George Brooks House Bed and Breakfast
Our first floor Queen fireplace room (12 by 15) features a writing desk plus TV/DVD, private bathroom with custom tiled shower and toilet plus built-in sink in the room.
Room # 1 has a bed bench facing the gas fireplace plus wing chair, desk chair and full length closet. This room opens to a large private porch with two chairs and table facing the gardens and fenced in pool area. Our pet friendly room has front door access to acres of land for walking your dog.
Our first floor Queen fireplace room (12 by 15) sheltered by mature trees faces east to capture the morning sun.
This room features two wing chairs, private entrance off of front porch, Queen canopy bed with bed bench facing gas fireplace (with remote control in winter season), custom armoire with 25" TV and DVD player, and private bathroom with custom tiled shower.
Love is in Bloom
Our first floor King Jacuzzi room (15 by 25) features a two-person oversized whirlpool tub with special lighting near the bed with view of fireplace along with large private bathroom and custom tiled shower.
The King canopy bed has a bed bench facing the gas fireplace. The far end has a sitting area with two club chairs by double window with side door opening directly to the pool area.
Fit for a King
Our second floor King fireplace room (12 by 15) overlooks the pool and gardens with large private bathroom with custom tiled shower.
The King canopy bed with bed bench faces the fireplace and has a TV/DVD on top of bureau viewable from the bed or the two small chairs in the room. A side door to the veranda overlooking the pool and gardens leads to the stairs and the swimming pool plus hot tub.
George's Master Bedroom
Our second floor Queen fireplace room (12 by 15) served as the master bedroom when George and Mamie Brooks lived in the house from 1908 until 1954.
Room # 5 catches the morning sun and has a private bathroom with custom tiled shower and two wing chairs. Queen canopy bed with bedbench facing the gas fireplace and custom armoire with 25" TV and DVD player. Room opens to the veranda overlooking the pool and gardens with outside stairs to pool area.
Our second floor Queen room (14 by 17) has lots of windows and double French doors opening directly to the veranda with 4 chairs and small table overlooking the pool and gardens. The stairs lead down to the pool and hot tub.
Room # 6 features a sitting area with two club chairs and cocktail table, closet, writing desk with chair and private bathroom with custom tiled shower. Queen four poster bed faces custom armoire with 25" TV and DVD player.
Rates and Policies
- Price range: $120 to $240 plus 10% taxes
- Payment: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash or check
- Check-in: 2 to 7 pm; Check-out: 11 am
- No children or pets unless arranged in advance with innkeeper.
- Our rooms are designed for two adults (one Queen or King bed) with some rooms large enough for an inflatable mattress that can slide under the bed . . subject to an extra person charge for the 3rd person.
- Our Inn is Smoke-Free! (smoking outside away from other guests)
- Cancellations or rescheduling are subject to a $25 fee (per room) if made at least 10 days before your arrival date. In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than ten (10) days notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. If we can rebook the room(s), a partial refund will be made based on what we can recover. For group events like weddings or family reunions where you book more than 4 rooms, we require a 60 day cancellation notice.
- When making a reservation, we need your credit card info (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) to secure your reservation . . we do not charge anything on your credit or debit card until you check-in.
- At check-in, you can pay by cash, check or another credit or debit card. We have several loveable cats on site but not in guest bedrooms . . . please advise us if you are allergic to cats! Note: We no longer can accept/redeem BedandBreakfast.com gift cards or certificates.
- Two night minimum stay most weekends (except winter weekends).
- Special winter packages available from November until April
- The best way to check room availability and rates or make reservations is to use the online "Check Availability/Make Reservation " part of our web site (click on the "red button" at the top right). This is available "24 by 7" - so anytime during the day or night you can check room availability or book a room.
- Select the starting date, number of nights and then the room. If the room is booked on one or more nights by someone else, you will get a "Call Us" message. You can modify the dates or choose another room, or just call us! When you get the message "Yours," you can proceed on making your reservation. If the room comes up as "Occupied," then someone else has booked that room for the dates you have chosen. If you need us to make an adjustment in the rate for a special offer or extended stay, just put that in your comment field, and we will adjust the rate and send you a new confirmation. If you have any dietary restrictions, please put that information in the comment field as well.
- If you need to reach us by phone - call 1-410-745-8381. We can usually be reached from 10 am after we serve breakfast to our guests up until 8 pm in the evenings. If we are away from the inn or busy cleaning the pool or hot tub, you can leave us a message on our answering machine. If necessary (like last minute bookings), you can try our cell phone at 1-410-829-0510.
- You can also send us an email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) as we check our email several times each day. This would be appropriate if you are checking a month or more in advance. If you want to book the entire inn or a group of rooms for a special get together, please call us to discuss the arrangements. If you want to bring a pet or children, we ask that you call us to discuss the arrangements and any additional fees as well!