Table Of Contents
The Delano Homestead Bed and Breakfast, built in 1832 by one of New England's most prominent families. The Bed and Breakfast is situated on a quiet, residential street in the heart of the village center. The historic home is decorated with period furnishings, has lovely gardens, a conservatory, a greenhouse, and commanding views. The home is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, parks, the town fishing piers, the bicycle path, the ocean and the beach (1/2 mile).
The Delano Homestead Bed and Breakfast was once the residence of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's mother, grandfather, and great-grandfather. It was FDR's summer and holiday residence into his adult years and was visited by him and Eleanor, even as president and first lady.
Rooms & Amenities
Warren Delano Room
We serve a continental breakfast of fresh-baked muffins, pastries, coffee, juice, tea, yogurt, fruit, cereal, assorted jams, etc. For those who want to explore the local flavor and community or who want a larger breakfast, you can walk to any of three, lovely, local restaurants that serve breakfast, all located within a three-block radius.
The Delano Homestead Bed and Breakfast's Facilities accommodate short-term guests, longer-term guests, and can be rented as a corporate residence and for special events. It has three rooms from which to choose.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt Room
Private bath attached. $100 - $130 per night.
Size: 12' X 12'
Sara Delano Room
Private bath attached. $100 - $150 per night.
Size: 13' X 13'
Warren Delano Room
Private bath, not attached. $100 - $150 per night.
Size: 17' X 18'
- Open year-round.
- Smoking and pets are prohibited.
- Internet access is available on one of our computers and a wireless network is available free of charge to all of our guests.
- We also accept applicants for long-term corporate housing.
- Rates vary from $100 - $150 per night, depending on the season.
- We serve a continental breakfast.
- A 10% discount is available on stays of 7 days or more.
- Payment accepted by cash or check.
- Check-in: 2 to 6 PM. For late arrivals, please let us know of your expected time of arrival.
- Check-out: by 11 AM.
- Reservations require a deposit of 50% of the total lodging cost or one night's lodging (whichever is greater).
- If your plans change, we will be pleased to refund your deposit provided that we receive notice at least two weeks prior to your scheduled arrival date or if we are able to re-book your room.
- There is a $20 handling fee for cancellations.