The Dana (Room 1)
Imagine… nestling in a romantic four-poster king bed on a cloud of a featherbed. In this spacious room favored by authors and encore guests, lounge like royalty on the luxurious chaise or cushy sofa, savoring the warmth of the wood-burning fireplace or perch a window seat, enjoying the treetop and mountain views outside our Lenox MA B&B.
With its updated private bath hand-painted by a local artist, television with VCR and DVD player, and an iPod clock radio, the former boudoir of the chatelaine of the mansion offers the amenities of today with the elegance of the past at our Lenox Bed and Breakfast.
The Hubbard (Room 2)
Imagine… 21st century comfort in this room at our romantic Berkshires getaway dating from colonial times, the luxury of a four-poster king bed (or two twins) with a Martha Washington bedspread and a pastoral toile de Jouy setting the scene, the antique desk, the ease of comfortable seating, the ceiling fan.
A few steps across the hall, the past and present also meet in the newly renovated private bath, hand-painted by a local artist at our Berkshires bed and breakfast, where today’s large glass shower boasts an oversized rainforest showerhead dating from 1910.
The Wagner (Room 3)
Imagine… this cheery room that creates its own sunshine and reflects the historic gardens it overlooks at our Berkshires B&B. The hand-painted garden in the updated private bath with shower, the queen bed, ceiling fan, television and small seating area wrap you with warmth and comfort at our romantic bed and breakfast in the Berkshires.
The Dewey (Room 4)
Imagine… stretching out in this luxury-sized room with a come-hither four-poster king bed with its heavenly featherbed, cuddling up in front of the wood-burning hearth or watching TV on the spacious (sleep) sofa, enjoying pastoral views from your window seat, penning a post card from the antique desk at our historic bed and breakfast in Lenox MA. The bedroom’s aubergine floral theme also graces the updated hand-painted private bath with extra-large, multi-headed shower. Fit for a king and queen at our romantic Lenox B&B.
The Egleston (Room 5)
Imagine… the warmth of coral, seafoam and wheat hues, the seductive four-poster queen bed with luxurious featherbed, the inviting cushy down sofa, the coziness of the wood-burning brick fireplace, and the view of the historic New England stone-walled garden at our Lenox MA Inn.
Enjoy a soothing soak in the antique clawfoot tub for two or refresh in the glass-walled shower in the newly updated private hand-painted bath. The historic ambiance married with today’s convenience enhances your experience in the innkeeper’s favorite room at our Lenox B&B, often referred to as “The Loving Room.”
The Wilson (Room 6)
Imagine… the coziness of this restful former sewing room at our historic Lenox Bed and Breakfast, with its comforting buttercup and cornflower blue decor, queen bed, antique princess dresser, cushy chintz chair, and, yes, the antique sewing machine.
The Goodwin (Room 7)
Imagine… stepping into a garden in bloom of cheerful yellow, peony, and lime aerie, with the charming character of sloped ceilings and dormer windows, the four-poster iron king bed (or two twins), small seating area, convenient desk, ceiling fan and updated private hand-painted bath with shower at our romantic Berkshires bed and breakfast.
The Wright-Smith Mini-Suite (Room 8/9)
Imagine… looking out of floor-to-ceiling windows over the treetops in your two-room, Americana “tree house” suite, the spacious bedroom with Mission queen bed, catching the breezes from the stately oaks and graceful birches at our romantic Lenox MA Bed and Breakfast. Snuggle up on the sitting room’s twin-sized daybed, watching television, warmed by the ambiance of the gas fireplace. Enjoy the double-sized shower in your updated private hand-painted bath, just a couple of steps across the hall
The Loring (Room 10)
Imagine… cuddling in this secluded, cozy, raspberry-hued nest on your queen bed, with a bird’s eye view of the historic Church on the Hill, ceiling fan, and a spacious private bath with shower and antique sink at our Bed and Breakfast in the Berkshires.
The Post (Carriage House 1)
Imagine… the soothing hues of this graceful room set amidst the rock garden, with your own private entrance and semi-private porch.
From your comfortable queen bed or small sitting area, you’ll enjoy the ambiance and warmth of the elegant gas fireplace. The convenience of the room refrigerator, private bath with shower, and television ensure your restful visit.
The MacDonald (Carriage House 2)
Imagine… the cheerful cottage ambiance created by Berkshire plaids, Shaker-quilted queen bed, gas Vermont stove, private entrance and semi-private porch enhanced with television and private bath with shower at our historic Lenox MA Inn.
- All rates are per room, double occupancy. There is a $40.00 charge for each additional person.
