Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast
Ideal for a quiet and private getaway, our Carriage House features a spacious bright room with private entrance, overlooking our pond and fountain, decorated in a modern Asian motif. It has a galley kitchen, dining table, comfortable seating, king-size bed, gas fireplace, large TV/DVD player that swivels for viewing from the couch or from the bed and Wi-FI. The full bathroom has a two-person spa whirlpool tub, shower, and seperate stereo system with a remote control. Bathroom amenities also include a hair drier, bath salts, spa robes, and storage space. The whirlpool tub contains a heating system that continues to heat the water while the jets are running.
You'll enjoy a hot breakfast brought to your room each morning at 9:00 a.m., or served on the patio, weather permitting. If brought to your room, we transfer the trays set up on the counter to the dining table and set out your breakfast for you. If you wish to have other guests from the Main House, who are part of your group, join you for breakfast in the Carriage House, there is a service charge of $5.00 per person per day added to your bill. This service must be arranged in advance, as it is an extensive amount of extra work to provide this service, and there is limited space for additional people to dine with you.
The kitchen is fully equipped, with small Keurig single-cup coffee-maker. You are welcome to bring your favorite brand or flavor of K-cup portion packs to supplement our basic selection of medium roast regular and decaf coffee, green tea and breakfast tea. We provide a pitcher of reverse-osmosis-filtered water in the refrigerator to make your coffee or tea. Of course we bring pots of fresh hot coffee and/or tea to you when we serve you breakfast. There is a microwave, stove, toaster, refrigerator and all the basic kitchen supplies you'll need to cook dinner, should you choose to dine in. There is microwave popcorn for your enjoyment as well. The refrigerator is stocked with cold pop, bottled water, and beer (we have a jar in the refrigerator for good-will donations). There are various books, cribbage, chess, and a good selection of DVD's and CD's for your enjoyment.
This space is perfect for honeymooners and for couples that want complete privacy.
$219 + tax double occupancy (2 people max)| nightly - 10% discount for 3 night stay or longer
With large bay windows, this bright, airy, spacious room provides a comfortable place where you can relax. Furnished with wonderful 1870's walnut antiques, featuring a comfortable queen size bed and a large private full bath with tub and shower. The marble sink is dropped into an antique walnut commode, with its matching walnut mirror. A makeup/shaving mirror, bottled water, bubble bath and hair drier are provided. Leather arm chairs are perfect for relaxing or reading a book. Extra pillows are located in the antique walnut armoire, where you can also hang your clothes and store your luggage. There is a beautiful walnut dresser as well. The room has lots of lighting, both from the natural light coming through the large windows, and from reading lamps in the room.
$140 + tax double occupancy nightly - 10% discount for a three night or longer stay
This large, bright room with knotty pine walls and a natural pine floor features an antique oak-leaf carved bed with a queen-size mattress. Nancy and Dave designed this room based on Norwegian and Swedish homes, with the pine wood stained the red and blue colors typical of Norway, and the bathroom painted the bright yellow seen in Sweden. We have added original artwork by pastel artist Charlotte Laxen and metalwork by John Wilson to the room that complement the style of decor.
The room features antique furnishings that you will enjoy: a two-person spa whirlpool (with plush bath robes, bath salts, CD player, and soothing CDs), an oversized shower in the bathroom, and double sink vanity featuring knotty pine countertops.
Atrium doors lead to a balcony that has a table and chairs overlooking the patio and fountain — providing a perfect place to read a book, enjoy a beverage, or simply gaze at the stars on a cool, clear night. The river birch trees are now tall enough to provide shade and privacy.
Two major amenities that have been added to the Scandinavian Room include a flat-screen TV/DVD player with cable service mounted so that it rotates towards the bed, should you want to enjoy a particular show or DVD. We do not provide DVDs, so bring your favorite(s) with you. In addition, we have now added a Keurig single cup coffee maker in your room! This will make it easy for you to have your first cup of coffee in the morning without having to go downstairs. You are welcome to bring your favorite brand or flavor of K-cup portion packs, if need be, to supplement our basic selection of medium roast regular and decaf coffee, green tea and breakfast tea.
A hand-made Nisse doll watches over you as you sleep, perched on the chest of drawers near your bed. Pleasant dreams!
$185 + tax double occupancy (2 people max) - 10% discount for a 3 night stay or longer
This unique, spacious third floor suite is a large open space featuring warm, simple Amish made furniture and 2 full-size (double) beds. Handmade traditional quilts from the local Amish and from the Old Order Mennonite area in Ontario, Canada (where Nancy's mother was raised) are used in this room. Knotty pine covers the many angles of the Victorian roof; the center of the room is over 17 feet from floor to ceiling! The room is cooled with central air conditioning and a ceiling fan in the summer and two wall heaters in the winter. Comfy! This room is rented for 2-person occupancy only, even though there are 2 double beds. Please note that we do not accommodate more than 2 people in this room due to the limitations in dining space at our breakfast table in the main dining room.
