Huber's Ferry Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Huber's Ferry Bed & Breakfast, located in Jefferson City, MO, is a magnificent example of Missouri-German architecture and holds a majestic position atop the bluffs overlooking the Osage and Maries Rivers. The house (circa 1881) and impressive barn (circa 1894) are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Enjoy your view of the Osage and the countryside while savoring breakfast on the veranda. Jefferson City, Missouri is right in the middle of many recreational opportunities. The city itself has many attractions, including the State Capitol, state parks, museums, fine dining and local wineries. Jeff City is also on the Amtrak line and is across the river from the KATY Trail State Park. It's an hour or less to Lake of the Ozarks, Columbia, the museums in Fulton and Missouri's Wine Country at Hermann and St. James.
The main inn features a 2-room suite plus 2 guest rooms, each with private bath. Wilhelmshaven is our new stand-alone romantic getaway. Your full breakfast includes home baked bread, seasonal fruits, a hot entree, juice, aromatic coffee and specialty teas; served in the dining room or on a panoramic veranda.
Built by William Huber, prominent farmer and ferry owner, the inn is conveniently located near Jefferson City. Each guest room& features a private bath, ceiling fan and air conditioning. The bright and airy rooms are accented with family heirlooms, lace and period antiques.
Our inn is a step back to a more peaceful, romantic time. The landscaped grounds have sweeping flower gardens which attract hummingbirds and butterflies in warmer seasons.
Visit our library for reading and relaxation in a turn-of-the-century atmosphere. We also have a TV and VCR here for guest use. Other amenities include complimentary refreshments on arrival, fresh flowers in your room, and turn-down bed service. Breakfast is served in our classic dining room. Some of our specialties include home-made breads and savory eggs.
We look forward to making your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.
Jefferson City Area Attractions and Activities
- Oldest German-Catholic community west of the Mississippi
- Westphalia Historical Society Museum
- Hermann(60 miles northeast)
- Award-winning wineries and antique shops abound
- State Capitol, home to Thomas Hart Benton's famous mural
- Jefferson Landing State Historic Site, aside the mighty Missouri River
- Cole Country Historical Museum, adjacent to the Governor's Mansion
- Parish Picnics (Sundays, June-October)
- Regional communities preserve German custom with family-style dinners
- Lake of the Ozarks (65 miles southwest)
- Columbia (45 miles northwest)
- Missouri State Capitol & Missouri State Museum
- Runge Conservation Nature Center
- Painted Rock Conservation Area - Osage Bluff Scenic Trail (Osage County)
- Wenwood Farm Winery [li
- Westphalia Winery
- Westphalia Inn, Westphalia
- Towne Club, Westphalia
Jefferson City Landmarks
- In the Capitol - Executive Mansion Complex [a walking tour]
- Museum of Missouri Military History from 1808 to 2004
- Self-Guid Tour of Mid-Missouri Churches
How To Find Us
Huber's Ferry is located at the junction of Highways 50 east and 63 south,approximately 4 miles north of historic Westpahlia and 12 miles east of Jefferson City.
- Take the US 63 south exit and turn right (west) on County Road 501
- At the T intersection, turn right and follow the road to our lane
- Turn left onto our lane and drive around the house to the parking area on the west or bluff side
GPS lat. 38.491152 long. -92.007478