Port City Victorian Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Come and indulge your senses at Port City Victorian Inn Bed & Breakfast, our four-time Award Winning Bed & Breakfast Inn; located along the bluffs of Muskegon Lake. We have been honored and recognized for:"Most Historical Charm”; Best for “Honeymoon and Anniversary ” and two-time winner for “Best in the Mid-West”!
You will feel as if you have stepped through a time portal as you enter through the doors of what once was Alexander Rodgers, Sr.'s 1877 Queen Anne Style Victorian mansion.
Today, this beautiful 138 year-old, five bedroom home proudly welcomes guests to enjoy its old world elegance, grace and charm which characterizes this splendid vintage turn-of-the-century-mansion.
Port City Victorian Inn is located off the bluff of Muskegon Lake - just minutes from the downtown business district, Lake Michigan, and across the lake from the Muskegon State Park Winter Sports Complex.
The exquisite grand entryway features detailed workmanship evident in the beautifully carved posts and spindles of the all natural oak wood stair case and paneling.
The front parlor has large curved and leaded glass windows overlooking Muskegon Lake and Lakeshore Yacht Harbor. The upper level offers you a large rooftop balcony with a park view and a cozy TV room overlooking Muskegon Lake.
Also featured are two expansive luxurious honeymoon suites with lake views and two-person private whirlpool baths. Three other guest rooms are elegantly decorated, each with their own special romantic flavor, and have their own private bathrooms. All five are air conditioned and are elaborately endowed with the flair of the Victorian era.
The Port City Victorian Inn provides perfect ambiance when you need:
- An intimate wedding or honeymoon
- Executive business meetings
- Formal reception
- Group meetings
- Parties: anniversary, birthdays, weddings or baby showers
- Trips or retreats
- Victorian Christmas
- Just any special occasion
Area Attractions and Activities
- Muskegon County Museum
- Muskegon Art Gallery
- Historic Hackley Public Library (rare copy of the Book of Kells)
- Heritage Landing
- Port City Princess Cruise Ship
- L.C. Walker Arena and Conference Center (home of Muskegon's Fury Professional Hockey Team)
- Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts
- West Michigan's Cherry County Playhouse
- Muskegon Civic Theater
- West Shore Symphony Orchestra
- Historic Hackley and Hume home sites
- State Parks and white sandy beaches
- Pere Marquette Park
- U.S.S. Silversides
- Charter boat fishing
- Olympic luge run where Mark Grimmette, Olympic bronze medalist winner, trained.
- Cross country skiing
- Ice skating, tobogganing
- Ice fishing
Just a Short Drive Away
- Michigan's Adventure Amusement Park
- Muskegon Race Course
- Craig's Cruisers Family Fun Park
- Gillette Visitor Center in P.J. Hoffmaster State Park
Enjoy a scenic tour on Muskegon's own trolley which visits the Muskegon Mall, our many beaches, state parks and amusement centers. Or take a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride to and from downtown marinas, restaurants, convention centers and offices. Perfect for weddings and special events.
Awards & Accreditation
Inn Travelers Awards
- Most Historical Charm
- Best for Honeymoon and Anniversary
- Best in the Midwest
- Books of Lists Award
- Michigan Green Lodging
- Michigan Business Travelers
- Business Women Travelers
Hospitality - The Old Fashioned Way
- Port City Victorian Inn is a member of Michigan's WestShore Bed & Breakfast Association, an inspected and approved member of Michigan's Lake to Lake Bed & Breakfast Association and is rated 2-diamonds by AAA.
- Ferry-Lake Express High Speed Ferry (866) 914-1010
- Private Jets Executive Air Transport (888) 844-2359
- Whirlybirds (888) 325-7177
- Muskegon County Airport (231)798-4596
- The MuskegonTrolley Co (stops out front) (231) 798-1546
- Bus Service (Greyhound Bus Lines)(800) 231-2222
- Port City Cab Company (231) 739-7161
- Muskegon Area Transit Sys (231) 724-6420
- Great Lakes Shuttle Service (231) 830-9500
How to Find Us
Coming in from south (I-96)
- Keep on business 31 north (Seaway Drive) to Laketon Avenue or Southern
- Turn left, heading west, until it ends at Lakeshore Drive
- Turn right to 1259 Lakeshore Drive
Coming in from the north (M-131)
- Take M-46 exit west, which is Apple Avenue as you get into Muskegon
- Turn left at Webster, heading south until you come to Southern or Laketon Avenue
- Turn right, heading west, until it ends at Lakeshore Drive. Turn right to 1259 Lakeshore Drive