Overlook the lawn and treetops, feel the soft carpet beneath your toes as you curl up with a good book, watch cable TV or a movie from our selection of DVD's and videos, or just take a nap. It's so incredibly quiet up there! This is a perfect place to gather with your friends to chat, enjoy a beverage and snacks before going out to dinner or the theatre, play cards, or watch a movie together.... so many choices! There is a large, private bathroom with shower, a small refrigerator for your favorite beverages, and plenty of storage space for your stay. Of course we provide a hair dryer in the bathroom, and there are various board games for you to choose from. Seating includes a large couch, an Amish built glider chair with footrest, and a round dining table with 6 chairs available in the room. Extra blankets and quilts are stored in the flip-top Amish bench at the top of the stairs.
We have now added a Keurig single cup coffee maker in your room! This will make it easy for you to have your first cup of coffee in the morning without having to go downstairs. You are welcome to bring your favorite brand or flavor of K-cup portion packs to supplement our basic selection of medium roast regular and decaf coffee, green tea and breakfast tea.
$170 +tax double occupancy (2 people max.) - a 10% discount available for 3 night stay or longer
Nancy is Scottish, so we have decorated this room with accents reminiscent of the Scottish countryside. There are oak floors, antique oak and ash furniture, and a very comfortable queen-size bed that has no footboard (perfect for tall people!). There is a beautiful white chenille bedspread and pillow shams. The room's bay windows overlook the fountain and pond in the garden below. In the window is a handmade stained glass piece given to us by two of our guests who loved this room. There are two large antique oak chairs that were once part of a set located in a Freemason's Meeting Hall. The oak record cabinet has space for you to store some clothes, and the bedside shelf has a variety of books on Scotland and antique medical books to amuse you. On the wall is a framed print of the faceplate in the famous romantic novel about Scotland, Lorna Doone, along with a photo of Nancy dancing the Highland Fling, and of Nancy's Scottish great-grandparents.
The bathroom is quite large (it was once the maid’s bedroom), and features a sink dropped into an antique oak mirrored chest of drawers. Framed rubbings of Mary, Queen of Scots, and of a Celtic knot decorate the walls. Nancy made these rubbings during one of her trips to Scotland. There are tartan fabrics on the walls and window curtains that remind you of the Highland plaid kilts still worn today in Scotland.
Enjoy the new rain shower recently added to the two-person whirlpool! It’s beautiful!
There is a hair drier, bath salts, bottled water, a CD player with Celtic music CD's, robes for both of you, and plush extra large bath towels. The closet has lots of storage for your clothes. Relax in the wonderful whirlpool, and then pleasant dreams!
$165 + tax double occupancy (2 max.)| - a 10% discount is available for a 3 night stay or longer
This two-room suite has hardwood floors, bay windows, a queen size bed and an adjoining reading room. In addition, the room has its own private 2nd floor porch where you can enjoy the afternoon breeze and watch all the birds at the fountain or on the feeders in the yard. We have bluebirds, orioles, cardinals, finches, and many other varieties of birds during the summer months.
Decorated in rich Queen Anne cherry furniture, this charming suite offers a private bathroom with a shower nestled into what was once the medication dispensing room when this large room served as the hospital baby nursery and labor/delivery room. There is a hair drier, and a shaving/makeup mirror located in the cabinet over the pedestal sink, as well as bottled water and clock radio. There are extra pillows in the antique armoire where you can store your clothes.
The sitting room was originally Mr. Habberstad's private study. It is now joined to the bedroom by a large doorway. We have removed the French glass doors that had been added in later years, and now it feels much bigger. The sitting room is lit by a Nancy's parents' vintage pink glass ceiling light fixture, which adorned Nancy's house when she was growing up. Photos of Nancy's mother as a beautiful young woman, and of Nancy's grandmother as a baby are decorating the table. A very comfortable Ethan Allen armchair, and a cozy antique rocker with foot stool are perfect places to read and relax. A wonderful hand-made stained glass rose adorns the large front window, a gift Nancy presented to Dave on their first wedding anniversary. Personal. Special. Lovely.
$155 + tax double occupancy (2 people max) - a 10% discount is available for a 3 night or longer stay
- A two-night stay that includes a Friday and a Saturday is required on weekends May through the end of October. Take advantage of our 10% discount for a 3 night stay by adding a Thursday or Sunday night to your stay.
- Room rates and policies are subject to change without notice.
- We accomodate no more than two people per room, no exceptions.
