Table Of Contents
Our three diamond AAA rated Bed and Breakfast is conveniently located to miles of white, sandy Lake Michigan beach, four lighthouses, spectacular sunsets, The S.S. Badger car ferry to Wisconsin and Michigan's most beautiful state park. Shopping and restaurants are within walking distance, as is the Ludington Are Center for the Arts.
Customer service is extremely important to us and we believe that we can best meet your individual needs if we talk to you. We offer online booking for those who prefer the convenience, but please do not hesitate to call us with questions or concerns.
The Lamplighter is the B&B of choice for travelers who want to step back in time to experience Victorian style and elegance without losing touch with the comforts and conveniences of today. Cable television, air conditioning and wireless internet reside happily alongside our 1894 architecture and antique furnishings to assure you the best of both worlds.
Our renowned breakfast by candle light is prepared and served with attention to detail that will delight your senses and bring you back again and again. Let us know ahead and we will take allergies and dietary restrictions into consideration.
Water sports, hiking, biking, golfing, antiquing, horseback riding, dune riding, and a host of special events, make Ludington one of the Midwest's top vacation spots and whatever the reason, whatever the season, innkeepers Bill and Jane Carpenter will make your stay in Ludington a memory to treasure.
The Lamplighter has a total of five guest rooms, all of which have modern private baths with showers, air conditioning and cable televisions. Two of our rooms, The Renoir and The Monet, have their own Jacuzzis. The four rooms located on the second floor have Queen beds. The Monet, which is located on the first floor, has a King bed. Each room is unique and each room has become the favorite of repeating guests as a result of its particular characteristics. We have described them here to help you choose based on your own needs.
Ludington All Year!- For a comprehensive list of yearlong Ludington activities, visit the Ludington Chamber of Commerce website at: www.ludington.org
- Catch the Sunset - Stearns Park Beach. Schedule everything else around it because you don't want to miss it!
- The Ludington State Park - 8 miles north of Ludington: 4,575 acres of natural unspoiled wooded and dune areas; beaches, hiking trails, picnic areas, groomed cross-country ski trails and abundant wildlife; open year round.
- White Pine Village - Journey into Ludington's past by viewing historic buildings dating back as far as 1849, including the chapel, blacksmith shop, fire barn, trapper's cabin, court house, town hall and one-room school house. Visit at: www.historicwhitepinevillage.org
- Lake Michigan Car Ferry - Comfortable and cost effective transportation between Ludington and Manitowoc, Wisconsin. If you don't want to ride it, you still want to watch it dock in the evening! Visit the Car Ferry website at: www.ssbadger.com
- Horseback Riding - Trail riding in Custer at Indian Ridge Stables - Call 231-794-9348 or at Rainbow Ranch in New Era www.rainbowranch-inc.com
- Llama Hikes - Walk a Llama, pet a llama, buy llama wool and teach the Llama to give you a kiss if you are a romantic at heart! A unique vacation experience. www.llamasetc.com
- Ludington Municipal Marina - 150 boat capacity with water, fuel, electricity, rest rooms, pump-out service... everything the crew needs. Only two blocks from downtown.
- Area Lighthouses - Stroll over the causeway to visit the Ludington Lighthouse , take a hike along the beach just north of the State Park to the Big Sable Point Lighthouse, or take a drive south to Little Sable Point Lighthouse. www.splka.org
- Hamlin Lake - Rent a pontoon boat for a day of fun on the water, or fish for perch, walleye, northern pike or many other varieties.
- Public Beaches - Miles of still uncrowded sandy beaches with spectacular sunsets.
- Canoe Rental - Canoe, kayak or raft down the meandering Pere Marquette river near Baldwin. Baldwin Canoe Rental.
- Disc Golf - Try your hand at disc golf! Mason County Park offers three 24-hole courses at a variety of skill levels: www.ludingtondiscgolf.com
- Dune Rides - For the ride of your life, visit Parrots Landing www.parrotslanding.com or if you less of a thrill seeker take the scenic MacWoods Ride www.macwoodsdunerides.com
Little River Casinos - Where winning is the name of the game.
Visit the website: www.littlerivercasinos.com