Table Of Contents
Sheridan on the Lake, a contemporary cedar shake architecturally designed home, is nestled in pine, oak and birch trees on the shore of the beautiful Portage Lake . We are located at the gateway to Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula , Isle Royale National Park and the new Keweenaw National Historical Park.
Start your day with a hot cup of coffee on your private deck overlooking the lake or out on the dock watching the sunrise. After a full breakfast served in our Four Seasons glass sunroom, take a leisurely walk or bike ride on the trail just out the front door. Stroll in our flower and herb gardens or sit on a bench near our small pond. In the afternoon try a round of golf at the beautiful 18 hole golf course 2 blocks away. End your day with an outdoor Finnish sauna and a dip in the lake.
- 16 reviews of Sheridan On The Lake B & B in Houghton
- Sheridan On The Lake B & B
TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #1 of 3 B&Bs in Houghton
- TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Based on 16 traveler reviews
© 2013 TripAdvisor LLC
- Most Recent Traveler Reviews:
- Sep 9, 2013: “What a great place to stay, Sheridan On The Lake B&B. Our Loft over the garage...” more
- Sep 4, 2013: “This is the first review I have written for a b&b on here but I was...” more
- Sep 2, 2013: “Arrived at the B and B -- a little difficult to find but once there --...” more
- Aug 17, 2013: “Location and grounds are to die for. Hosts were super people. Meals were excellent and well...” more
Think of the many things you could do in the Keweenaw Peninsula while staying at Sheridan on the Lake B&B.
- Ten (10) miles of walking / biking trails out front door
- Keweenaw Excursions, Inc. (906) 482-0884 for Portage Lake daily cruises & dinner
- A.E. Seaman Mineral Museum at MTU
- Waterfront concerts - Houghton City Park
- Walking tour - Keweenaw Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- Keweenaw Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Isle Royale National Park - Leave out of Houghton on the Ranger III (906) 482-0984
- Keweenaw National Historical Park - See the heritage of copper mining on the Keweenaw Peninsula - Also known as the “Copper Country"
- Keweenaw Under Water Preserve
- Keweenaw Water Trail - North shoreline of beautiful & rugged Lake Superior
- Calumet Theatre
- Golf at Michigan Technological University Portage Lake Golf Course - two blocks away
- Quincy Steam Hoist, Shaft House, Tram Ride & Underground Mine Tours - Features the worlds largest steam hoist.
- Copper Harbor
- Houghton County Historical Museum Complex
- Lighthouses, beaches, golf courses, winter skiing (downhill & cross country), snow mobiling, antiquing and fishing charters out onto Lake Superior for whitefish, lake trout & salmon.
- And much much more
Please visit our web site for more information.