Reagan's Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to Hannibal, Missouri Come..."Write Your Own Story"
Reagan's Queen Anne Historic Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place for your overnight stay. We're centrally located just 3 blocks from downtown shops, restaurants, the Planter's Barn Theater, galleries and museums.
We're looking forward to sharing our Country Magazine featured Breakfast recipes with YOU!! Come see why guests choose US when visiting Hannibal. From Spring through Autumn, enjoy an abundance of flowering tropical beauties, annuals and perennials, while you marvel at dozens of resident hummingbirds and enjoy our wrap-around veranda. Come "sit a spell" in a comfy rocker on the expansive veranda. Hannibal is the place to unwind...rejuvenate. A celebrated stop along the banks of the Mississippi River, this quaint village draws its fame, from the writings of humorist and author, Mark Twain. Yes, Visit the Samuel Clemens boyhood home and museums. Feel the Romance of the mighty Mississippi River aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat, and then... Experience intrigue, adventure in Mark Twain and Cameron Caves.
Come join us in "America's Hometown!!"
Amenities Included in your room rate:
- Award winning, Extraordinary Full Breakfast
- Three large common areas
- Cable television available in Common Parlor
- and in our Captain's Quarters Suite
- A variety of books (old and new) for your reading pleasure. Yes...Mark Twain Too!
- Fine Antiques, heirlooms and period decor
- Private baths with a variety of extra bath amenities for your relaxing bath or shower
- Antique claw foot tub in Captain's Quarters and Riverview & Rose Chamber baths
- BIG, Fluffy towels
- Alarm clock, hair dryer, reading lamps, comfortable chairs and or love seat (each room)
- CD player (Premium rooms)
- Pressed bed linens
- Soft 300-600 Thread Count Cotton sheets
- Heavenly hypo-allergenic featherbed tops and/or luxurious mattresses, extra pillows and blankets
- Zoned central air-conditioning and heating
- Bed Chamber ceiling fans (Hattie's excluded)
- Welcome beverages provided
- Guest "Ice Box" for BYO
- Coffee, Tea, Lemonade, Hot Cider, and Cocoa available upon request
- Welcome chococolates
- Abundant tropical plants and flower gardens, Koi pond and waterfall, Spring ~ Autumn
- Expansive 75 ft long verandah for relaxing, socializing, reading, sleeping, enjoying a glass of wine & snacks, morning-afternoon tea or coffee, or for watching dozens of very entertaining hummingbirds during summer months
- Dinner and theater reservations made for you
- More than ample FREE parking
Country magazine chose Reagan's Queen Anne for their Second travel-oriented food feature. Six of our signature recipes are featured in the 2010 June/July issue of Country. What fun it is to answer the phone with inquiries from all over the United States, from those who have seen our feature in Country!!
"Best Breakfast in the U.S.A." Voted by Inn Travelers"One of the Top TEN B&Bs/Country Inns in North America." Inn Traveler Magazine
Breakfast is a very special part of the B&B experience. We hope that you plan your schedule to allow time to enjoy an award winning breakfast, prepared especially for you by your innkeepers, using only the freshest ingredients. Not only will you be treated to extraordinary fare, but you'll find that your dining experience takes place in a magnificent room. The woodwork is a turn of the century masterpiece, adorned with the exquisite wall of original stained glass windows. Your candlelit breakfast is commonly served at 8:30 am, in the home's original dining room, on fine china, with pressed linens and lace, and antique silverware. We are flexible with breakfast times when necessary. (Full breakfast 8:00-9:30-- Breakfast before 8:00am is Continental only)
We encourage you to find the June/July issue of Country Magazine at your local bookstore or grocer. Six of our recipes are published there. A few more of our most popular recipes are published in Best Recipes From American Country Inns and Bed & Breakfasts by Kitty & Lucian Maynard
Enjoy unique shops, art galleries, area history and live theater. Hike Riverview Park and nature trails. Ride the trolley or train. Climb Cardiff Hill to Mark Twain's famous lighthouse. Watch the river drift past as you await a passing barge. Stop for hand-dipped ice cream, a Famous locally brewed root beer, or Hand-made Chocolates for Chocolate lovers.
Visit the busy Coffee Shop on Main Street or various local venues for wine tasting. Hannibal is home to one of the most notable Quilting and Fabric Shops in the Midwest, and award winning Jewelers. Seek out one of the unique dining options with local flare and satisfying American cuisine, including steaks, chicken, seafood and Outstanding Prime Rib !!
Meet Mark Twain HIMSELF...in the Planter's Barn Theater, or request breakfast with him in the dining room of our mansion.
