Black Walnut Point Inn
Yew Tree Cabin
With its entrance shaded by one of our 150 year old yew trees, Yew Tree Cabin has a king-size bed, full kitchen, fireplace and pull-out futon. The screened-in porch overlooks the pool and secluded view of the Choptank River under the Chinese elms.
Red Cedar Cabin
Red Cedar is in the middle and has a king-sized bed, full kitchen, fireplace, pull-out futon and private porch with a view of the Choptank River running the length of the cabin.
Pine Tree Cabin
Closest to the water, parking and dock, Pine Tree Cabin is handicap accessible with a king bed, ramp, shower bench and two comfy rockers. Like the other cabins it is lined with knotty pine and has a full kitchen, fireplace and screened-in porch, but it has the best view of sunrise over the Choptank.
The Tilghman room has a private entrance from the dining room and is cozy with hand-hewn black walnut beams, a chaise lounge, king-size bed and daybed that overlooks the pool, great lawn, Choptank River and 30 miles down the bay.
The Bay room is a large airy space with a queen-size bed, daybed, private bath and intimate corner with rocking chairs. Sunsets are magnificent, as are views overlooking the southern tip, western bulkhead and northern bird sanctuary.
With two steps down or up into the private bath, the Talbot Room is 'sunken' under a cathedral ceiling with a queen and twin day bed overlooking the end of the point. There is a cozy sitting area, 19th century dresser and large hope chest with ample space for luggage.
At the top of our quirky staircase nested in the gables is a double bed, vanity, separate bath and shower. With its built-in trunks either side of the chimney it resembles a boat cabin, yet has standing headroom for the tallest of guests.
- Black Walnut Point Inn is an exclusive property where every guest reservation is both important and special to us. An advanced payment of the first night stay is taken upon reservation. If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 10 (ten) days* prior to your arrival date to cancel your reservation less a $35 processing fee.
- In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than ten (10) days* notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. If we can rebook your room(s), a full or partial refund may be made less a $35 processing fee per room.
- Rates/policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests. *A 30 day cancellation notice is required on multiple room bookings, whole house bookings, and for some holidays and special events.
- Check-in: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM. If arriving outside of check-in times, please call to make arrangements.
- Check-out: 11:00 AM.
- No Smoking; however designated outdoor areas are available.
- Due to the fact we are on a bird sanctuary, no pets allowed.
- Childeren age 12 and older are welcome.