An English Garden Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to An English Garden Bed & Breakfast where you will delight in a storybook setting reminiscent of the old seaside cottages of England and Old Cape Cod.
An English Garden B&B, built in 1922 and lovingly renovated in 1999, retains all the charm and lure of a bygone era.
An English Garden, formerly known as The Loydon Inn and the Innisfree, is the oldest B&B's in Dennisport. There are eight guest bedrooms (four of which have ocean views), a parlour, a reading room and a sunny breakfast room with individual tables that face the ocean. Each bedroom has a private bath (some with whirlpool), queen size bed with Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, heat and air-conditioning, color cable TV and a balcony or deck.
An English Garden B&B is approximately 150 yards from a sandy beach where in summer the warm waters of Nantucket Sound average 72 degrees.
Enjoy our English Roses, hydrangea, and delphiniums that surround the shingled cottage and cascade over the white picket fence: an oasis of blooms amidst the salt sea air.
Guests awaken each morning to the gentle ocean breeze and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. It is our goal to make your visit with us a most pleasant and relaxing experience.
An English Garden Bed and Breakfast offers some of the finest B&B accommodations on Cape Cod. Our facility in Dennis, MA, is maintained to the highest standards of lodging convenience and elegance. All rooms are beautifully decorated and we offer a wide variety of amenities for your vacation enjoyment.
Just a two minute walk to the sandy, warm water ocean beaches of Nantucket Sound and ocean view from our entrance. A perfect vacation choice for those visiting the Mid Cape Cod area near the towns of Dennis, Dennisport, West Dennis, East Dennis, Brewster, South Dennis, Harwich, Harwichport, West Harwich, Chatham, Yarmouth, South Yarmouth, West Yarmouth, and Yarmouthport, Massachusetts. Bed & Breakfast accommodations at their finest in a friendly & accommodating atmosphere.
Weekly accommodations and vacation rental in our separate luxury suites in the same quiet area. Also, weekly rental available in our new 3 bedroom guest house (a great alternative to weekly cottage rentals) that is open year round. Full breakfast served daily in our breakfast room. We offer very reasonable rates for our B & B rooms, luxury suites, and summer rentals with daily and weekly rates. Try our Cape Cod B&B as an alternative to a motel or hotel. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Anita Sangiolo for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Breathtaking Ocean views, 3 Beaches, Mid Cape Location, English Perennial Garden, Breakfast, Hospitality, Great Value, Charm & Comfort
What are you best known for?
Full Breakfast in our sunny Ocean view Breakfast Room
What makes your inn unique?
Touch of England
What do you love most about your inn?
We Love every nook and cranny of this happy home.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Beaches, Sand Dunes, Lakes, Art & Ole’ Cape History and Architecture
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
A guest who wrote “My husband and I have been going to Bed and Breakfasts for 20 years and An English Garden B&B is by far the finest”.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The incredible beauty of the Cape in Sept. & Oct. before winter rolls in.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Drive along picturesque 6A on the Dennis Bay side, Attend a musical or a play at the Cape Playhouse in Dennis ( oldest summer stock playhouse in the country ) . Take a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket , Tour the Dennis Cranberry Bogs. Kayak along the Swan River and its many estuaries. Visit Chatham, Provincetown, Hyannis. Experience the incredible sand dunes at the National Seashore and Provincetown.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Swim in the warm waters off Nantucket Sound. Our B&B is located 150 yards from Inman St. beach. Stroll along the sandy beaches. Enjoy the breathtaking sunset off West Dennis Beach. Browse in the many antique shops , Poke in the downtown General Store, Stop in at Buckey’s for their incredible pastries and delicious coffee, Take a short walk to our famous Sundae School Ice cream shop. Enjoy the excitement of parades, concerts and fireworks on our beaches on the 4th of July. There is always an outdoor art exhibit in one town or other where local artists display their works.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
The Ocean House, The Oyster Company. The Wee packet, The Ebb Tide, The Wooden Shoe and Royal Pizza are within walking distance. A myriad of restaurants are within 10 -15 min drive.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce and Dennis Chamber of Commerce plus our own “ 25 Things to Do on The Cape “ on anenglishgardenbb.com
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 9 charming rooms in the main house and 2 luxury suites in our carriage house.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets and can provide information on pet sitters.
