Indescribable views along with historic furnishings accent the Lincoln Room overlooking Lake Michigan. This upper level room themed in the Lincoln era, offers a high four poster queen bed and a connecting sitting room with a marble fireplace, flat screen TV, DVD player and antique writing desk. Has a private bath with a standard size whirlpool tub.
The President and Mrs. Ford have slept in this room. Themed around President Ford and President Reagan, and has china from 12 previous Presidents decorating part of the room. Has a southerly view of Lake Michigan. By night, the brass queen bed, the warmth of the fireplace and the sound of the waves lapping on the shore will carry you off to dream land. Or you may treat yourself to that long awaited novel or soak away stress in your standard size whirlpool tub. The connecting sitting room has a flat screen TV with DVD player, table and sofa.
Breathtaking views from all rooms. Enjoy our spacious lawn with majestic shade trees and rest in one of our hammocks, or sit on one of the many decks with views from the Grand Haven Pier to Holland. Relax on our beach chairs or under one of the many beach umbrellas. Or just sit at the overlook directly on the edge of the dune. Also, you may relax and curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book from our vast library.
Take a rendezvous with history as you see a genuine locks of hair from George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy. Look at Harry Truman's Bible used at the swearing in ceremonies of his cabinet. There are signed documents from Lincoln, Madison, Monroe and Jackson, with letters from FDR, Buchanan, Fillmore, Harding, Garfield, Hoover, Taft, W.H. Harrison, Ford, Reagan, Bush and many more. Also, the last signature as President of both Truman and Bush.
Enjoy the original Chicago Daily Tribune "Dewey Defeats Truman" newspaper and authentic White House china from Rutherford B. Hayes and Benjamin Harrison. Golf ball personally used by JFK and one of Kennedy's original Wedding Invitations. Authentic silver bullion star from one of Eisenhower's uniforms.
Also see the pen used by LBJ to sign act to establish HUD. Original Senate Gallery ticket to Andrew Johnson's Impeachment proceedings and Impeachment ticket to Bill Clinton's trial. Tickets to Ford's Theater from 1865.
The Washington sitting room offers unprecedented views of Lake Michigan with a fireplace, ample seating, flat screen TV and DVD player and historic bar from the Occidental Hotel.
- Main house accommodations include a continental breakfast and daily refreshments.
- $25 per night premium added for peak weekends
- All rooms must be guaranteed by credit card even if sending a check or using a gift certificate.
- Checks and Cash only accepted. A nominal processing fee will be charged if a credit card is used. We only accept cash/check for final payment.
- $50 off regular rates (Monday through Thursday) from November through April, excluding Holidays.
- Rates subject to change
- Minimum nights stay may be required, with a two night minimum stay on peak weekends.
- Room rates based on single or double occupancy with additional adults/children at $75 per night
- Summer reservations are guaranteed at time of booking, non-cancelable. Summer reservations require payment in full at time of booking.
- Regular rates (non-summer) require a 50% deposit to secure your reservation, (full amount if only one night's stay.) Full payment is due at time of arrival.
- Off-season cancellations prior to 60 days to arrival; deposit is forfeited at least equal to one night's stay for each room reserved. Cancellations with-in 60 days; full lodging amount forfeited.
- Rates subject to a 8% Michigan Sales and Lodging Tax on each room
- Lakeshore Inn highly recommends you purchase trip insurance
- Guest are responsible for all nights reserved, meaning all reservations are guaranteed.
- Check-in 4-6 PM. Please call if you will be arriving after 6:00 PM to receive late check-in procedure.
- Check-out by 11 AM
- For the comfort and safety of our guests, there is absolutely NO smoking anywhere on our grounds.
- $25 key charge for all keys not returned.
- Each room allows for two people use of our facility and our private beach.
- If you are planning to have visitors, there is a $25.00 per day/per person charge for guest privileges.
- Wireless internet connection for your laptop computer.
- Corporate and weekly rates available off season.
- Bicycles, Jet Skis, Wave Runners and Boat rentals nearby.
- Massage Therapist on premises upon request.
- Full rack (peak) rate for Trade First, Trade Network, ITEX and A.O.B. members