Allen House Victorian Inn/Amherst Inn
Innkeeper(s): Alan Zieminski & Ann Kings
IntroductionAward Winning Historical Victorian Bed and Breakfast. Three Diamond AAA. Within walking distance of the Emily Dickinson House, Amherst College, the University of Massachusetts and fine galleries, museums, theatres, concerts, shops and restaurants. Private baths, central air conditioning, stereo alarm clock radio with docking station for playing and charging iphone, ipods and ipads. free WIFi, free rides to and from local colleges, bus and train station. Free local and long distance phone calls. Smoking limited to outside verandas and gardens. Well behaved children welcome. LGBT friendly. 15 elegant rooms from $75 to $175 per night including a complimentary full breakfast. Special rates for visiting students and their parents, Veterans, service volunteers, long term stays, and AAA members.The interior was restored with historic precision to every last detail to reflect the Aesthetic Movement, the Victorian subculture that emphasized art in the interior decor. Aesthetic Movement decor, period art, fine antiques and art wall coverings of period designers Charles Eastlake, Walter Crane and William Morris are historically and artistically featured. The original handcarved cherry wood fireplace mantels are catalogued by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in N.Y.C.
For Reservations, Please Call us at (413) 253-5000
- Bon Appetit's Historic Christmas Inn
- Boston Magazine's ''Best Victorian in New England''
- Yankee Magazine's ''Editor's Pick of Massachusetts''
- Historic Preservation Award Winner
- Voted ''Best in the Valley'' by Valley Advocate Readers' Poll
- Selected by Fodor's as one of the best B&Bs in America
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellance Award (4.5 stars out of 5)
- Award of Excellence for hospitality and accommodations by American Bed & Breakfast Association