Dennis offers something for everyone. A myriad of activities await you, such as: antiquing, browsing in little shops and museums, walking, jogging, tennis, golf, biking along bike trails, fishing in the nearby famous Bass River, swimming, relaxing on the beach or simply lounging in a "dolce far niente" mode.
The Cape Playhouse in Dennis (the oldest in the country) is nearby and of course many "fun pubs" and excellent restaurants await you. Visit Plymouth Plantation, Provincetown or take a day trip on the nearby ferries to the islands of Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.
An English Garden Bed & Breakfast is open from the end of April thru October. Come any season and let us help make your holiday a most pleasant one.
Mid Cape Hoop School Weekly basketball camp for boys & girls
Fritz Glass Hand-blown glass and demonstrations
Brandi Ellen Sportfishing Economical day fishing charter - "We Catch Fish"
Nothin' Yet Sportfishing Fishing charter - Great Rates - Family Fun
Cranberry Bog Tours Riding tour of cranberry bog - Educational - Farm Animals
Jack's Record Machine Disc Jockey services for all types of occasions
25 Fun Things To Do During Your Stay
- Watch the sunset at West Dennis Beach
- Go for a dip in the ocean, use our outdoor shower, and relax in our outdoor hot tub
- Charter a sailboat, and sail around Hyannis Harbo
- Drive down Route 6A between Sandwich & Orleans, one of America's most scenic highways. It's filled with antique stores, gift shops, art galleries, and lots of colonial charm
- Tour Cape Lighthouses; learn their history & take pictures of these beautiful landmarks
- Rent a Bicycle and bike the Cape Cod Canal path, or the cape Cod Rail Trail to see breathtaking natural beauty
- Golf at one of our 32 world-class courses
- Take a day trip to Martha's Vineyard and/or Nantucket. Ferries leave from Harwich, Falmouth, and Hyannis
- Tour the art galleries on Route 28 in Harwich, Chatham, Wellfleet, and Provincetown
- Go on a whale watch. See these magnificent creatures up close from a boat
- Go to a fish pier in Chatham, Sandwich, or Provincetown and watch the fishermen unload their catch
- Go on a bird tour of Monomoy Island, or the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- Climb to the top of Scargo Tower in Dennis, for the best view of Cape Cod Bay
- Do the short self-guided nature walks at the Cape Cod National Seashore in Eastham or Wellfleet. They're easy, scenic, and well-marked
- Go for a tour of the sand dunes in a 4-wheel drive vehicle in Provincetown
- Shop the many factory outlets at the Canal, or travel a few miles off-cape to the largest flea market in New England, located in Raynham
- Take a day trip to historic Plymouth, located 12 miles North of the Canal. Visit the Plimouth Plantation, where the village people are still living in the 1620's. See Mayflower II
- You can Surf cast in the ocean anywhere on Cape Cod without a license. You never know what you will catch
- Visit the John F. Kennedy Memorial and the JFK museum, both in Hyannis, and the drive by the Kennedy compound in Hyannisport
- Climb to the top of Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown, and reward yourself with a goody from a nearby Portuguese bakery
- For a walk on the wild side, stroll down Commercial St. in Provincetown anytime, but especially at night
- Enjoy the shade walks, and bike trails in Nickerson State Park in Brewster
- Take in a baseball game. The Cape Cod Baseball League has 5 games being played almost every night from mid-June thru mid-August
- Take in a movie at the Wellfleet Drive-In
- Go antiquing. Cape Cod's antique shops are unsurpassed in the quality of their goods