Historic Jacob Rohrbach Inn
Founded in 1763, Sharpsburg is best known for the Antietam Civil War Battlefield, renowned as the most preserved of all Civil War sites. Many of Sharpsburg's homes and churches, including the Jacob Rohrbach Inn were damaged by artillery during the battle, and many buildings still display their scars. The 184 mile long Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Park trail passes by Sharpsburg, and Harpers Ferry National Park is only 12 miles away down the old "John Brown Road".
Five climate controlled guest rooms all with private en-suite baths are furnished with antiques and reproductions
The Jacob Rohrbach Inn can arrange private battlefield tours with knowledgeable historians by advance reservation. The Inn also provides guest bicycle rental for exploring the battlefield, the C&O Canal trail, or enjoying a day trip to nearby Harpers Ferry.
Located in the Blue Ridge of Western Maryland. The Inn offers your finest lodging option in a historic landmark which stood witness to the War Between the States. A better way to stay.
- All rates include Joanne's full multi-course breakfast and complimentary beverages. Breakfast is served in our dining room at 8:30 a.m.
- We will make every effort to accommodate special dietary needs if you let us know when making your reservation.
- There is a 2 night minimum stay for Holiday weekends, special events and weekends in July. Reservations may be held by VISA/MC/DISCOVER/or Check.
- We have a 7 day cancellation policy. Please note that in the event that your plans change, cancellation must be received 7 days in advance of your scheduled day of arrival or you will be charged for one night's stay if we cannot rebook the room.
- We have Free High-Speed Wireless Internet & Cable TV.
- Check-in time is anytime after 3:00 p.m. Check-out by 11:00 a.m.
- We cannot accommodate pets or smoking in the inn.
- Children 10 and older are welcome.