Village Park Bed & Breakfast and Retreat Center
Table Of Contents
Just 5 in a half miles Northeast of Grand Haven in the quaint village of Fruitport. A getaway weekend is a wonderful time to relax and indulge yourself at the Village Park Bed & Breakfast. Just across the street guests can picnic and stroll through Panoma Park. The park offers a boat launch to enjoy Spring Lake that has access to Lake Michigan. There is a pedestrian/bike path that begins at the park and circles Spring Lake. We offer complimentary bikes. Hoffmaster State Park with hiking trails is nearby for nature and beach lovers. For our interested guests, we have free wireless internet.
Enjoy the relaxing common living room with a fireplace which is an ideal place for reading, quiet conversation or planning a day of activities. Home-style breakfasts are served in the adjoining dining room or on the deck that overlooks the park and gardens. Wake up to the aroma of fresh brewed coffee followed by a full breakfast that includes fresh fruit, orange juice, sausage or bacon with such specialities as blueberry muffinns, cherry scones, french toast with ginger peach sauce, breakfast casseroles, and other great dishes.
The individuality of the six guest rooms will delight you; all have private baths and room air conditioners. Four of the rooms have their own in-room private bathroom; 2 rooms have own private bath off hallway. All the guest rooms are redecorated in a very unique style with cottage victorian accents and wonderful colors and refreshing looks.
Click here for room descriptions and rates.
Gift Certificates are available! Group & Business Retreats are Welcome..
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Wayne & Carole Mejeur for sharing their secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Many are return visitors, who have enjoyed their stay.
What are you best known for?
We are best known for our delicious breakfasts.
What makes your inn unique?
What make us unique is that we are in a small quaint village just 5 miles from Grand Haven and 7 miles from Muskegon, which are popular tourist places.
What do you love most about your inn?
What we love about our inn is that it was built in the 1870s and has a lot of history.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
The history of Fruitport.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The breakfasts, the cleanliness, and the decor.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Rumors have it that John Dillenger would hide out in the home in the underground tunnels and store his booze in the basement.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
There are many things to do in Grand Haven and Muskegon that are on the beach on Lake Michigan that can entertain them more than a 4 day stay. For example: Shopping, antiquing, museums, touring ships and submarine, touring historic homes, beaches, festivals, state parks, theater, etc.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Panoma Park and Spring Lake, which are directly across the street from our inn.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
There are many excellent local restaurants in the area. Our favorites are Hearthstone, The Lake House, & Portabella.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
6 rooms plus a retreat center.
Do you accept pets?
No pets allowed. There are local kennels, of which we have no recommendations.
- Rates are based on double occupancy and include breakfast. There is a $20.00 per night extra charge for each additional person.
- To confirm your reservation we ask that you hold your room with a credit card.
- If you cancel within 7 days of your arrival date or don't show, we reserve the right to make a charge of $70 per night for the nights reserved unless we can re-rent your room.
- Our guest bedrooms accommodate either one or two people.
- No pets allowed.
- We honor your Visa, Mastercard or personal check.
- Taxes will be added to your room charge.
- Breakfast is included.
- Check in time is from 5 to 7 PM on weekends, by arrangement on weekdays. If you can not arrive between those times please contact us.
- Check-out time is at 11 A.M.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on premises for the comfort of all our guests. All guest rooms are equipped with smoke detectors and we ask that you refrain from using any potential fire hazard items.
- Convenient off-street parking is provided in our lot.
- We offer high speed wireless internet, bicycles, and outdoor hot tub.
How to Find Us
- From I-96...Grand Rapids
- Take exit 5, turn left on Fruitport Road which ends at the park, turn right and go to the stoplight then turn left on Park Street.
- From I-96...Muskegon
- Take exit 4, proceed south on Third Street (The main street) to the second stoplight and turn right on Park Street.
- From US 31...Grand Haven
- Go north over the drawbridge to the Van Wagoner Road exit and turn right. Go to the first corner and turn left on 168th. The road changes names and becomes Park Street as you enter the village of Fruitport.