The Sleigh Maker Inn ~ Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Sleigh Maker Inn Bed and Breakfast, an Eastlake Victorian home built in 1893, located in the heart of New England.
The Sleigh Maker Inn offers the romanticism associated with Victorian era yet provides the modern conveniences you've come to expect of many major hotels. The difference, the Sleigh Maker adds its personality and charm.
The Sleigh Maker Inn offers three guest rooms, each with a private en-suite bathroom and queen size bed featuring luxury linens by Comphy Sheets as well as Downlite feather pillows or Downlite down alternative pillows (your choice). The home is decorated in a casual Victorian style. Along with many antiques, The Sleigh Maker provides all modern amenities such as wireless FIOS internet connection and satellite TV.
Each morning a full home-cooked breakfast is served in the formal dining room. Fruits, fresh baked scones or muffins, and a different homemade breakfast favorite is offered each morning. Food Restrictions are not a problem. Refreshments and snacks are always available. The house also offers common areas for your personal relaxation or the opportunity to mingle with other guests. The Innkeepers, Deborah and Jim Bergeron provide a setting that caters to the need of each individual guest .
Experience our lovely patio
Lounge on the Wrap around Porch
Churches in Westborough
Evangelical Congregational, W Main St, 508-366-2314
New Hope Chapel, 30 Milk St, 508-836-4231
Unitarian, 64 W Main St, 508-366-2635
St. Stephen's Episcopal, 3 John St, 508-366-4134
B'Nai Shalom, 117 E Main St, 508-366-7191
Congregational, 8 Church St, 508-366-2000
St. Luke's Roman Catholic, 70 W Main St, 508-366-5502
First United Methodist, 120 W Main St, 508-366-4910
Good Shepherd Lutheran, 183 W. Main St, 508-366-7095
Beth Tikvah Synagogoue-Conservative, 44 Oak St, 508-616-9037
CollegesAssumption College: 500 Salisbury St, Worcester, 01609 1-888-882-7786
Becker College: 61 Sever St.Worcester, 01609 508 791-9241
Clark University: 950 Main St Worcester, 01610 508-793-2011
College of the Holly Cross: 1 College St. Worcester, 01610 508-831-5469
Tufts - Cummings School of Veterinary of Medicine: 200 Westborough Rd, North Grafton 508 839-5302
Worcester Polytechnic Institute: 100 Institute Rd, Worcester, 01609 508-831-5469
Worcester State College : 486 Chandler St, Worcester, 01609 508 929-8000
Other Links Of Interest:
Dining in Westborough.
* are within walking distance to The Sleigh Maker Inn Bed and Breakfast
*Mulligan's Taverne-on-the-Green Westborough Country Club 121 W Main St. 508-366-0207
*Westboro House of Pizza & Grille, , 34-36 E Main St (Rte. 30), 508-366-1500
*Hisa Japanese Cuisine & Sushi Bar, 21 South St, 508-898-9262
Il Forno Authentic Italian Food (BYOB),Italian 30 Lyman St, 508-366-1955
*Rotary Pizza,1 West Main St, 508-366-8111
*Three Jorges III, Chinese, 17 W. Main St. 508-616-0888 r
1790 Restaurant & Tavern, American, Route 9 (Eastbound) 508-366-1707
* Arturo's Ristorante 54 Main St. 508-366-1881
*Westborough Korean Restaurant, 7 E Main St. 508-366-8898
*Sappporo Korean BBQ & Sushi, 50 E Main St. 508-898-1800
*Ted's Montana Grill, 400 Union St, Suite A104, 508-366-5050
*Tavalino's Italian, 33 Main St. 508-366-8600
*Sabatini's Italian & Pizza, 33 South St. 508-366-7112
*South Street Dinner, BYOB, 38 South St. 508-870-0101
*Mandarin Chinese Restaurant, 57 East Main St. 508-366-3991
*Panera Bread, 600 Union St. 508 898-3400
*Christina's Dinner, 20 South St 508-366-7713
Also in Westborough located on Rte 9 there are a number of chain restaurants;
Not Your Average Joe's
Chicago Uno Grill
Gardens and Museums and Entertainment
Westborough Art Gallery, 8 Main Street, Westborough, MA 01581, (508) 870-0110
Tower Hill Botanical Gardens 11 French Drive, PO Box 598, Boylston, MA 01505, Phone: 508.869.6111
Garden in the Woods, New England Wild Flower Society, 180 Hemenway Road, Framingham, MA 01701. 508/877-7630
The DCU Center , 50 Foster St, Worcester, MA 508-755-6800
Calliope Productions – Theatre, 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA 508-869-6887
Higgins Armory Museum Arms and armor. 100 Barber Ave, Worcester, MA 508-853-6015
Ecotarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 508-929-2700
Nashoba Valley Winery, 100 Wattaquadoc Hill Rd. Bolton, MA 978-779-5521
Willard House & Clock Museum, 11 Willard St., No Grafton, MA 508-839-3500
Tougas Farm, 246 Ball St Northborough 8 to 4, 508-393-6406
Enter Stage Left Theatre, 30 Main St, Hopkinton, MA 508-435-2114
The Sleigh Maker Inn is Rich with History
