Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast
Ideal for a quiet and private getaway, our Carriage House features a spacious bright room with private entrance, overlooking our pond and fountain, decorated in a modern Asian motif. It has a galley kitchen, dining table, comfortable seating, king-size bed, gas fireplace, large TV/DVD player that swivels for viewing from the couch or from the bed and Wi-FI. The full bathroom has a two-person spa whirlpool tub, shower, and separate stereo system with a remote control. Bathroom amenities also include a hair drier, bath salts, spa robes, and storage space. The whirlpool tub contains a heating system that continues to heat the water while the jets are running.
You'll enjoy a hot breakfast brought to your room each morning at 9:00 a.m.
The kitchen is fully equipped, with small Keurig single-cup coffee-maker. You are welcome to bring your favorite brand or flavor of K-cup portion packs to supplement our basic selection of medium roast regular and decaf coffee, green tea and breakfast tea. We provide a pitcher of reverse-osmosis-filtered water in the refrigerator to make your coffee or tea. Of course we bring pots of fresh hot coffee and/or tea to you when we serve you breakfast. There is a microwave, stove, toaster, refrigerator and all the basic kitchen supplies you'll need to cook dinner, should you choose to dine in.
This space is perfect for honeymooners and for couples that want complete privacy.
$229 + tax double occupancy (2 people max)| nightly - 10% discount for 3 night stay or longer
With large bay windows, this bright, airy, spacious room provides a comfortable place where you can relax. Furnished with wonderful 1870's walnut antiques, featuring a comfortable queen size bed and a large private full bath with tub and shower. The marble sink is dropped into an antique walnut commode, with its matching walnut mirror. A makeup/shaving mirror, bottled water, and hair drier are provided. Leather arm chairs are perfect for relaxing or reading a book. Extra pillows are located in the antique walnut armoire, where you can also hang your clothes and store your luggage. There is a beautiful walnut dresser as well. The room has lots of lighting, both from the natural light coming through the large windows, and from reading lamps in the room.
$149 + tax double occupancy nightly - 10% discount for a three night or longer stay
This large, bright room with knotty pine walls and a natural pine floor features an antique oak-leaf carved bed with a queen-size mattress. The room is designed based on Norwegian and Swedish homes, with the pine wood stained the red and blue colors typical of Norway, and the bathroom painted the bright yellow seen in Sweden.
The room features antique furnishings that you will enjoy: a two-person spa whirlpool (with plush bath robes, CD player, and soothing CDs), an oversized shower in the bathroom, and double sink vanity featuring knotty pine countertops.
Atrium doors lead to a balcony that has a table and chairs overlooking the patio and fountain — providing a perfect place to read a book, enjoy a beverage, or simply gaze at the stars on a cool, clear night. The river birch trees are now tall enough to provide shade and privacy.
Two major amenities that have been added to the Scandinavian Room include a flat-screen TV/DVD player with cable service mounted so that it rotates towards the bed, should you want to enjoy a particular show or DVD. We do not provide DVDs, so bring your favorite(s) with you. In addition, we have now added a Keurig single cup coffee maker in your room! This will make it easy for you to have your first cup of coffee in the morning without having to go downstairs.
A hand-made Nisse doll watches over you as you sleep, perched on the chest of drawers near your bed. Pleasant dreams!
$189 + tax double occupancy (2 people max) - 10% discount for a 3 night stay or longer
This unique, spacious third floor suite is a large open space featuring warm, simple Amish made furniture and 2 full-size (double) beds. Handmade traditional quilts from the local Amish are used in this room. Knotty pine covers the many angles of the Victorian roof; the center of the room is over 17 feet from floor to ceiling! The room is cooled with central air conditioning and a ceiling fan in the summer and two wall heaters in the winter. Comfy!
Overlook the lawn and treetops, feel the soft carpet beneath your toes as you curl up with a good book, watch cable TV or a movie from our selection of DVD's and videos, or just take a nap. It's so incredibly quiet up there! This is a perfect place to gather with your friends to chat, enjoy a beverage and snacks before going out to dinner or the theatre, play cards, or watch a movie together.... so many choices! There is a large, private bathroom with shower, a small refrigerator for your favorite beverages, and plenty of storage space for your stay. Of course we provide a hair dryer in the bathroom, and there are various board games for you to choose from. Seating includes a large couch, an Amish built glider chair with footrest, and a round dining table with 6 chairs available in the room. Extra blankets and quilts are stored in the flip-top Amish bench at the top of the stairs.
We have now added a Keurig single cup coffee maker in your room! This will make it easy for you to have your first cup of coffee in the morning without having to go downstairs. Y
$179 +tax double occupancy (2 people max.) - a 10% discount available for 3 night stay or longer
The Heather Suite has oak floors, antique oak and ash furniture, and a very comfortable queen-size bed that has no footboard (perfect for tall people!). There is a beautiful ivory chenille bedspread and pillow shams. The room's bay windows overlook the fountain and pond in the garden below. In the window is a handmade stained glass piece given to us by two of our guests who loved this room. There are two large antique oak chairs that were once part of a set located in a Freemason's Meeting Hall. The oak record cabinet has space for you to store some clothes.
