The Knoll Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The Knoll Bed & Breakfast,a house designed by an architect named Putnam. It is of English Tudor design built in 1910. We have 17 acres of farmland and forest and the house is set back from MA Highway 9. There is a large circular driveway that leads up to the front entrance and there is an acre of lawn in front of the house.
Within a few minutes of driving time from The Knoll you can reach any of the five colleges located in western Massachusetts. These colleges are Smith, Amherst, Mt. Holyoke, University of Massachusetts, and Hampshire. Bradley Field in the Hartford Springfield area is a major airport south of The Knoll and is an hours-driving time away. Logan airport in Boston is two hours away and Kennedy and LaGuardia in New York are three hours of driving time.
The Knoll Bed & Breakfast has been in operation since 1982.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Leona and Edgar Lesko for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Reasons for stay: College visits, attending Bar Mitzvahs, and both family and college reunions.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Best known for clean quiet accommodations at a reasonable rate, unique because of location in a residential area yet a farm setting
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Visit relatives who have just moved to town.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"Wow! Your home is beautiful"
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Beautiful area, which is called paradise city.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Look Park, a public park with picnic tables, an outdoor theater and well-manicured grounds.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
East Side Grille
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have four rooms.
Do you accept pets?
No pets; a pet hotel in Hadley, MA is about 5 miles away.
How to Find Us
- Take exit 18 off of I-91.
- Turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto Route 5 North to Northampton.
- One mile from the exit you will arrive at the lights at Northampton Center.
- Once at the lights, turn left, this will bring you onto Route 9 - Main Street.
- Continue on Route 9 for 3 1/2 miles to the second set of lights which is Florence Center.
- Go through the lights and continue on Route 9 for another .6 of a mile. We are located on the left side.
- Look for a large house set back off of the road with a circular driveway and an aluminum flagpole in the front.
- Our driveway entrance is opposite a forty MPH speed limit sign.
- Please drive up to the front door for registering.