picnic tables / patio furniture with tables for this type of casual dining.
Frommer's travel guide awarded our Inn with their "star find" !! Also ranked among the top Inns in Bigfork by www.tripadvisor.com reviews.
Customers with allergies, we have adopted a new kitten named Olivia and she loves to visit with guests. If you are traveling with your personal pets, consider boarding them at the Crane Mtn Critter Ranch, Gayle Hoveland's premiere pet retreat, less than 1 mile from the Inn. Call 406-837-1434
Not really conducive for young children. The Jack and Jill rooms are for 2 single adults or 2 couples ~~ MAX of 4. We do not have roll-away beds. Excessive housekeeping and/or damages will incur an additional fee upon checkout. Please consider the room when you arrive as the way you should leave it behind.
As featured in the Country Extra Magazine, quilts and antiques adorn each room at the Candlewycke Inn Bed and Breakfast to provide a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere to all travelers. Pillowtop king and queen beds ensure the best nights sleep you’ll ever experience away from home. A complete nutritious breakfast, with attention to any dietary needs, is served each morning in our spacious country dining room. Private baths, TV’s and refrigerators complete each deluxe accommodation.
New bathroom remodels for the 2 Jack and Jill 2 room suites upstairs. New wider and deeper tubs with fresh tile and the new Gerber Viper toilets have been installed.
Activities and Attractions
The Candlewycke Inn Lodge is a wonderful home base when enjoying Glacier National Park, Flathead Lake, Jewel Basin or Big Mountain Ski Resort. Hiking, skiing, and fishing are available throughout every season. All are just around the corner, waiting to complete your unforgettable vacation.
Rent a boat, jet-ski, take a sailboat cruise on Flathead Lake or float down the Swan River for a relaxing afternoon. Enjoy a round of golf at our Number #1 Eagle Bend Golf Course or play an easy par 3 in the late evening. Take a stroll on the Swan River Nature trail to the quaint village of Bigfork after breakfast and enjoy all of our unique shops. Selected areas at the Inn are available for BBQ picnics, hammock lounging and campfire area for making smores.
The Candlewycke Inn Vacation home is only minutes away from a memory to behold whether your heart fancies warm or cold weather activities. In every direction is an ever changing panoramic view to expand the mind and soothe the spirit. Montana is a collection of some of the world's greatest mountains and prairies coming together to create more spectacular unspoiled nature than anywhere else in the lower 48.
- Art Galleries
- Bigfork Summer Playhouse
- Bigfork Concerts in the Park every Sunday night in the summer
- Big Mtn. resort concerts every Friday night
- Cherry Blossom Festival
- Downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling
- Eagle Bend golfing
- Horseback riding
- Jewel Basin hiking
- Kalispell’s Picnic in the Park concerts every Tuesday night
- National Bison Range
- Swan Lake swimming, kayaking
- Swan River nature trail
- Whitewater rafting
- Wildlife observation areas for photography
- Apple Tartin
- Carrot cake buttermilk french toast
- Cheese fluffy blintzes topped with wild berries
- Chicken Tortilla souffles
- Croque Madame
- Cuban French Toast with Guava and Strawberries
- Ham and asparagus quiche
- Italian eggs, fresh spinach, artichokes, parmesan cheese & marinara
- Mediterranean quiche
- Pork Carnitas Sunrise, corn tortilla, rice and bean with eggs and salsa verde
- Roasted asparagus souffle with gorganzola
- Salmon quiche with zucchini and summer squash
- Spanish eggs ~ chorizo, ham and tomatoes
- Spinach salad with bacon, mushrooms, egg topped with warm vinagrette
- Wild Souffles ~ wild sausage, wild rice and wild mushrooms
AND MUCH MORE !!
Dinner entrees include and are served at 6pm (one seating only)
- Boneless Beef short ribs fork tender and served ragu style or with garlic smashed potatoes
- Chicken Cacciatore (rustic stew)
- Chicken Fettucini Alfredo with crimini mushrooms and brocolli
- Cioppino with sourdough crisps
- Cornish hens stuffed with herbed dressing
- Duck served in a Fathead cherry reduction
- Elk Bolognese
- Jambalaya - cherizo sausage, jumbo shrimp and chicken
- Pork Chop, loin cut / bone in ~ served with roasted sweet potatoes and apples
- Roasted red pepper and tomato bisque
- Salmon with a Caribbean Mango citrus glaze served on top roasted root veggies
- Shepherds pie made with Lamb or Elk / individual servings
- Sirloin steak grilled to order
- Tenderloin Pork Medallions in an herbed sauce
- 3 meat, 3 cheese lasagna OR vegetarian lasagna
Veggie dishes available / Vegan / Lactose Free / Gluten Free /
Book just one day in advance of arrival or during your stay