Woods Hole Passage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Table Of Contents
Woods Hole Passage Bed & Breakfast Inn of Falmouth, Massachusetts provides you with all the comfort and warm hospitality that Cape Cod Bed & Breakfast Inn's are known for, and represents Cape Cod lodging at it's finest! It is the perfect All-Season Cape Cod Bed & Breakfast where you can relax and enjoy everything New England and specifically, The Cape have to offer, right at your doorstep.
Ideally located near Martha's Vineyard, between the town of Falmouth and village of Woods Hole, it is within walking distance of both bay and ocean beaches. This 5-room inn is the transformation of a century-old carriage house, situated on spacious grounds, surrounded by large shade trees, and well-maintained flower and herb gardens.
Woods Hole Passage offers lodging close to all the summer fun of Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Falmouth, Massachusetts, including: beaches, sailing, art galleries, restaurants, shops, theatre, film festivals, and the famed Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. Additionally it provides a restful retreat in the quiet season.
Intimate breakfast tables surround the Great Room, which is furnished with large, comfortable couches and rocking chairs. In one corner, a table is set with tea and freshly baked cookies for guests to enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up. Another corner holds an entertainment center with TV/DVD player. All around, the walls are hung with an eclectic array of original art. When you arrive for breakfast, you may find a fire in the fireplace to take the chill off the morning air.
The Stone Patio is set with tables where breakfast may be enjoyed overlooking manicured grounds, including flower and herb gardens, and a rolling lawn with ample space for croquet or bocce, a horseshoe pit, and relaxing lawn furniture.
Anyone who's known the pleasures of a summer beach house, knows that there's no better way to end a day in the sun than by taking a shower in the great outdoors. It's totally refreshing. We welcome you to enjoy our Outdoor Shower. It's a Cape Cod tradition.
More About Our Inn
Breakfast to Stay or to Go!
There's nothing quite as beautiful as the slants of light on a Cape Cod morning. At Woods Hole Passage, you can catch the sun with breakfast by a huge multi-paned window, or invigorate yourself with breakfast on our patio overlooking the flower and herb gardens.
And what a breakfast! Breakfast includes such items as: home-baked breads, scones, bagels, fresh-fruit, egg nest, Crème Brulé French toast or homemade strawberry shortcake, juices and fragrant coffee or tea, served from 8:30 to 9:30 AM. And if you're leaving earlier to enjoy the day or catch the ferry, your "breakfast-to-go" bag with fruit, muffin and juice will be on the table, ready for you to grab it and go!
Woods Hole Passage...Getaway to Cape Cod!
Part of Cape Cod's fascination is that its moods and atmosphere are both varied and encompassing. Whether you're looking for an exciting, activity-filled day, or a peaceful interlude from your hectic daily life, the Cape has something to satisfy you, and Woods Hole Passage is located close to it all.
Summer or Winter, Your Room is Waiting
Woods Hole Passage is close to all the Spring and Summer fun of Cape Cod and Falmouth, Massachusetts. Off-season, it's an atmospheric retreat for writers, artists, students, and for anyone who enjoys the evocative autumn and winter moods of this very special place. Whimsically named with a nod to the venerable Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute down the street, each of the five, artfully appointed rooms features ample amenities including a queen-size bed, a small sitting area, private bath, and air conditioning. Secure wireless internet connectivity is available.
From Our Guest Book
"The charm of the Inn is enhanced by the hospitality of the owners. We have slept like two angels." – Spain
"We absolutely adore the gardens and grounds. A wonderful, fun and relaxing stay. We are refreshed." – K & S, Texas
Our Environmental Policy
We are committed to maintaining the highest possible standard of service and comfort for our guests, while keeping our environmental impact (or carbon footprint) to a minimum.
What we are doing Every Day:
- No smoking is allowed anywhere on the property
- Energy star appliances are in use wherever possible, and energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs are replacing incandescent bulbs
- We turn off electric amenities when not in use, and encourage our guests to do the same
- This includes air conditioners, fans and lights
- Water-saving aerators are installed on every sink
- Low-flow showerheads & toilets are installed throughout
- We purchase in bulk whenever possible, to help reduce excess packaging
- Refillable liquid soap dispensers in all showers eliminate use of plastic bottles
- Glass carafes are used for dispensing spring water for drinking, further reducing the use of plastic bottles
- Enviromentally safe, all natural cleaning products are used for glass surfaces, toilet bowls, laundry, & dishwasher
- All natural, non-toxic, bath products including shampoo, soap & lotion are available for our guests' use
- Toilet paper, paper towels, and facial tissue all have a high post consumer content
- Our office uses recycled paper products as well, and our promotional materials including programs, pamphlets, and brochures are printed on recycled paper
- Organic towels and bath mats are used in all bathrooms
- As they are retired from use, bed linens will be replaced with organic ones
- Old towels and sheets are given to a reuse program
- We allow guests to decide if their towels need to be changed - signaling us by placing towels they wish replaced on the bathroom floor
- A rain barrel is used to collect water for the vegetable, herb and flower gardens
- We compost kitchen waste to use in gardens, along with non-toxic fertilizers
- Broken equipment is repaired and reused
- Functioning equipment that is no longer needed is donated to charity
- We participate in the Falmouth waste recycling program
- Low VOC paints will be purchased for all future new construction or refurbishment
Whether you're looking for an exciting, activity-filled day, or a peaceful interlude from your everyday world, this area of Cape Cod has something special for you.
A variety of rewarding destinations are within walking and biking distance of the Inn. A short walk through the woods brings you to an elevated rock-outcrop and a protected, warm-water beach known as "The Knob"
Also well within range arethe Nobska Lighthouse (below), (WHOI) and aquarium, the (MBL), shopping and dining in the village of or town of fishing, or the beaches of Buzzard's Bay and Nantucket Sound.
Woods Hole Passage is a magical, quiet retreat in any season. Here you are surrounded by the raw beauty of the Atlantic Coast and Cape Cod. Opportunities for land and sea sports, wildlife discovery, historical and cultural enrichment are only minutes from your doorstep, while all the comforts of home are at your fingertips.
Fishing & Boating:
- Whales, www.whales.net
- Patriot Party Boats, www.patriotpartyboats.com
From New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island
- Take I-95 North to I-195 East in Providence
- To Rte. 25 (Cape Cod exit)
- To Rte. 28 South at Bourne Bridge into Falmouth
From Western Massachusetts
- Take Mass Pike to 495 (and Rte. 25)
- To Rte. 28 South at the Bourne Bridge into Falmouth
- Take Route 3 South to 6 West toward Falmouth / Buzzards Bay
- To 28 South (Falmouth & The Island) over Bourne Bridge then South into Falmouth
- Follow sign to Woods Hole and Islands
- Woods Hole Passage is two miles down on the left, just past Ransom Road