Historic Merrell Inn
If you would like the best of the Inn and one of the best in the Berkshires, consider staying in the Riverview Suite. It is located in a separate wing of the building which provides utmost privacy. Sleep in the spacious bedroom with splendid views on three sides of the gardens and grounds of the Inn. Spend your leisure hours on the colonnaded balcony overlooking the Housatonic River and with splendid views of the Berkshire Mountains. In winter, cozy up to your own wood-burning fireplace in a room with the King size bed and in the soft light of an elegant brass chandelier. Spend time in your own sitting room, and pamper yourself in the large, well appointed bath. Spend special days and nights in an immaculate room thoughtfully decorated and appointed with your comfort and convenience in mind.
All rooms are individually decorated, some in a formal style, some in authentic New England country style. Most rooms have Queen size beds, one has a King size bed and one has Twin beds. All rooms are in the historic brick building. The rooms on the third-floor were created out of a grand ballroom where New Englanders waltzed with abandon a century and a half ago. All rooms are air-conditioned. Four rooms have their original wood-burning fireplaces. All rooms have televisions and telephones.
Room 10 - River View Suite
Rates and Policies
- Summer Fall and Holiday weekends and special events: $180 to $225
- Weekdays: $115 to $175
- Winter and Spring weekends and special events: $120 to $175
- Weekdays: $100 to $140
- Summer Fall and Holiday weekends and special events: $295
- Weekdays: $225
- Winter and Spring weekends and special events: $215
- Weekdays: $175
- Two-night minimum most weekends.
- Three-night minimum for July and August weekends.
- Corporate rates are available. Please inquire.
- Rate does not include taxes of 9.7% or gratuity. Check-in time is anytime between 2 and 10 PM and checkout is 11 AM. Other arrival times may be arranged with prior notice. A late check-out may be arranged when possible for an additional fee of one half the room rate.
- Rates are based on double occupancy. Each extra person in a room is $25 per night
- Well behaved children are welcome, please inquire.
- For the end of June, all of July, and all of August weekends are Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The remainder of the year, they are Friday and Saturday.
Deposit and Refund:
- A full deposit is required for one-night stays.
- A 50% deposit is required for two nights or longer stays.
- Deposits will be refunded only if notice is received by our office no less than 14 days, or 30 days during the months of July and August or holidays, prior to the intended date of arrival. A service charge of $25, or 5% for extended stays, per room will be deducted from the deposit.
- Guests who check out before the last day of the reservation will be required to pay for the days reserved in full.
- We realize that situations may arise necessitating cancellation within the 14 or 30 day limit, and do sympathize, however we must maintain our business policy due to limited season and high accommodation demands.
- A partial refund may be possible only if we are able to re-book the room(s).
- We must have a deposit on all rooms in order to guarantee the reservation.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Corporate rates are available.
- Inquire about additional policies and rates for special events and stays longer than (6) nights
- Guests choosing to disregard our no pets / non-smoking policy will have their reservations cancelled immediately. There is no smoking allowed in the building or on any porches connected to the building. The balance of their room rental monies will be forfeited. Further, we will be compensated for lost future revenue by guests whose disregard for this policy renders a room unacceptable for incoming guests.
- All fireplaces are wood burning fireplaces. Hence, they are seasonal and weather reliant. We must enforce certain restrictions on fireplaces during some weather conditions.