- A full country, award-winning breakfast, served at individual tables generally at 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. (8:30/9:30 in summer), and afternoon tea are included in all room rates.
- State and local room tax is 11.7%.
- Rates and minimum stays are subject to increases for most holidays and special events.
- Prices and terms are subject to change without notice (but not once you have made your reservation).
- Please click here to see the rate chart for our Lenox Massachusetts Lodging.
- Smoking is not permitted within the inn or within 10 feet of the entry, porch, and Carriage House doors. Smoking is permitted in the garden.
- Charley, Ellen’s very friendly Bichoodle hearing ear dog, is in residence as is Quinn, her retired hearing dog, a Golden Retriever. We welcome all service dogs and accept well-behaved guest dogs whenever possible. (See Pet Policy)
- Children – well-behaved children 12 and over are welcome at our Lodging in Lenox MA.
- Summer weekend reservations are accepted from repeat guests only until early January. New guests are invited to put their names on our waiting list, and they will be contacted in January.
- We do not have a liquor license but guests are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages.
Minimum Stays and Deposits
- There is a three-night minimum stay on Tanglewood Season weekends as well as on most holiday weekends.
- There is a two-night minimum stay for midweek stays during Tanglewood and Foliage Seasons.
- Weekends during Tanglewood Season are Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- There is a two-night minimum stay (inquire for one-night stays) on weekends, excluding holiday weekends, from Labor Day through late June.
- Minimum stays are subject to increases for most holidays
- A one-night deposit for stays of three nights or less (with a valid major credit card, check or money order) is required when making a reservation. A 50% deposit is required for stays of four nights or more.
- Should you wish to cancel or change your reservation for any reason, we do require at least 14 days’ advance notice (21 days from June-November 1) during Tanglewood and Foliage Seasons, the Christmas-New Year’s holiday season, and longer for groups of 3 or more rooms) by telephone. With at least 14 (21) days’ notice, we will refund your deposit, less a service charge of 10% of your total reservation.
- Cancellations made within the 14-day (21-day) period will be charged for the full amount of the reserved stay unless we are able to rebook the room.
- If we are able to rebook the room, we will refund the rebooked portion, less the 10% service charge.
- We are a small inn and cancellations affect us dramatically. If you have any concerns about possibly having to cancel, we do recommend inexpensive trip cancellation insurance.
Check-In and Check-Out Times
- Check-in: 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We are unable to accommodate early check-ins. If you anticipate arriving after 8:00 p.m., please let us know ahead of time so that we can make special arrangements.
- Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- All guest rooms have private baths, hairdryers, and toiletries.
- All guest rooms have telephones for outgoing calls.
- All guest and public rooms have free wireless internet access.
- All guest rooms are air-conditioned (seasonal). Fireplaces are also seasonal.
- A portable stereo system is available for guest use.
- Irons and ironing boards are available for guest use.
Special Events at Birchwood Inn: We welcome the opportunity to host
- Small weddings (under 30 guests)
- Family/friend reunions; small conferences/retreats
- Luncheons and teas
- Open to guests from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Our guest refrigerator is for guest use.
- Coffee and tea are available 24/7, with a Keurig System for coffee and an Instant Hot dispenser for tea
- Ice maker, ice buckets, corkscrews
Concierge Service: We are happy to make dinner reservations for our guests and provide a wealth of information and directions.
We Love our Furry Four-legged Guests (Pet Policy)
- First and foremost, dogs must be very well-behaved and well-trained furry guests.
- Depending on availability, we accept up to 2 guest dogs in the inn at one time.
- We require that guest dogs be bathed and groomed before coming to the inn.
- Please present proof of vaccinations at check-in.
- There is a daily fee of $25.00 for each dog.
- Because Quinn is a service dog and must not be distracted while working, guest pups need to be “invisible” and on a leash at all times.
- Guest pets must be walked off property, and we expect that our guests will clean up after the pets completely. Lenox does have a stoop-and-scoop bylaw as well as a leash bylaw.
- While the dog owners are not in their room, the dog should be crated in the room.
- Of course, we ask that your dog NOT share your bed, but please remove the comforter and shams, just in case.
- When guests leave the inn, the dog must accompany them or be crated in their room. We expect that dogs will not disturb other guests by barking or whining.
- Upon arrival, the dog owner will sign a waiver agreeing to pay for any damages caused or extra-cleaning needed due to the dog.
- If your dog is not well behaved or disturbs other guests by barking, the inn does have the right to ask the owners to kennel their dog or leave. No refunds will be offered.