Boyden House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to The Boyden House where you'll take a glorious step back in time to the days of gracious and beautiful architectural design and rich construction. Our home is furnished and revamped with an eclectic and contemporary flair through the use of color, granite and tile. Each room is delightfully different and has its own special feel.
Our guests are surrounded with the natural beauty and warmth of our home. A short walk will bring you to our Lake Michigan shoreline, charming restaurants and unique shopping opportunities.
- Hearty, healthy and cuisine served by "candlelight" with private or shared seating.
- A varied menu based on the number of guests and their apparent or spoken dietary needs.
- Yes... we do take special requests.
- We do strive to cater to your appetite and needs.
- Massage Therapist appointment in your room, $75 per hour and available with advance notice in all rooms except The Love Nest and Amber's Room.
- Fully Air Conditioned with separate thermostats for each room Alarm Clock, CD Players, in each room.
- Cable Television and DVD players.
- Guest Kitchen with refrigerator with KlondikeÃ‚Â® Bars in the freezer & Fresh Fruit in the Refrigerator, microwave, ironing board and iron.
- Rooms have their own iron and ironing boards also.
- Hair Dryers in each room.
- Guest Library with "House" laptop computer, comfy sofa, gas fireplace, table and chairsm lots of books, from very old to current novels, art books, biographies, histories.
- There are board games such as dominoes, monopoly, or you can bring your own.
- WiFi to our rooms and common areas.
- Bottled Water and Fresh Fruit in the Guest Frig, wine glasses and tea lights in your room.
- We don't allow dogs, but we have accommodations and care available within a few blocks at a nominal cost.
- Common Areas for our guests are The Guest Library and the Guest Kitchen on the second floor. We have two Dining Areas on the Main Floor and three porches when weather permits. The porches provide a delightful area for breakfast.
Hearty and healthy cuisine served by "candlelight" with private or shared seating.
A varied menu based on the number of guests and their apparent or spoken dietary needs.
Yes... we do take special requests. We do strive to cater to your appetite and needs.
Common Areas for our guests are The Guest Library and the Guest Kitchen on the second floor. We have two Dining Areas on the Main Floor and three porches when weather permits.
The porches provide a delightful area for breakfast.
Grand Haven Attractions
The Grand Haven area has attractions to suit all types of individual preferences ranging from relaxing to active. Our museum, shopping, biking, hiking, water sports, boardwalk and beautiful beaches will satisfy all your needs for adventure, exploration, and relaxation.
Scenic parks, beaches and downtown shopping are within walking distance of our historical Victorian home. Relax and stroll down to the boardwalk for a great view of Lake Michigan.
We welcome you to our home and hope our efforts to create a warm and captivating retreat will make your Grand Haven visit memorable.
Boyden House Bed & Breakfast is a member of Michigan's WestShore Bed & Breakfast Association and is an inspected and approved member of Michigan's Lake to Lake Bed & Breakfast Association.
History of Our Home
Built in 1874.
In 1898, the White family sold the home to Charles Boyden, a lumber baron. He displayed his wares throughout the home by extensive use of butternut, walnut, and cherry woods. In addition to Mr. Boyden's beautiful millworking, he also added the south wing and the elaborate porch. With the decline of the lumber era in 1930, Mr. Boyden sought business interests elsewhere.
The home was then converted to apartments to satisfy the war demands for affordable housing. This decline and subsequent restoration are all part of the intricate and rich history for the Boyden House.
In 1987, Corrie and Berend Snoeyer purchased the home and began the journey of renovation. Over the years much hard work and loving care have been invested. A desire to share this historical beauty with others led to the establishment of the Boyden House Bed and Breakfast.
Positive comments by the neighbors, success as an inn, being named an honorary coast guard station, and numerous other accolades are ample rewards and assure the Boyden House a role in Grand Haven's future.
Your Wedding Package will be tailor made to the vision you paint for us. The days of your event will be created to give you a bond with your family and friends and a beautiful memory of your special day. The Boyden is an eclectic, comfortable and astounding setting that will be sure to please you and afford a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere for you and your guests. We can accommodate up to sixty guests for an event. The Boyden has Seven Guest Rooms for overnight stays which must be booked for an event. Two night stays are required on Weekends. Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall is outstanding here.
How to Find Us
From Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids:
Take I-96 West to M-104 (Exit 9). Take 104 West seven miles to bridge & US-31. Follow US-31 South to Washington St. (3rd light). Turn right on Washington St. follow to South 5th Street. Turn left for 2-1/2 blocks to 301 South 5th Street.
Take I-94 East, past Benton Harbor to US-31/I-196 North. Follow US-31 North to Grand Haven (Do not follow I-196 to Grand Rapids). In Grand Haven make a left turn on Franklin. Take Franklin to South 5th Street. Turn left for 1-1/2 blocks to 301 South 5th Street.