Traveler's Tip: Reagan's Queen Anne is the only B&B in Hannibal, where guests can Dine with Mark Twain HIMSELF!! His regular season runs from May-September
- Mark Twain Historic District Includes:
- Samuel Langhorne Clemens
- Boyhood Home Complex, Museums
- Mark Twain HIMSELF at the Planter's Barn Theatre
- Mark Twain & Cameron Caves
- Mark Twain Riverboat Dinner, Jazz & Day Cruises
- Mark Twain Statues
- Huck and Tom Statue
- Huckleberry Finn Home
- Riverview Park
- National/State parks, Nature areas
- Mark Twain Memorial Lighthouse
- Historic Star Dinner Theater
- Tom Sawyer Dioramas Museum
- Hannibal Trolley Company
- Twainland Express Train Tours
- Molly Brown Home & Museum
- Lover's Leap, Historic Old Cemeteries
- Historic Mansion Tours
- Samuel Clemens Birth Home at Mark Twain Lake
- Live Music, Art Galleries,
- Community Theatre
- Fine Dining, Wine Tasting,
- Picnic areas, Movie Theatres
CURRENT EVENTS!Daily Sampling at St Petersburg Mercantile, Sawyer's Creek Wine Shop, and Cave Hollow Winery at Mark Twain Cave Complex, Chocolate and Gelato at Chocolaterie Stam, Wine Tasting every weekend at Garth Woodside Mansion
Things to do
Golf, Sawyer's Creek Fun Park, Antique Shopping, Gift & General ShoppingBird Watching, Boating and Water Sports - Fishing, Canoeing/Kayaking, Hiking Trails, Public Water Park & Pool
Location and Directions
Coordinates: 39.4236.74 -91.2139.08 Geographic region: Northeast Missouri Nearest major city: St Louis (99 miles Southeast) Nearest Mid-sized city: Quincy, IL (19 miles Northeast)
Location is best described as: Mississippi River Valley Mark Twain Historic District Mark Twain Boyhood Home Mark Twain Museums Mississippi River Town
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY:
West on Interstate 72/US Rt 36 from Illinois, cross Mark Twain Bridge and Mississippi River
Exit I-72 immediately after crossing bridge at Exit 157 to Downtown Hannibal, Louisiana and Rt 79 Turn left at end of ramp on Mark Twain Avenue, **continue S/East to Third Street. Curve right onto Third Street, continue 1.5 short blocks to Hill Street. Turn right and continue on Hill 2 blocks to 5th Street. Turn left and we are located in the middle of the block on the right/west side of the street.
Park in front of the house for the most convenient access to our front door entrance.
East on Rt 36, cross Rt 61, follow signs to Downtown Hannibal exit, take Exit 157, the Rt 79/Louisiana exit. At end of ramp merge right and continue on Mark Twain Avenue
Then follow the directions above.
North on Rt 79, which becomes Third Street, continue north into Hannibal
Cross Broadway, Center and Bird Streets and continue to Hill Street, and turn left on Hill
Continue 2 blocks west to Fifth Street and turn left. We are located in the middle of the block on the right side of the street. Park in front of the house for the most convenient access to our front door entrance.
Nearest major airport: St. Louis, MO (STL-Lambert-St. Louis Intl.) 90 miles
Smaller airport: Quincy Regional-Baldwin Field, Liberty, IL 25 miles
DIRECTIONS FROM St Louis AIRPORT: From Lambert Field or St Louis area, take I-70 West to Rt 61 North and follow to Hannibal.
Upon reaching edge of Hannibal, continue (through 5 stop lights) to Rt 36/I-72
Merge right onto Rt 36/I72, follow East to (first exit) Downtown Hannibal, Louisiana exit 157/Rt 79.
Then follow directions above.
Branson 280 Atlanta, GA 652 Louisville, KY 372 Cape Girardeau 217 Chicago, IL 295 Madison, WI 328 Columbia 98 Cincinnati, OH 400 Memphis, TN 386 Independence 192 Dallas, TX 656 Milwaukee, WI 459 Jefferson City 106 Davenport, IA 174 Minneapolis, MN 432 Joplin 302 Denver, CO 760 Nashville, TN 413 Kansas City 200 Des Moines, IA 220 New Orleans, LA 774 Kirksville 91 Detroit, MI 536 Oklahoma City, OK 526 Lake of the Ozarks 150 Dubuque, IA 234 Omaha, NE 328 Springfield 237 Hartford, CT 1145 Peoria, IL 143 St. Charles 90 Houston, TX 950 Springfield, IL 100 Ste. Genevieve 165 Indianapolis, IN 292 Topeka, KS 263 St. Joseph 180 Lincoln, NE 334 Tulsa, OK 423 St. Louis 100 Little Rock, AR 433 Wichita, KS 389