The Rocking Horse Inn Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The brick home, known as The Rocking Horse Inn, is a fourteen... ... room home which sits proudly on a hill on two and one half acres. The "Baker's Dozen" of Things to Do in the Area...
- Fremont Outlet, Fremont, Indiana - 35 minutes
- Michigan Speedway (Nascar/Indy), Irish Hills - 25 minutes
- Allen Antique Capital, Allen - 25 minutes
- Hillsdale College Campus, Hillsdale - 10 minutes
- Lost Nations State Game Reserve, Pittsford/Osseo - 1 mile
(Hiking & walking - Legend has it horse thief, Silas Doty, hid his horses in caves there. See if you can find the caves!)
- Hillsdale County Fair, Hillsdale - 10 minutes (Last week in September)
- Grosvenor House Museum, Jonesville - 20 minutes (Tour the Victorian home rich in history)
- Community Theater, Jonesville - 20 minutes
- Will Carleton's Poorhouse, Hillsdale - 10 minutes (Will Carleton's birthplace)
- Shipshewana Flea Market/Shops, Shipshewana, IN - 1 hour
- Hidden Lake Gardens, Tipton - 35 minutes
- Lakes, small and large, for fishing, skiing, and swimming. Hiking, biking and walking in the area and, of course, shopping!
- Golf Courses: Many golf courses in the area from 10 minutes to 40 minutes away. "Golf Digest" rates Concord Hills Golf Course one of the most beautiful golf courses in the U.S. with its rolling hills and breathtaking views. We can call for your tee times.
A Little History
James Leonardson came to Pittsford from Montgomery, New York in 1843. He purchased 80 acres of unbroken forest land, built a log cabin, then returned to the Toledo area where his new bride (Lucinda) waited with relatives. They came back by Michigan Railroad to their new holdings. They slept at first without the protection of doors and windows.
In early life, James was a Whig in politics. Later in life he was one of the founders of the Republican party. James was a member of the republican party's first convention held under the Oaks at Jackson, Michigan. During the Civil War, he was a U.S. Deputy Provost Marshall.
James built the brick home for retirement where he and Lucinda celebrated their golden wedding anniversary.
A full breakfast, served between 8:20 a.m. and 10 a.m., unless otherwise specified. On nice summer mornings breakfast may be served outside on the beautiful wraparound porch. Gift Certificates Available
Club or Corporate Meetings: Up to 10 people for 2 hours $50; Up to 20 people for 1/2 day $100
A.M. includes: coffee, tea, muffins; P.M. includes: coffee, tea, cookies
- (lunch available at extra charge)
- (tax & gratuities included)
Rocking Horse Room
Garden Gate Room
Garden Gate Room has a full size bed and bath with shower.
Leonardson Room has a queen size bed and bath with shower.