The bathroom is quite large (it was once the maid’s bedroom), and features a sink dropped into an antique oak mirrored chest of drawers.
Enjoy the new rain shower recently added to the two-person whirlpool! It’s beautiful!
There is a hair drier, bath salts, bottled water, a CD player with Celtic music CD's, robes for both of you, and plush extra large bath towels. The closet has lots of storage for your clothes. Relax in the wonderful whirlpool, and then pleasant dreams!
$169 + tax double occupancy (2 max.)| - a 10% discount is available for a 3 night stay or longer
This two-room suite has hardwood floors, bay windows, a queen size bed and an adjoining reading room. In addition, the room has its own private 2nd floor porch where you can enjoy the afternoon breeze and watch all the birds at the fountain or on the feeders in the yard.
Decorated in rich Queen Anne cherry furniture, this charming suite offers a private bathroom with a shower nestled into what was once the medication dispensing room when this large room served as the hospital baby nursery and labor/delivery room. There is a hair drier, and a shaving/makeup mirror located in the cabinet over the pedestal sink, as well as bottled water and clock radio. There are extra pillows in the antique armoire where you can store your clothes.
The sitting room was originally Mr. Habberstad's private study. It is now joined to the bedroom by a large doorway. Two recliners provide a wonderful reading area.
$159 + tax double occupancy (2 people max) - a 10% discount is available for a 3 night or longer stay
- A two-night stay that includes a Friday and a Saturday is required on weekends May through the end of October. Take advantage of our 10% discount for a 3 night stay by adding a Thursday or Sunday night to your stay.
- Room rates and policies are subject to change without notice.
- We accommodate no more than two people per room.
- Check in is available between 4-6 PM. Early check in, luggage drop-off and access to the property are NOT available prior to 4 PM. It is most convenient for our main house guests, and respectful of our neighbors if our guests park their cars on our side of the street in front of our house while you go biking, shopping or to the theater prior to check-in. LATE CHECK-IN must be discussed ahead of time with us, so that we can ensure we are available. Please telephone us (or e-mail us) if you are going to be later than 4-6 PM.
- Check-out is by 11 AM. A fee may be charged for late check-out.
- The Habberstad House is smoke-free. There is no smoking, and no burning of candles or incense indoors or outdoors.
- Children 12 and over are welcome, but please note that our rooms only accommodate 2 people.
- Sorry, no pet guests are allowed under any circumstances other than approved service dogs.
- The back patio, located between our Carriage House and our back door, is private, for our use, only. We ask that our guests respect our privacy.
- The Habberstad House bans hand guns on the property.
- The Habberstad House reserves the right to expel guests who are disruptive or destructive, without refund of room rent.
- A rental discount of 10% is available for a 3 night or longer stay in the same room.
- Confirmations are sent via e-mail.
Payment, Cancellations and Changes to Reservations
- The one difficult thing about our business is dealing with late cancellations, which affect us and our guests greatly. We have a full 8 day cancellation/change of date policy for up to two rooms being rented. Three and four room rentals require a full 15 day cancellation/change of date notice. Whole house rentals (5 rooms or more) have a full 30 day cancellation/change of date requirement, and include a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 that will be applied towards the rental. Late changes or cancellation will result in a full charge with no exceptions, unless we are able to rent your room to another party.
- Cancellation should be done by phoning us at 507-467-3560 or sending us an e-mail at habrstad@acegroup. cc. All cancelation/change notifications must have been received by us to be considered valid. A cancellation is not considered valid unless it has been received and acknowledged by us with a return e-mail and/or a return phone call.
- The same cancellation/change of date policies apply to guests using a gift certificate or gift card. The full room rental and taxes will be charged to your credit card.
- For cancellations/change of dates made with more than the full required notice period, the reservation will be entirely cancelled, and no charge or fees will be made to the credit card.
- We accept Bed and Breakfast.com, Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Association and Lanesboro Chamber of Commerce gift certificates/gift cards.
- Visa, American Express, Discover or Master Card credit card information will be obtained when you are making a reservation. Your card will not be charged for your stay until you check in, at which time we will swipe your card through our machine. Payment in the form of traveler’s checks, personal checks or cash will also be accepted for the balance due.
- Cancellation policies are reviewed either verbally with the guest at the time the reservation is made by telephone, or in the process of making a reservation online, or via e-mail in the confirmation letter. It can also be viewed here on our website. Guests who secure a reservation accept the terms of the policies.
- A 10.875% combination of Minnesota sales tax, Lanesboro city tax and Lanesboro lodging tax are added to your bill.
- All rooms accommodate 2 people, and room rates are based on double occupancy. However, in case of exceptions, an additional charge of $25 per person per day is charged.
- A fee may be charged for any damage to or loss of Habberstad House property.