Baird Tavern Bed and Breakfast
The Ashley Room
Tucked away at the end of a narrow hall, the Ashley Room is named after Dr. William Ashley who, taking advantage of the clean mountain air, used the house as a restorative retreat for his patients. You'll be transported to another time when you wake up to the sun in the beautiful luxurious cherry queen size bed.
Feel the warmth of the original, native pine floorboards under your feet as you walk over to the antique spinning wheel sitting in the corner. You may even notice a charred spot on the floor, left long ago by a woodstove that got too hot. A large, sunny, beautifully tiled bathroom decorated with pewter sconces and handmade pine cabinetry accompanies the room.
The Bartholomew Room
Wake up to the songs of birds in this room named after the Bartholomew family, owners who ran the former tavern as a stagecoach stop during the 1800s, and legend has it, part of the Underground Railroad. A romantic queen size Shaker style pencil post canopy dominates, while the original, wide pine flooring suffuses the room with warmth.
The Taggart Room
Plenty of space in this unique room that sleeps up to five people! Three twin beds and one double bed, all antiques, make it a perfect choice for families or friends traveling together. Sloping ceiling, low windows, and a brick chimney lend charm to this cozy space. Windows on both sides of the room look out over the bird feeders, so guests can enjoy the antics of the wildlife gathered below.
All three of the Baird Tavern's spacious, antique-filled guestrooms are located on the second floor.
- Baird Tavern is open year round, including Thanksgiving and Christmas
- There is a two night minimum stay on holidays and some weekends
- Room rates are $120- $145/night
- Room rates are based on an occupancy rate of two persons
- Additional persons in the rooms are $25/each
- Ask about discounts for stays of at least 4 nights
- Gift certificates to the Baird Tavern B&B are available
- Egyptian 100% cotton sheets and thick, thirsty towels
- Guests will often find Carolyn's own homemade cookies or bars waiting for them in their rooms
- Hot mulled cider, iced tea or homemade lemonade is offered seasonally
- Coffee or tea is available year round
- Check-in and checkout times are flexible, check with your hostess
- We are Kid Friendly. Please visit our website to review our policies regarding children
- Sorry, we are not able to allow smoking indoors
- We cannot accommodate pets, but there are several excellent kennels in town
Because we are not a large establishment, we require at least two (2) weeks notice in order to refund your deposit. If you cancel less than 14 days before the arrival date, your deposit is nonrefundable. Full payment is due in advance for July, August and October weekends, and anytime one party books the entire house.
Reservations can be made by phone any day of the week from 8:00AM to 10:00PM by calling Carolyn at: (413) 848-2096 or (413) 329-0021. The Baird Tavern accepts cash, personal checks, and travelers' checks.