Table Of Contents
Gracious hospitality awaits you at every turn. From a welcoming smile at the door, the thoughtful amenities in each guest room and a delicious breakfast every morning, your visit is designed for pure relaxation.
This bed & breakfast inn features a beautiful spacious whirlpool suite; large bedrooms with private baths; beverages and home-made snacks available and a relaxing wrap-around screened porch with white wicker furniture are just a few of the delights at this romantic bed & breakfast.
Any time of the year, Whitehall, Michigan and the surrounding White Lake area serve as the perfect base to explore all that Michigan's shoreline has to offer. From numerous outdoor activities like golf, biking or boating, to theater and museums, shopping, dining, and gorgeous sunsets at Lake Michigan, there is an unending array of things to see, do or experience in the beautiful White Lake area. From the White Swan Inn B&B, walk to charming shops, a wonderful assortment of restaurants, take in a play or concert at the Howmet Playhouse theater across the street, bike the Hart-Montague or White Lake Pathway bike trail or stroll along White Lake to visit the World's Largest Weathervane.
Since 1995, White Swan Inn B&B has been an inspected and approved member of Michigan Lake to Lake B&B Assoc., the premier bed and breakfast association in the state of Michigan. The association regularly inspects members for cleanliness, hospitality and professionalism, and expects members to meet the highest standards for customer satisfaction. Read the reviews of other guests at TripAdvisor and BedandBreakfast.com Rest assured that your visit to White Swan Inn B&B or Swan Cottage will be a delightful and relaxing experience. Book your visit today!
Cathy and Ron Russell and their cats, Cricket and Max welcome you -
"We hope that the White Swan Inn will become a favorite relaxing destination."
Come discover the best places to enjoy the wonders of the area.White Swan Inn B&B, a MI Bed and Breakfast offers year 'round accommodations for guests. Whatever the season, comfortable guest rooms and relaxing common areas allow you to slow down and enjoy a less hectic pace. Wander to the screen porch and spend a lazy afternoon with a favorite book or just watch the world pass by. Off-street parking for your car, plus there is even a carriage house for secure bicycle storage.
White Swan Inn B&B, a Michigan Bed and Breakfast is located in the charming White Lake Area. When staying at this MI Bed and Breakfast, relax in the resort atmosphere without the shoulder-to-shoulder crowds. Connected by bike/walking paths along the shore of White Lake, the twin towns of Whitehall and Montague offer numerous events throughout the year that will entice you to participate in the charm of small-town life.
Let this Bed and Breakfast be your guide to the perfect choices for delicious dining,
quaint shops, adventure activities, secluded beaches and scenic trails.
- "What a great place to gather with old friends and relive past fun times and
- createnew ones." Liberty, MO
- "We are so impressed by your B&B, hospitality, and fine cooking." San Francisco, CA
- "...some wonderful smells coming from Cathy's kitchen - one can only imagine the good things that await." Port Huron, MI
- "Thank you again for a most exquisite stay!" Chicago, IL
What could easier than calling the White Swan Inn and having details worked out regarding your travel plans? Want to play golf, tour a lighthouse, spend the day biking, or some other fun activity? Here are great packages combining lodging at the White Swan Inn, food and fun! Need something different, contact me for other ideas.
- Uncrowded beaches at Lake Michigan
- Canoe or kayak the White River
- Play great golf courses
- Bike the 25-mile paved Hart-Montague Trail
- Charter fishing and boating
- Nature trails
- Horseback riding
- Theater/concerts at the historic Howmet Playhouse
- Fabulous sunsets at Lake Michigan
- Unique shops and art galleries
- Lighthouse tours
- Farmer's Market and winery tours
- Outdoor concerts and parades
- Art fairs and festivals
- Cross-country skiing on groomed trails
- Luge run and snowmobile trails
- Ice fishing and ice boating
- Jeep tours and Silver Lake Dunes
- Michigan's Adventure Amusement Park
How To Find Us
- Take US 31 to the Whitehall / Montague exit #128
- When you get off the exit, stay to the right and you will be heading West
- Go to the 3rd traffic light, which will be in downtown Whitehall
- Turn left at the light onto Mears Ave., go approximately 2 blocks and the White Swan Inn will be located on your left at 303 S. Mears
- Pull in the driveway and off-street parking is on the south side (grassy area) of the driveway, marked by signs stating "Guest Parking"
- Take I-94 East to I-196/US 31 North to Holland
- Approaching Holland, take the US 31 North (to Muskegon) exit
- Continue north on US 31 through Holland and Grand Haven to Muskegon. Exit #128 and follow directions above
From Detroit and points east:
- Take I-96 West to Muskegon
- Take US 31 North exit. Travel about 20 miles North on US 31. Exit #128 and follow directions above
From Lake Express Ferry:
- From the ferry dock parking area, turn left at stop sign onto Lakeshore Dr
- Follow Lakeshore which becomes Laketon at the curve for approx. 4.5 miles to US 31
- Pass under US 31 and take the US 31 North exit, immediately to the right after you go under the highway
- Follow US 31 North about 15 miles
- Exit #128 and follow directions above.
From Muskegon (MKG) Airport:
- Leaving the parking area, turn left onto Ellis Rd. and then immediately turn right at the next street
- Follow to the stop sign at Sternberg Rd. turn left
- Take Sternberg to US 31 North. Follow US 31 north to exit #128
- Follow directions above