Pine Ridge Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
"A grand log lodge with rustic charm and first class amenities."
Pine Ridge, originally established as Pine Haven Lodge, was built in 1948 and operated for years as a historic hunting and fishing lodge. It's creator solely built the enormous log structure, as well as much of it's furniture and fixtures, and most of his work remains in tact today! The current proprietors, Doug and Suzan Stiles, while modernizing the facilities, have worked to maintain the simple comforts that were so indicative of the old north woods camps. Pine Ridge is still a "kick your feet up on the furniture," "warm yourself by the fieldstone fireplace," and "wake to the aroma of coffee and biscuits" kind of establishment! Casual, cozy, comfortable, and ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
Area Attractions for Large Groups
FAMILY, CORPORATE & ORGANIZED EVENTSPine Ridge Lodge offers a unique and convenient location for event planning for up to 19 individuals. Our main lodge can sleep up to 14, with another 5 being accommodated in the separate cabin facility. Breakfast is always included in your stay, and additional meals can be arranged.There is plenty of meeting space in our common areas, a dining table that can seat all participants together, as well as a living area and recreation room for less structured gatherings. Activities onsite include cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hot-tubbing, billiards, darts, bonfire pit, or just relaxing by the fireplace with a good book or enjoying the outdoor swing.There are an endless amount of activities in the area, all within minutes of Pine Ridge Lodge. Garland Resort offers 72 holes of the most beautiful and challenging golf in the State of Michigan and they're just four miles up the road. All branches of the AuSable River are easily accessed within five to fifteen minutes of the Lodge, offering the absolute best fly-fishing and canoeing experiences in the Midwest. Thousands of acres of State Land can be accessed nearby, providing exceptional hunting opportunities, elk viewing, Kirtland Warbler sightings, morel mushroom hunting, boating, biking, sleigh rides, et cetera.Let us help you plan your event! When your group contacts us we will assist you with scheduling and reserving your events and excursions and/or help you plan your activities in-house or at any of the other locations you wish to visit. Call us at 989-786-4789 to discuss current pricing, group rates and available services.
LEARN FROM EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS
Our instructional staff is headed by Federation of Fly Fishers Casting Instructors Board of Governors member John Van Dalen. The manager of Little Forks Outfitters, John has been introducing anglers to the sport of fly fishing for over thirty-five years. John will be joined by well-known author and expert angler Bob Linsenman and other experienced fly casting instructors. Groups are limited so everyone gets personal attention from the instructional staff. Emphasis is on learning in a relaxed and fun setting.
TEST YOUR SKILLS ON THE AUSABLE
Our schools are conducted in the Mio & Lewiston, Michigan areas, right in the heart of the AuSable river country. Some of the best trout fishing in the mid-west can be had here, and we will be spending some instruction time on the fabled AuSable, as well as private stocked trout ponds. You will gain experience in actual fishing conditions, as well as intensive personal casting instruction. You will enjoy the thrill and satisfaction of learning the art of fly angling, with easy access to all three branches of the AuSable.
Orvis rods and reels will be provided for your use in class, as well as a selection of flies to try out your new skills!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN OUR 3-DAY FLY-FISHING SCHOOL
Basic fly casting
- loop control
- roll cast
- specialty casts
- Introduction to fly tackle
- The bugs trout eat
- Basic fly selection
- dry flies
- nymphs/wet flies
- River etiquette
- Trout stream ecology
Current 2013 School Dates:
- May 10-12
- Cost: $495 - Includes meals,lodging and all the equipment you will need except waders.
(Please inquire early! Other dates can be added as classes fill.)
- Basic fly casting
How to Find Us
- Traveling North on I-75:
- Take exit #202. Head north on M-33, passing through Rose City and into Mio. At the stop light in Mio turn left onto M-72 heading west. Go approximately 8 miles to Luzerne. At the flashing light in Luzerne turn right onto County Road 489, heading north. Go approximately 10 miles - see Pine Ridge sign on your right. Turn east down Pine Haven Road - 1/4 mile to driveway on right.
- Traveling North on US-27:
- Take exit #254 into Grayling. At the first traffic light turn right (east) on M-72. Go 22 miles to Luzerne. Turn left (north) on County Road 489. Go approximately 10 miles - see Pine Ridge sign on your right. Turn east down Pine Haven Road - 1/4 mile to driveway on right.
- Traveling South on I-75:
- Take exit #282 into Gaylord. Drive east on M-32 approximately 20 miles to County Road 491. Turn right (south) and go approximately 7 miles to the stop sign in Lewiston. Pass straight through the stop sign and the road turns into 489. Continue south on 489 another 10 miles to Pine Haven Road. Turn left (east) - 1/4 mile to driveway on the right.
Rooms and Amenities
Each bedroom features a different style log bed and unique decor.
All guest bedrooms are on the second floor. The downstairs is a common area with a natural stone fireplace, pool table, wet-bar, dart board, large screen television and VCR and a dining area that sets up to 16 individuals. These amenities make Pine Ridge Lodge an excellent location for family reunions, weddings, work retreats or conferences, holiday gatherings and romantic couples get-aways. There is also an outdoor hot-tub, bonfire pit and horseshoes. For groups of 8 or more, additional meals and/or cookouts can be arranged.
Room #1: Double bed with private bath. Single - $74; Double - $89
Room #2: Double bed with shared bath. Single - $60; Double - $75
Room #3: Double bunks with shared bath. Single - $60; Double - $75
Room #4: Queen bed with private bath. Single - $83; Double - $98
Room #5: Queen bed with private bath. Single - $83; Double - $98
Room #6: Twin beds with shared bath. Single - $60; Double - $75
Room #7: Double bed with shared bath. Single - $60; Double - $75
Cabin: One bedroom facility with a queen, double and twin size beds, full kitchen, bath and living and dining area. (No meals provided). $75 per night for the first two people and $10 per person thereafter.
- 50% deposit required within 5 days of making reservations
14 day notice of cancellation on a single room
60 day notice if reserving entire lodge
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, cash and check for payment.
- Add 6% Michigan sales tax to rates
- No pets please
- Restricted smoking
- Children under one year old stay free
- Check-in after 4:00 p.m.; check-out before 1:00 p.m.