English Hideaway Inn
The name has connotations locally as we are situated in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts. What you may not know, Berkshire (pronounced Barkshire) is also a royal county of England. This is the country home of the British Royal Family who spend much of their time living in the timeless splendour of Windsor Castle.
This a beautiful room complete with a queen sleigh bed, Flat Screen Cable TV and DVD player, WiFi Internet, A/C and ensuite bathroom. There is also a private deck for this room for you to enjoy the balmy days of summer maybe sitting with a glass of wine and a good book overlooking the countryside in the shade of a 200 year old Black Maple tree. For the chilly Fall and Winter nights there is a gas fuelled log fire for a truly romantic ambience. Ask about our Anniversary and Valentines Romantic Packages.
Winchester, as well as a small town close by across the border into Connecticut, was also the ancient capital of early England. This was the home of King C’nute in AD 900 when he learnt that even a King was unable to halt the sea’s tide from rising; he got wet! One of the most acclaimed early Anglo Saxon Kings, King Alfred the Great, had his capital here in AD 1000, sixty years before William the Conqueror invaded and changed the course of English history turning the existing Saxon Church into one of the grandest Cathedrals in the land.
This generously sized room is located on the north side of the inn with an en suite shower room. The room has a Queen Canopy Bed, two wing back chairs, Flat Screen TV & DVD Player, A/C and wireless Internet. The room is located on the second floor with views over Tom Ball Mountain with its romantic associations with the Mahican Indians.
The room takes its name after the close by town of the same name just across the border in Connecticut. This town also gained its name from the ancient city of Salisbury in England. This is close to the 8,000 year old ruins of Stonehenge, the Roman and early English fortification of Old Sarum which dates back to 500 BC but above all is home to the majestic Salisbury Cathedral. This has the tallest cathedral spire in England reaching as high as 400 feet.
This generous sized room is also on the second floor located on the south side of the Carriage House. In addition to an en suite shower room this comfortable room has a Queen bed with a pillow top mattress, two wing back chairs, Flat Screen cable TV & DVD player, A/C and wireless internet. The windows provide early morning sunlight and views of the gardens with the mountains in the distance.
Rates & Information
Low Season Rates:
January 1 - June 20 and November 1 - December 31
Weekdays: $105 - $135 per night depending on room
- The Salisbury Room and Winchester Room are both each $105
- The Berkshire Room is $135
Weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday): $165 - $195 per night depending on room, 2 night stay required - Surcharge applied to one night stays
- The Salisbury Room and Winchester Room are both each $165
- The Berkshire Room is $195
- 3rd Person in room is $25 per night
High Season Rates:
June 21 - October 31
Weekdays : $135- $165 per night depending on room
- The Salisbury Room and Winchester Room are both $135
- The Berkshire Room is $165
Weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday): $225 - $255 per night depending on room
- The Salisbury Room and Winchester Room are both each $225
- The Berkshire Room is $255
- There is a Minimum 2 night stay required in the summer months - Surcharge applied to one night stays
- 3rd Person in room is $25 per night
- Weekdays: $105 - $135 per night depending on room
Terms and Conditions
- A charge of $25 per night will be added for an additional guest & bed.
- Included in the room rate is a scrumptious breakfast served between 8 - 9:30
- All rooms have wireless-internet, flat screen TVs and DVD players as well as air conditioning.
- The English Hideaway is a smoke-free historic Inn. A cleaning fee of $150 will be levied for non compliance.
- We do not accept any pets.
- Between June 21 and August 31, as well as for all national holidays, a minimum stay of 2 nights is required. During this time, we reserve the right to add a surcharge for one night stays.
- We accept Visa, Master Card and Discover. Although we accept credit cards, we would prefer personal checks and cash. If paid by personal check or cash, there is a 2% Discount given. During Tanglewood season as well as for all reservations of three or more nights, we require a 50% deposit to guarantee your reservation. This deposit will be credited to your account when your reserved stay is completed. For all other reservations, we require a one-night deposit.
- Departure before final date of reservation will be charged as originally confirmed.
- If a reservation is canceled at least 15 day's (30 day's during July and August) prior to the arrival date, your deposit will be refunded less a 20% cancellation fee per room
- If a reservation is canceled less than 15 days (30 days in July and august) prior to the arrival date, you will forfeit your full deposit unless we are able to rebook the room, in which your deposit will be refunded less a 20% cancellation fee per room.
- Cancellation the same day of confirmed arrival and departure before final date of reservation the full balance will be charged as originally confirmed
- Check-in begins at 3 pm- if you plan on arriving after 6 PM, please notify us in advance. Check out is by 11 AM.