- Check in is available between 4-6 PM. Early check in, luggage drop-off and access to the property are NOT available prior to 4 PM. It is most convenient for our main house guests, and respectful of our neighbors if our guests parktheir cars on our side of the street in front of our house while you go biking, shopping or to the theatre prior to check-in. We appreciate your assistance in letting us proceed with thorough cleaning, gardening, book-keeping, shopping, and other related chores without interruption until check-in time. At that time we will be able to give you our full attention and a complete orientation to our home and your room, and assist you with making dining, theatre, and activity plans for your stay. LATE CHECK-IN after 7 PM must be discussed ahead of time with us, so that we can ensure we are available. Please telephone us (or e-mail us) if you are going to be later than 4-6 PM.
- Check-out is by 11 AM. A fee may be charged for late check-out.
- The Habberstad House is smoke-free. There is no smoking, and no burning of candles or incense indoors. Ash trays are available for outdoor use upon request.
- Children 12 and over are welcome, but please note that our rooms only accommodate 2 people.
- Sorry, no pet guests are allowed under any circumstances other than approved service dogs.
- The back patio, located between our Carriage House and our back door, is private, for our use, only. We ask that our guests respect our privacy. We will serve breakfast to our Carriage House guests in that space if the weather permits.
- The Habberstad House bans hand guns on the property.
- The Habberstad House reserves the right to expel guests who are disruptive or destructive, without refund of room rent.
- A rental discount of 10% is available for a 3 night or longer stay in the same room, and for mid-week November through April, Sundays through Thursdays.
- Confirmations are sent via e-mail (preferred) or by mail if no e-mail is available. If you use our Webervations server to put through an on-line reservation request, you will receive and automated response followed by a more personalized e-mail showing your reservation details and costs, from our e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the information you receive to confirm that it is correct, and let us know if you have any special needs or wish to have dinner, theatre, massage, Amish Tour, kayak/canoe/bike rental reservations made by us.
Payment, Cancellations and Changes to Reservations
- The one difficult thing about our business is dealing with late cancellations, which affect us and our guests greatly. We have a full 7 day cancellation/change of date policy for up to two rooms being rented. Three and four room rentals require a full 14 day cancellation/change of date notice. Whole house rentals (5 rooms or more) have a full 30 day cancellation/change of date requirement, and include a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 that will be applied towards the rental. Late changes or cancellation will result in a full charge with no exceptions, unless we are able to rent your room to another party. We do not reschedule your stay for another date with a late cancellation; nor do we issue a credit or gift certificate towards a future stay. We suggest that guests think carefully about the date(s) and be sure about plans before making a reservation. If a late cancellation is needed, we suggest you identify another person (relative or friend) to stay in your place.
- Cancellation should be done by phoning us at 507-467-3560 or sending us an e-mail at habrstad@acegroup. cc. All cancelation/change notifications must have been received by us to be considered valid. A cancellation is not considered valid unless it has been received and acknowledged by us with a return e-mail and/or a return phone call.
- The same cancellation/change of date policies apply to guests using a gift certificate or gift card. The full room rental and taxes will be charged to your credit card.
- For cancellations/change of dates made with more than the full required notice period, the reservation will be entirely cancelled, and no charge or fees will be made to the credit card.
- Gift certificates issued prior to June 6, 2007, expire after one year. There are no extensions available for these certificates. Any amount left over on a gift certificate balance will be credited towards a future stay to be used within one calendar year of the original stay - this credit is NOT transferable to another party. There are no extensions available for expired Gift Certificates that were donated by the Habberstad House for charitable or fund-raising purposes.
- Effective January 1, 2012, we will no longer accept Bed and Breakfast.com or Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Association gift certicates/gift cards. If you make a reservation and stay with us without notifying us in advance that you want to use one of these gift cards, and then present them at check-in or check-out, you will be responsible for the full cost of your stay in cash or by credit card.
- Visa, Discover or Master Card credit card information will be obtained when you are making a reservation. Your card will not be charged for your stay until you check in, at which time we will swipe your card through our machine. Payment in the form of traveler’s checks, personal checks or cash will also be accepted for the balance due.
- Cancellation policies are reviewed either verbally with the guest at the time the reservation is made by telephone, or in the process of making a reservation online, or via e-mail in the confirmation letter. It can also be viewed here on our website. Guests who secure a reservation accept the terms of the policies.
- A 10.375% combination of Minnesota sales tax, Lanesboro city tax and Lanesboro lodging tax are added to your bill.
- All rooms accommodate only 2 people, and room rates are based on double occupancy. We DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN 2 GUESTS PER ROOM.A service fee is charged for guest use of kitchen area or dining area for meals other than breakfast; in addition, a service fee may be charged for guest use of common areas for meetings or parties.
- Since there is a king sized bed in that room that should reasonably accommodate 2 guests, a service fee of $5.00 per day is charged for use of the sofa bed in the Carriage House when rented to a party of only 2 people.
- A fee of $5.00 per additional person per day will be charged to the Carriage House bill when members of a group staying in the main house requests to join the Carriage House guests for breakfast. These arrangements must be cleared with us in advance.
- A fee may be charged for any damage to or loss of Habberstad House property.