Table Of Contents
Dewey Lake Manor is family-owned business since 1990! At our Brooklyn, Michigan bed and breakfast, feel free to use some or all of the many provided amenities, including a paddle boat, canoe, grills, picnic tables, bonfires, and croquet. There are eighteen acres to wander and a picnic area by the lake shore. Guests can return to the days of old and relax in an aura of yesteryear - a time of lamplight and lace, love songs and flowers, picnics and sunsets.
Our Irish Hills bed and breakfast guest rooms feature comfortable country Victorian decor. A large deck and glass enclosed porch, with a view of the lake, provide a pleasant place to enjoy breakfast or just relax. Other common rooms include a parlor with piano and a sitting room with a bay window overlooking the lake. Enjoy a breakfast of fresh fruit, freshly ground coffees and homemade specialties from the enclosed porch with a view of Dewey Lake.
Now Available! Wi-Fi - High Speed Wireless Internet Access
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Joe and Barb Phillips for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
The location-lake, country, peaceful.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Hospitality; location; location & the house itself.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Our community is not a city for us. In the Irish Hills 52 lakes.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
“You need to stay more than 1 night-you don’t get the essence of the place in just 1 night.”
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
There are things to do besides NASCAR.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit Hidden Lake Gardens, MIS, McCourtie Park, Flavor Fruit Farms, Antique. Walk small towns, or sit in the sun by the lake.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Jerry’s, J.R’s, Evans Street Station, Harold’s.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
Yes, we do accept pets.
Nearby Attractions Irish Hills
- MSU'S Hidden Lake Gardens
- Michigan International Speedway
- Adrian's Croswell Opera House
- Adrian's Historical Museum
- Jackson's Ella Sharp Museum
- Dahlem Environmental Center
- The Cascades
- The Ice Cream Parlour
- Clinton Fall Festival
- Tecumseh Home Tour
- Marshall Home Tour
- McCourtie Park
- Cherry Creek Old Schoolhouse Winery
- Seasonal Railroad Museum
Irish Hills Michigan Calendar of Events
Suagaring & Shearing Festival Ella Sharpe Museum, Jackson (517) 787-2320
Ann Arbor Flower and Garden Show (517) 434-8004
Bluebird Festival, Jackson (517) 782-3453
Hidden Lake Gardens Plant Sale (517) 431-2060
Tecumseh Home Tour (517) 423-3740
Michigan Wine & Beer Fest at MIS
Independence Day - Unite your family at the Manor!
Hot Air Balloon Festival - Jackson 800-245-5282
Ann Arbor Art Fairs (734) 662-3382
Faster Horses Festival at MIS
Jackson County Fair
Civil War Muster - Jackson (800) 245-5282
Ypsilanti Heritage Festival (734) 483-6071
US12 Garage Sale
Marshall Home Tour
Clinton Fall Festival (A fun time)
Big Mitten Fair at MIS over Labor Day weekend
Tough Mudder at MIS
Appleumpkin Festival -Tecumseh
Ann Arbor Winter Art Fair
Ann Arbor Antiques Market
Purple Rose Theatre - Chelsea (313) 475-7902
Dinner Train/Mystery Train (888) 467-2451
Victorian Christmas Open House - Ella Sharp Museum - Jackson 517-787-2320
Hidden Lake Gardens Holiday Open House 2:00-8:00pm more than 1000 luminaries 517-431-2060 Marshall Annual Candle Lite Christmas Walk - Marshall 616-781-5160
Victorian Christmas On The Farm - Waterloo Farm Museum in the heart of Waterloo Recreation Area 517-596-2254
New Years Eve - Fill the house with your friends and have your own private event!
Area Website Links
- Brooklyn Irish-Hills Chamber of Commerce - www.brooklynmi.com
- Lenawee Conference & Visitors Bureau - www.visitlenawee.com
- Southeast Michigan Pioneer Wine Trail - www.pioneerwinetrail.com
- Evans Street Station - www.evansstreetstation.com
- The Chocolate Vault - www.chocolatevault.com
- The Croswell Opera House & Fine Arts Association - www.croswell.org
- The Dahlem Environmental Educational Center - www.dahlemcenter.org
- Ella Sharp Museum - www.ellasharp.org
- US12 Heritage Trail - www.us12heritagetrail.org/paths.asp?pst=av&aid=102
- Oh These Irish Hills! - www.otih.org/
- Cherry Creek Old Schoolhouse Winery - www.cherrycreekwine.com/
- Southern Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association - www.southernmichiganinns.com City of Tecumseh - downtowntecumseh.com
- Tecumseh Center for the Arts - www.thetca.org
- Seasonal Railroad Museum - www.southernmichiganrailroad.com
- Mystery Hill
- Walker Tavern Complex
- St. Joseph's Shrine
Antiquing & Shopping
- CABELA'S - A sports paradise super store, the size of five football fields, with a 42 ft mountain in the center! Only 45 minutes from Dewey Lake Manor