Part of the charm associated with the Sleigh Maker Inn comes from it’s storied past. In 1893, Forrest W. Forbes built this three story Eastlake Victorian home and presented it to his wife Etta, as a Christmas present. 105 years later, on Christmas Eve, this fine home began a two-year restoration project, emerging as the Sleigh Maker Inn. The Inn is one of Boston Metro-West’s prime examples of Victorian accommodations.The Inn, along with the Sleigh Maker guest room, takes it's theme from the chosen profession of Forrest Forbes. Like his father, Daniel W. Forbes, Forrest was a sleigh maker. Daniel Forbes was the first to make a special business of sleigh making when he and his brother Baxter opened their shop around 1840. Eventually, nine sleigh manufacturers opened for business in the town of Westborough. 'D.W. Forbes and Sons' was the oldest manufacturer in the United States and the largest in Westborough, producing approximately 1,200 sleighs a year. The sleighs were mainly one and two horse cutter sleighs. Horse cutter sleighs were smaller sleighs and intended to carry two people.On November 18, 1717, the town of Westborough was incorporated, becoming the 100th town established in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. There were 27 families and approximately 40 settlers living within the perimeters of the new town. That is a far cry from the 18,000 people that now call Westborough home. The predominant industries in the town during its inception were straw hats and, of course, sleighs. In the 21st century, respected global companies such as Staples, Bose and EMC all have offices in Westborough. The town of Westborough has also given the world several famous personalities including Winter Olympic Gold Medalist, Nikki Stone and inventor of the cotton gin, Eli Whitney.In 1997 the home was purchase by Ann Tobin and Diane Ahlman with the dream of turning it into a Bed and Breakfast. The Sleigh Maker Inn Bed and Breakfast was open in 2001. The inn was sold to Deborah and James Bergeron, the current innkeepers and re-opened in late May 2005.
Each morning a full home-cooked breakfast is served in the formal dining room, offering assorted fruits & berries, fresh baked pastries and a variety of homemade breakfast favorites. Refreshments and chocolate cookies are always available. The desires of both business and personal travelers are provided for, making the Sleigh Maker Inn experience unmatched.
- Check In Time ~ 3:30 PM--6:30 PM (If you need to check in at different times, let us know and we can make arrangements)
- Departure Time ~ before 11:00 AM
Cancellation Policy (For regular business travelers, we do have a more flexible policy, please call for details)
- A valid credit card number or deposit check in the amount equal to one nights stay or 30% of entire booking (which ever is higher) is needed to make a reservation along with the names of the people staying in the room, address and phone number.
- Cancellation with a minimum of 14 days notice will not be subject to any fees.
- Cancellations made with less than a 14 days notice are subject to a fee equal to the first night’s stay or 30% of the entire booking,(whichever is higher) unless we are able to rebook the room. If we are able to rebook the room, no fees will be applied.
- If a cancellation is due to a family or medical emergency, or hazardous weather conditions and we are not able to rebook, the amount will be applied to a future reservation made within 6 months of the original check in date.
- Cancellation fees will not be charged until the day after the scheduled check-in, in hopes that we can rebook the room.
- Jim and I understand that emergencies arise and we will do our best to accommodate you and your situation. Please do understand that when you reserve a room, the room is available for you. When you cancel with little notice, it is very difficult for us to rebook the room on such short notice, which results in a loss of income.
- Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved, Full payment may be requested at time of arrival.
Room Charges ~Our rates include a full breakfast, evening night cap, complimentary snacks and refreshments available throughout the day.
Other Issues ~ Maximum of two people per room with the exception for an infant in a portable crib. Portable cribs and beds are not provided.
- We accept cash, check, Travelers' Check, American Express, VISA or Mastercard.
- If you would like any extra's please call and speak with the innkeepers. We are always willing to help with your plans.
- Minimum stay of one night
- Maximum stay up to 14 consecutive nights maybe available.
- We do not accept long term guests.
- We do not accept guests for an afternoon stay only.
- This is a non smoking inn; guest may smoke outside.
- We do not normally accept pets.