Mulberry Hill Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Come and visit Mulberry Hill Bed and Breakfast, located near downtown historic Pleasant Hill, Missouri just forty-five minutes South of Kansas City, Missouri. With its cozy rooms and large porches this 1904 Colonial style home is a great romantic hideaway, a quiet weekend get away or a place to just escape from the pressure of everyday life.
Mulberry Hill features five spacious guest rooms Garden of Eden, Victorian Garden, Mulberry, Rose Garden, and English Garden. Each room is designed to foster a peaceful and serene place to enjoy life at a slower pace. Each of our guest rooms has a queen bed, TV and DVD player, and their own private bath, along with all the amenities needed to ensure a memorable stay. Three of the rooms have a jetted tub for two.
There are five common rooms throughout the house where guests can read, play games, or watch one of the movies from our large DVD collection.
For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are two porches that provide guests a quiet place to relax and read or just to sit and enjoy serenity of our little town. On the rear deck is a hot tub where you can sit out under the stars and soak away your fatigue and tensions.
You will awake each morning to the aroma of a home cooked breakfast which includes coffee or tea and juice, as well as an assortment of other dishes such as eggs, bacon or sausage, breakfast casseroles, biscuits, fresh fruit, French toast, cereals, specialty breads, and more. Our guests never go away hungry!!
During your stay, guests have access to the grounds where they can walk amongst a beautiful landscape of seasonal blooms. Within a mile there are walking trails where you can enjoy the peace of nature while strolling through open pastures and shaded forest paths or you can rent a bicycle and enjoy a relaxing ride on the start of the Katy Trail in Pleasant Hill. The rear deck provides ample seating where guests can relax and enjoy an afternoon beverage.
Nestled among the trees, is the ideal location for your special events. Whether it is a unique wedding location, the site for a memorable family reunion, or the setting for that special anniversary you seek, we invite you to our B&B to make your special day perfect.
Breakfast and Snacks
- A full breakfast is served in the dining room and is included in room rate.
- Guest choose the time that breakfast is served.
- Evening dessert is served. (except during summer and on holidays)
- Special meals available: Low Fat, Restricted and Vegetarian. (Special meals are $5.00 extra per breakfast)
- Complimentary bottled water available.
- Guests may use the Hot Tub on the rear deck.
- Enjoy socializing in the spacious parlor and dining area or hide away in the peace and quiet of your own room
- On the mid-level there is a common area where you can kick back on our rockers or recliner and relax
- Wireless high speed internet available
- Other amenities include, copier, fax, video library, board games, refrigerator, microwave, coffee and tea facilities, iron, ironing board and telephone
- We welcome groups of up to 5 couples for retreats, study groups, reunions, marriage retreats or just to get away and enjoy friendships.
Massage Therapist can be arranged by innkeeper for private massages. (Must be requested 72 hours in advance of booking)
- Three of our rooms feature a jacuzzi tub for two (perfect for your wedding night, anniversary or other special occasion)
- All rooms have en suite private bath
- All rooms have Queen-sized beds
- Cable TV, VCR & DVD in each room, with a common library of movies
- Bathrobes, hair dryers and clock-radios provided in each room
Plan a trip to see a Chiefs game or just to see Arrowhead stadium at http://www.kcchiefs.com
Or you can see the Kansas City Royals at royals.mlb.com
p> You can also make plans to visit the Historic and newly renovated Union Station with the new addition of Science City and an IMAX Theatre at http://www.kcmuseum.com
Other Kansas City Area Attractions
Museums and Galleries:
- The Nelson-Atkins Art Museum
- The Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
- The Toy and Miniature Museum
- The Steamboat Arabia Museum at the City Market
- The Kansas City Museum
- Science City Museum in Union Station
- Negro Leagues Museum and Jazz Museum in the 18th and Vine District
- Airline History Museum with a restored Lockheed Constellation
- Liberty Memorial Museum - a WWI memorial.
- Harry S Truman Presidential Library and home
- The Country Club Plaza, upscale shopping at America's first shopping center
- Crown Center offering premium shopping and dining experiences
- City Market with activities and shops
- The American Royal annual parade and livestock show
- Swope Park including the Kansas City Zoo, Nature Center, Imax and Starlight Theater
- Truman Sports Complex, home of the Kansas City Royals, Kansas City Chiefs; the MLS Sporting Kansas Citynow play in Kansas
Mulberry Hill is Pleasant Hill, Missouri's own bed and breakfast, centrally located to Lee's Summit, Blue Springs, Belton, Raymore and Harrisonville. Here's some information about Pleasant Hill:
- Pleasant Hill official City website.
- Pleasant Hill Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Pleasant Hill Merchants, with restaurants, stores and more. You can also find links to the Cass County Fair and the Pleasant Hill Golf Course.
- Big Creek Country Show, the area's premier Country Music show for 25 years.
- Pleasant Hill is home to a regional National Weather Service forecast office
- First Baptist Church of Pleasant Hill
- We are Cass County's longest established Bed and Breakfast.
Lee's Summit is a fast-growing community just a few miles away:
Rural towns with lots to do:
- Visit the Battle of Lone Jack park north of us. It's the answer to a trivia question: "where did the John Wayne character Rooster Cogburn lose his eye?"
- Stop by Greenwood, noted for its antique stores.
- Lake Lotawana is just a few miles north on MO-7
- Raymore and Belton are a few miles west on MO-58; Peculiar is south of Raymore.
- Harrisonville is a few miles south on MO-7
- We're an easy trip to Powell Gardens, western Missouri's botanical garden, near the Elm area in Johnson County MO..
How To Find Us
From the north
- Take Missouri Highway 7 to the stoplight at Myrtle Street
- Turn west (right) on Myrtle and go to the second stop sign, which is Armstrong Street
- Turn left on Armstrong and we are the first house on your left
From the south
- Do not take the business route
- Continue on Missouri Highway 7 north to the stoplight at Myrtle Street
- Turn west (left) on Myrtle and go to the second stop sign, which is Armstrong Street
- Turn left on Armstrong and we are the first house on your left
From east or west via Missouri 58
- Take Business 7 through downtown Pleasant Hill; it will curve to the right (east) on Locust Street
- Turn left just past the large Baptist Church (Armstrong Street - 5th cross street)
- Mulberry Hill is three blocks north, on the corner of Armstrong and Myrtle
- If you miss the turn at the church, don't worry - just continue to MO-7 north and follow the directions above